• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Mock Draft- 2022- NO TRADES EDITION.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Pitre drafted using that No.46 slot or somewhere around that area. If not Pitre then Brisker would be my 2nd choice.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also available day 2

Quarterback​

1. Malik Willis
2. Matt Corral
3. Desmond Ridder
4. Sam Howell

Best of the rest​

EDGE David Ojabo
LB/EDGE Boye Mafe
EDGE Arnold Ebiketie
EDGE Nik Bonitto
EDGE Josh Paschal
DL Logan Hall
DL Travis Jones
WR Christian Watson
WR George Pickens
RB Kenneth Walker III
RB Breece Hall
TE Trey McBride
TE Jeremy Ruckert
CB Andrew Booth
CB Roger McCreary
CB Kyler Gordon
CB Cam Taylor-Britt

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions by Lions players and fans alike regarding J Will being drafted.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:12 for being the 12th overall pick and pissing off a Bears Fan

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ACL injury curbs the instant enthusiasm a little. Williams almost certainly won’t be ready for Week 1, though updates on his recovery place him back on the field potentially by October. The Lions would be smart to not rush him back, but it’s a very exciting addition to the offense.

One of the goals for the Lions in 2022 is to determine if Jared Goff is the long-term quarterback or not. Adding Williams to a mix that already features Amon-Ra St. Brown, T.J. Hockenson, Josh Reynolds, a very good offensive line and a strong run game addresses this question. If Goff can’t thrive with that, he’s not the answer.

That is one reason to really love the move from a Detroit standpoint–it allows the Lions to truly know what they’ve got in Goff. And if he’s not the answer, the team is loaded and ready for his successor.

BB_72: the above is pretty much how @Edonidd was breaking down the acquisition of J Will. I still don't like the capitol it cost Holmes, but I like Williams a lot.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy, Nakobe Dean, was right there for us!

Damn that trade!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion should be chiming in here pretty soon stating, "We need to draft LB Chad Muma as LB is our weakest position group while hoping one of the safeties drop to No.97 - preferably his choice of Kerby Joseph". Afterall, we have DeShon Elliott.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having watched Jameson this past year, I have no doubt he has displayed toughness and competitiveness to excel. He's a hammer on ST and numerous times put the hurt on an opponent and against SEC players. He's fearless and that it worrisome to watch at times.

Hey Blue. How would you compare him with DeVonta Smith? Is he at or near his level as a route-runner/pass catcher?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jayfan

He's still available and the medical reports out on him with knee tendonitis, repaired shoulder labrum and tearing around the knee exist. Add in he's 5'11" and 229 - similar to LaVonte David as well as Dean's playstyle - is probably why he has dropped. LaVonte David was also 2nd round pick at No.58 overall.

If that helps you?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blue. How would you compare him with DeVonta Smith? Is he at or near his level as a route-runner/pass catcher?

I would give the nod to Smith in route-running ability as he had more experience in snaps, games and starts, but I would definitely lean more to J Will's explosive burst to separate with Smith not too far behind. Smith had better concentration hauling in catches, however, both are extremely tough and highly competitive at the catch point.

I do believe that both can have problems will very physical CB who will operate in press-man.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brett Sobleski, Bleacher Report

"Williams tilts the field unlike any other wide receiver prospect in the class. His aforementioned speed affects everything offensively and how opposing defenses must account for him at all times," he wrote.

"The Lions may have to wait a little while before their new WR1 gets onto the field. Totally worth it."

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ACL injury curbs the instant enthusiasm a little. Williams almost certainly won’t be ready for Week 1, though updates on his recovery place him back on the field potentially by October. The Lions would be smart to not rush him back, but it’s a very exciting addition to the offense.

One of the goals for the Lions in 2022 is to determine if Jared Goff is the long-term quarterback or not. Adding Williams to a mix that already features Amon-Ra St. Brown, T.J. Hockenson, Josh Reynolds, a very good offensive line and a strong run game addresses this question. If Goff can’t thrive with that, he’s not the answer.

That is one reason to really love the move from a Detroit standpoint–it allows the Lions to truly know what they’ve got in Goff. And if he’s not the answer, the team is loaded and ready for his successor.

BB_72: the above is pretty much how @Edonidd was breaking down the acquisition of J Will. I still don't like the capitol it cost Holmes, but I like Williams a lot.
I know it sucks to give up anything that you 'counted on having. But how can you be mad about this trade capital?

We gave up a third rounder and moved down 12 spots in the second to move up 20!!! spots in the first. Pick 32 cleans up leftovers. It's a clear third tier of players. Williams was a clear tier or two above that.

Philly traded a fourth and 2 sixth round picks in order to move up 2 spots.
NO gave up a third and a fourth to move up 5 spots into the same range as us.
KC gave up a third and fourth to move up 8 spots and didn't even get up into that higher tier of prospects.

Usually you have to pay extra to trade with a division rival, we seem to have gotten a discount compared to what other trades ended up being.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion should be chiming in here pretty soon stating, "We need to draft LB Chad Muma as LB is our weakest position group while hoping one of the safeties drop to No.97 - preferably his choice of Kerby Joseph". Afterall, we have DeShon Elliott.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brett Sobleski, Bleacher Report

"Williams tilts the field unlike any other wide receiver prospect in the class. His aforementioned speed affects everything offensively and how opposing defenses must account for him at all times," he wrote.

"The Lions may have to wait a little while before their new WR1 gets onto the field. Totally worth it."
If he ever walks again he will be great. I dont like gambling on 1st round picks.

We could have stood pat and traded 32 to another team and still got Pickens with 34 and had more picks for Defense.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sucks to give up anything that you 'counted on having. But how can you be mad about this trade capital?

We gave up a third rounder and moved down 12 spots in the second to move up 20!!! spots in the first. Pick 32 cleans up leftovers. It's a clear third tier of players. Williams was a clear tier or two above that.

Philly traded a fourth and 2 sixth round picks in order to move up 2 spots.
NO gave up a third and a fourth to move up 5 spots into the same range as us.
KC gave up a third and fourth to move up 8 spots and didn't even get up into that higher tier of prospects.

Usually you have to pay extra to trade with a division rival, we seem to have gotten a discount compared to what other trades ended up being.
Based on value we robbed the Vikings, based on how many spots we have to fill it is still not worth it imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hhhmmmm. How much time do you have to read one of my normal TL: DR?

I'm 66 years old, and the much older, grumpier version of @RobBase. That's the short of it. Everything Lions sucks in my life.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ever walks again, he will be great. I don't like gambling on 1st round picks.

We could have stood pat and traded 32 to another team and still got Pickens with 34 and had more picks for Defense.

Yesss, but we got Jameson, Mr. Miyagi-son.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll just go crawl back into my shell and re-visit the days of Greg Landry, Bill Munson, Altie Taylor, Dexter Bussey, Charlie Sanders, Dick Jauron and Lem Barney.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ever walks again he will be great. I dont like gambling on 1st round picks.

Sorry man, but even Minnesota didn't trade out of No.32 and quite possibly because They Drafted A Fricking Starting Safety.

Maybe if Holmes had kept that pick that possibility might have existed, but we'll never know.

ACL recoveries aren't all that bad, but damn sure some can be career ending. I don't believe that's the case here.

I'm mostly bitching because Goff had enough shiny baubles to work with already, imo.

The defense as a whole is a sieve that could've and should've been fixed first and foremost as there'll be offensive weapons they can acquire next year.