• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with that. At this point Leafs need cap space. Put a second rounder or something on that and it’s fine.

0% chance Tre doesn’t go out to try and find a Gubberson-type player for $4 mil anyway so why not just get the real thing and free up some room at the same time.

Rielly isn’t bad he’s just simply among the worst defensive defencemen in the league. If you have someone very good in that role to pair with him I think he’ll succeed but the Leafs haven’t been able to do that for ten fucking years for some reason so
First of all, I would not have believed we would ever reach the point where Gudbranson would be suggested as the positive side of a cap dump, but I guess all things are possible.

Second, babysitting offensive D men is exactly what Gudbranson did well this year. Maybe keep Reilly and take on Gubberson. Jenner, Gubberson and a second for whichever of the core four falls furthest out of favor?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I would not have believed we would ever reach the point where Gudbranson would be suggested as the positive side of a cap dump, but I guess all things are possible.

Second, babysitting offensive D men is exactly what Gudbranson did well this year. Maybe keep Reilly and take on Gubberson. Jenner, Gubberson and a second for whichever of the core four falls furthest out of favor?
Congrats, that’s the new Ballard, Raymond and a second. You’re gonna need to pay the Canucks royalties now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, that’s the new Ballard, Raymond and a second. You’re gonna need to pay the Canucks royalties now.
As long as they get a cap recapture penalty and have to forfeit a pick.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fixed.

/It will be a very interesting off-season for Tre and company.
i would imagine quite a house clean will occur if they bow out tomorrow.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot to throw in Olivier as a sweetner.

You know, more of that playoff snarl.......

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would imagine quite a house clean will occur if they bow out tomorrow.

Yeah, I have to think Woll starts tomorrow and that Sammy has played his last game for the Leafs. Does Tre try to fix the goaltending by maybe making a play for Markstrom in the off-season?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to throw in Olivier as a sweetner.

You know, more of that playoff snarl.......
We're saving him as trade bait for when the league expands to Mississippi.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have to think Woll starts tomorrow and that Sammy has played his last game for the Leafs. Does Tre try to fix the goaltending by maybe making a play for Markstrom in the off-season?

No no no.

He is going to land Saros. For Marner. And both teams will be 20 points worse next year.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Leaf fans starting to lose it

Sid Sixiero had a bit of a hissy fit as well, swearing that he wouldn't even bother watching the next game.

"the peasants are revolting!"
*holds nose* "you're telling me!"