• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finals Game 3 Ref Stats

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even going to bother putting this in main forum. Frankly I know most of you do not want to hear about it. I understand that, personally I think it is a shame.

Unless people acknowledge an issue the issue will remain.

Foul calls and FTs are not the end all of an even game.

Green or Red is more than a 10% difference from baseline.

2 Side notes, their individual stats are included in the overall result and removing their records from the overall records would actually create a larger difference between the refs records and the teams records.

Other note is some of these games they could have reffed together such as Game 3 but that will have minimal impact on the over all trends being shown.

Watching the NBA Finals Just to See LeBron James Lose - Businessweek

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if Silver REALLY wants to put his stamp on the league, he'll do the opposite of Stern and FIX THE OFFICIATING.

It's the biggest elephant in the room and it does affect games. You can move a point spread on ONE call.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm rooting for Miami, but I know there's been at least 4 very late whistles on drives / shots at the rim in favor in SA getting the call.

Regardless who's playing......I hate late whistles in those situations.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if Silver REALLY wants to put his stamp on the league, he'll do the opposite of Stern and FIX THE OFFICIATING.

It's the biggest elephant in the room and it does affect games. You can move a point spread on ONE call.

The problem is the NBA is using officiating as a tool to make more money rather than to ensure the rules are enforced equally.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ Heat fans now having to face the bitter truth. The bitter truth is that the Spurs is the best team and now trying to blame the referees. Oldest excuse in the books

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we can ALL remember series being altered on horrible officiating.

Sacramento and Lakers......CLEARLY a fix was in.
Dallas and Miami the first time......CLEARLY a fix was in.

Silver really needs to address this. You can reasonably predict games based on WHO is reffing them, and that's never a good thing for any league.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Heat look DONE. the refs can't fix games THAT lopsided...:laugh3:

The Heat are done - we have been the voice of reason all season long, warning them that the Heat are not guaranteed a championship and could just as easily lose. They are still in denial

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we can ALL remember series being altered on horrible officiating.

Sacramento and Lakers......CLEARLY a fix was in.
Dallas and Miami the first time......CLEARLY a fix was in.

Silver really needs to address this. You can reasonably predict games based on WHO is reffing them, and that's never a good thing for any league.

All well and good but this is a smoke screen by the OP to avoid having to give the Spurs any credit for what they are doing to Miami these Finals.

If you have been following along, the OP has absolutely refused to give the Spurs any credit this entire post season and has done nothing but make excuses every single round the Spurs have advanced.

And this thread is just more of the same.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All well and good but this is a smoke screen by the OP to avoid having to give the Spurs any credit for what they are doing to Miami these Finals.

If you have been following along, the OP has absolutely refused to give the Spurs any credit this entire post season and has done nothing but make excuses every single round the Spurs have advanced.

The Heat only lose because of referees and fake HVAC issues. That's pretty much been his MO for a long time now. The Heat opponent never gets credit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess they can blame the air conditioning system for one lost, but the last time I checked - only women have cramps at a certain time each month:lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ratings go down with Heat wins, it is a little sketchy. Especially since the Heat are getting blown out of the water and looks like they don't care.

I have thought this for some time, the NBA is set up. It is one of the easiest sports to set up.

I don't want to believe it though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ratings go down with Heat wins, it is a little sketchy. Especially since the Heat are getting blown out of the water and looks like they don't care.

I have thought this for some time, the NBA is set up. It is one of the easiest sports to set up.

I don't want to believe it though.

It's funny to hear all of the Heat fans and others claiming to a fan of a different team bragging all summer long about Lebron being the best player ever in the NBA, better than Michael Jordan and how wonderful they think Miami is suddenly when the Heat's dominance comes to an end - suddenly the refs are crooked, the NBA is set up and all kinds of crap.

I think most of you have forgotten that the Lakers dominance ended just as quickly at the hands of the Detroit Pistons and then again in 2011 after two titles back to back. Is it really that hard to accept the fact that the Spurs are just that good? I think the Spurs deserves better respect from the real NBA fans. All of this NBA being set up is crap by a pitiful bunch of losers that should be ashamed to call themselves NBA fans

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat only lose because of referees and fake HVAC issues. That's pretty much been his MO for a long time now. The Heat opponent never gets credit.

Quite frankly - I am tired of the bitching and whining by those pretending to be Heat fans and by those pretending to be NBA fans. A real fan would admit the truth and the truth is the Spurs is better than the Heat flat out. It is not an accident that the Spurs are 3-1 and had the Spurs not missed those four free throws, this series could easily have been over already with a sweep.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to hear all of the Heat fans and others claiming to a fan of a different team bragging all summer long about Lebron being the best player ever in the NBA, better than Michael Jordan and how wonderful they think Miami is suddenly when the Heat's dominance comes to an end - suddenly the refs are crooked, the NBA is set up and all kinds of crap.

I think most of you have forgotten that the Lakers dominance ended just as quickly at the hands of the Detroit Pistons and then again in 2011 after two titles back to back. Is it really that hard to accept the fact that the Spurs are just that good? I think the Spurs deserves better respect from the real NBA fans. All of this NBA being set up is crap by a pitiful bunch of losers that should be ashamed to call themselves NBA fans

You know who put those Pistons in the dumpster for good. Lebron, that historical game. Detroit never did recover from that.

If Lebron loses his 3rd time in the Finals, two will be Duncan and one to Dirk. Two tough players. Bird lost twice in the Finals, Magic four times. It doesn't hurt his legacy at all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who put those Pistons in the dumpster for good. Lebron, that historical game. Detroit never did recover from that.

If Lebron loses his 3rd time in the Finals, two will be Duncan and one to Dirk. Two tough players. Bird lost twice in the Finals, Magic four times. It doesn't hurt his legacy at all.

Lebron's legacy after this week in the finals is going to be 2 wins and 3 losses, Michael Jordan's legacy is 6 wns and zero losses in the finals. The last time I checked - 6 is bigger and better than two. Lebron is a good player, but he is no Michael Jordan and is not as good as Jerry West, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Jabaar and the others.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't expect the Heat to fall apart and get beat in the finals this year and it was a real shock to see the Heat get an ass whipping that hard, but I sure love it and I love what it does to Lebron's legacy(being a quitter and all)

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime I hear the 'nba is fixed and wants X team to win' it just shows how stupid you are. Especially in this series... the NBA would make a truck load of more money for the Heat to win than to have the Spurs win. Spurs are still a small/medium market at best. Between the ages of 8-18 I would bet more youth know the heat players than the spurs.

There are still people who call the Spurs 'old, slow, boring' when they are actually younger than the Heat, faster offense, and actually have a fair amount of athletic players/plays as well.

There may be bad calls, very bad calls, and sometimes bad overall games by the officials; but you kid yourself if you think any other sport is different. It's not like we can trust the players to play with the honor system, because they never commit a foul in their eyes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a whole lot of :tinfoil3: up in this here thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th