• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no more sense from 1000 km away.

I did not have the 12-2 stats but it sure seems like every time Tampa scores, #3 is on the ice. Even the US intermission crew last night were calling him out.
It took them that long?

I’m surprised Sandin hasn’t been able to crack the playoff lineup yet.
Apparently Toronto is also looking for a late first rounder for Liljegren the way they're treating him.

I know every team has a guy or guys like this that drive the fans crazy but the problem is unlike in the past where, say, playing Cody Ceci was driving us nuts but there was literally nobody half decent to take the ice time on the right side the Leafs have at least two options that would be better than Holl and Holl has done himself no favours whatsoever with his play. The coaching staff needs to be getting roasted - not only did Cooper once again eat Sheldon's lunch last night (Cirelli's line must've been on 90% of the time Matthews was, you can't let them get their matchup that often with last change FFS) but the coach is being stubborn as hell with what is so obviously a glaring problem in his lineup.

Also, as I said yesterday not playing Bunting was a huge mistake.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs (Tottenham, not San Antonio) fans would like a word.
Spurs have had instances of punching far above their weight class - making the CL Final in 2019, runners up in the Prem to Chelsea in 2015, and for most of the history of the PL getting a top 4 finish and CL qualification alone was a big marker of success for a club of their stature and they've done that a bunch of times. They aren't a club that's ever in the running for the big money transfers in or expected to be in the later stages of the CL etc. There's a lot of "oh no" moments there but nothing to the extent of the above.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first was going to suggest Chicago Cubs fans, but they are probably good for another 90 years or so before they win another World Series.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, the Leafs had a shaky tender (that second goal was awful) and once again waited until the last 5 minutes to come to life. Willy had one of his off nights and I hope they scrap the Jarnkrok-Matthews-Nylander idea. Offensively they were off. And they are too good to have 2 more off games.

If they go out and play like they want to win, I believe they can. They could be the better team, they just need to make a sustained 60 minute effort.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Samsonov responds. He played the game last night like he was in a full body cast. His upper body and lower body seemed to be rotating together and spinning out of control. No recovery at all

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Samsonov responds. He played the game last night like he was in a full body cast. His upper body and lower body seemed to be rotating together and spinning out of control. No recovery at all

If the Leafs don't win game 6, their backs will be up against the Woll.

/I'll show myself out.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm just here for the chaos

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying that diving forward at the puck as it's shot is bad? I mean... it covers the middle 1/3 of the goal vertically!