• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Mock Draft- 2022- NO TRADES EDITION.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like bitching about Lions draft picks in general and not all of them.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hhhmmmm. How much time do you have to read one of my normal TL: DR?

I'm 66 years old, and the much older, grumpier version of @RobBase. That's the short of it. Everything Lions sucks in my life.
My dad was born in 1950 and statted following the Lions at around 8-10 years old. I was born in 79 and started getting interested in football at the 1989 draft. My dad is a big Sparty slappy and wanted to see where Tony Mandarich would go. We still try and watch at least 5-6 Lions games together every year plus the draft, but have seen the same number of playoff wins despite his 30 year head start. The Lions have always sucked and always will suck. At least we got Barry and Calvin.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was born in 1950 and statted following the Lions at around 8-10 years old. I was born in 79 and started getting interested in football at the 1989 draft. My dad is a big Sparty slappy and wanted to see where Tony Mandarich would go. We still try and watch at least 5-6 Lions games together every year plus the draft, but have seen the same number of playoff wins despite his 30 year head start. The Lions have always sucked and always will suck. At least we got Barry and Calvin.

Damn man, I really wasn't wanting to feel worse "about myself".
Mission accomplished though. LOL
I had to go listen to games on WJR a.m. radio. It wasn't until 1968 that I got to watch my first Lions games on tv.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man, I feel better about the Jameson pick already but not in totality. Not doing the following saved us 20M per year, at a minimum. This non-move I'm thankful for as I'd much rather be forced to accept the cheaper WR even though he can't walk according to @Old Lion :dhd:

It’s a moot point now that Jameson Williams is in the den, but the Detroit Lions did indeed try and upgrade the receiving corps by making a trade offer to the San Francisco 49ers for All-Pro Deebo Samuel. NFL insider Ian Rapoport confirmed those rumors in an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show.

Samuel has demanded a trade from the 49ers, but the team is sticking to its guns and not even considering offers for him. They didn’t even listen to offers from the Lions and the New York Jets, according to Rapoport.

After Rapoport details the Jets offer (No. 10 overall and a pick swap), he adds this about the Lions interest in Samuel,

“The Lions had an offer on the table,” Rapoport said. “The Lions ended up moving up for Jameson Williams so they got their guy … the 49ers just wouldn’t engage.”

Rapoport did not say any specifics on what the Lions offer was to acquire Samuel.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non-move to acquire Willis is proof that Goff is Holmes' guy until he proves otherwise. We all have our opinions on Goff no matter how much they vary, but Holmes has clearly spoken for 2022.

I am not going to bitch about it too much. It is very arguable that the Lions got not only the best defensive player in this draft but also the best offensive one as well. This guy has legitimate speed.

Just not a fan of buying a corvette with a flat tire.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnson raved about how Williams will positively impact the Detroit offense.

“We talked about it in the springtime (at the combine), finding somebody on the outside that will dictate coverage, and shoot, I think he checks that box 100 percent,” Johnson said energetically. “I think teams, when he gets healthy, they will realize where he is at on the field, and that’s what we’re excited about because that’s going to do nothing but open up our run game and the opportunity for all of our other skill players. This is a guy that can stretch the field deep without any, any sweat. He is electric, he’s got juice. Once he gets healthy, we’re going to have something to cook with. It’ll be fun.”

Johnson also laid out how diversely he plans to use Williams and his game-breaking speed in the offense.

“Yeah, he can, primarily on the outside, but I do know this, whenever you get speed on the inside, it does create a lot of issues for defenses,” Johnson said. “So, we’re going to move him around. We’ll take advantage of the defense however we see fit that week.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to bitch about it too much.

This guy has legitimate speed.

I love the player that Jameson is and what he brings to the table. He's a special teams ace too. I tried to find gif of his laying dudes out that were easily 20-30 pounds heavier than he is. That's the part where I become queasy. He's tough as nails as was Devonta Smith

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions No. 12 pick WR Jameson Williams (ACL) said he expects to be ready for training camp.​

Williams tore his ACL in the National Championship, which took place in January. Being ready for training camp would be a quick recovery, though it's a realistic timetable if everything goes well. The injury was expected to impact his rookie season, even if it doesn't directly cost him time. A return for training camp would leave his first NFL offseason mostly unscathed. If that is the case, he should be able to step into an immediate role as the Lions' primary field-stretcher and a high-impact playmaker. Williams' recovery will be monitored closely once training camp kicks off. Williams is the Suh of this years WR class.
SOURCE: Chris Burke on Twitter
Apr 29, 2022, 5:31 PM ET

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he takes a trip on top of the wing of a broken down, single engine airplane with DeAndre Levy and soon.

Levy is standing on top of airplanes and the lions are like " I got an idea, let's give this dude a fuck ton of money"

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Brad keeps tooting that “Playmakers” horn. KW3 is a playmaker.

No Doubt. Give Goff every toy possible to see if he can succeed.
Seriously though, I love some KW3.... but................
Don't get me started.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the chances of us getting Malik Willis at #46? lol That would be bad ass.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that Muma kid at #46. Why not? Better than the trash we have already roaming the middle of the field.

By guessing only, I won't doubt if Holmes drafts the LSU LB Damone Clark who just had spinal fusion neck hernia surgery.