• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets seem to choke harder in the playoffs than the Leafs do. :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets seem to choke harder in the playoffs than the Leafs do. :D

I thought it was a strange reaction from the fans last night. I mean, if you lose a hard fought 7 game series. then I can see applauding the effort from the team as usually one good break/bad break can decide who advances and who goes home. That was a pretty dominating effort by the Avs and that series was not very close in the end.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a strange reaction from the fans last night. I mean, if you lose a hard fought 7 game series. then I can see applauding the effort from the team as usually one good break/bad break can decide who advances and who goes home. That was a pretty dominating effort by the Avs and that series was not very close in the end.
Honestly think they’re scared of losing the team at this point.

I’ve poked a lot of fun at the fawning in the media at Jets fans but I don’t blame them, they don’t really have the luxury of protesting. They had one bad year of season ticket sales and the billionaire owner basically had to beg people to buy them to stop him from moving them.

Also, the loonie plunged this week, GDP is grinding into a fine pepper and there’s no end in sight. Things might get worse even before considering the team might not ever be successful.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a pretty good summation BBB. I think you're bang on about the prospect of potentially losing the team. I think there's enough corporate dollars in Calgary combined with enough people moving there (with former BC people leading the way haha) that I think the Flames are safe for now. It's an expensive ticket though and there's plenty of competition for entertainment these days and as you mentioned, people are struggling to put food on the table and keep the lights on, paying big bucks to watch the local hockey team isn't high on the list of priorities.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve got to give Georgiev credit, he heard and took all the shit thrown his way after game 1 and played great the rest of the series. Yes the defense stepped up too but still after a SV% in the .600’s in game 1 to the following 4 games never dropping below .917 and 3 games above .930 is something else.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel bad for Jets fans, I've a bad feeling Canucks fans will be with them next in mourning