• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Final 19 Games Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian D Furness

@IanKJRFOX
·
1h
The #Mariners did not allow for it to be carried live. Their call. Not sure why you wouldn’t want to but we asked. Should point out, we can carry every #Seahawks
Seattle_Seahawks_2023.png
presser live. Same with #SeaKraken Baseball team said no. I thought maybe they would let their flagship radio carry. twitter.com/wbnc2/status/1…

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
18m

Jerry Dipoto on if he regrets not adding more talent to the Mariners' roster last offseason:"It was a fail. And sure, I regret it. I wish I could go back and do it over again. All you can do is just fix things as you move forward."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
18m

Jerry Dipoto on Cal Raleigh's comments from the weekend:"His opinions are his own and I don't begrudge anybody the ability to share their opinions. He should. I don't know that the solution to our problems is [adding] big-name players, and I'm not sure we have big problems."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
16m

Mariners GM Justin Hollander on the team's payroll status heading into the offseason:"I think we have plenty of resources, both player resources [as] avenues to trade for players. And I think we have plenty of financial resources to build a championship-level club."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alyssa Charlston

@Alyssacharlston
·
58m

Jerry Dipoto (1/2) on the window he set up 4 years ago: “We’re in it. When we talk about sustainability, it’s not a year-long exercise. More big picture thought. We’re looking at a 6-year roster projection.

(2/2)If you look at the teams that achieve…the teams that win 54% of the time (over a long period) always end up on postseason, and more often than not, they end up in the World Series…We’re looking to sustain this over decades.” -
@shannondrayer
question

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"DIPOTO: This season, as much as it was disappointing in the end, was a step forward for us. Sustainable roster, competing for championships year in and year out. Forward steps for our young players. Our challenge as a front office is to find a way to step forward."

LMAO. That's the full text of the tweet that Cloud just mentioned.

So he said failing to make the postseason is actually a step forward for competing for championships.

And then he said it's challenging for the front office to find a way to step forward.

Seems like these morons can find a way to spin any result a step forward to me.
I agree..with.this.in a way..of.
You have to know .were you are..

To know where.you are.going...mostly..
My sister always got .away .with.it.

I still don't understand it ...
Loolollool

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were still back in 2011 when we only had 3 div winners and 1 wildcard, would these same comments fly with the public? It's easier to make the postseason than it has ever been in the history of MLB. if we're not making the post season regularly how are we going to win a WS when it can very easily take 2 trips or more to actually win the whole ball of wax. i'm not seeing anything NEAR "sustainability" from this org if the goal really is a championship. i think jerry actually believes what he's saying.

Meanwhile, the Rangers only need to beef up their bullpen next year. Everything else is pretty much set for them to make the post season a regular occurrence for years to come. What will our "improvements" look like in less than 6 months?

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All.those.sound.good..
I know.they known where they need.to
Go..with the roster..
So .just waiting..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian D Furness

@IanKJRFOX
·
1h
The #Mariners did not allow for it to be carried live. Their call. Not sure why you wouldn’t want to but we asked. Should point out, we can carry every #Seahawks
Seattle_Seahawks_2023.png
presser live. Same with #SeaKraken Baseball team said no. I thought maybe they would let their flagship radio carry. twitter.com/wbnc2/status/1…
Evidently there is a MLB rule that they couldn’t stream during a playoff game. Not sure if that is 100% accurate but either way it is pure bush league. A. Doing when it couldn’t be streamed and B. Stanton wasn’t there.

And if any Mariners fan can listen to Jerry’s words and think he is the right guy I’d like to hear why? He is a condescending prick when he talks and talks like he knows more about the sport than any man alive. We all may be on a message board but we only have 2 less playoffs wins than 12 year senior executive. Someone can like his vision, but sometimes the messenger is just as important as the message.

Jerry made me sympathetic towards Stanton not spending money. When asked about spending money or whatever he said the Mariners have 3 top 50 contracts (or something like that). Well all 3 did nothing to get them into the playoffs. Ray didn’t pitch at all, Castillo choked in the biggest start of his career and Julio started his offseason on September 1st.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were still back in 2011 when we only had 3 div winners and 1 wildcard, would these same comments fly with the public? It's easier to make the postseason than it has ever been in the history of MLB. if we're not making the post season regularly how are we going to win a WS when it can very easily take 2 trips or more to actually win the whole ball of wax. i'm not seeing anything NEAR "sustainability" from this org if the goal really is a championship. i think jerry actually believes what he's saying.

Meanwhile, the Rangers only need to beef up their bullpen next year. Everything else is pretty much set for them to make the post season a regular occurrence for years to come. What will our "improvements" look like in less than 6 months?
To defend and slam Jerry at the same time. He is right with the whole sustainability part, and he actually did that. But problem is Kyle Lewis and Evan White got hurt and he is still pretending he has them with his plan. That is Jerry and his whole analytic staff’s problem. Jerry can deviate from his plan even though a monkey wrench got throw into it, and analytic staff says they have lineup against lefties even when in the most important game of the year they still put Haggerty at DH.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"DIPOTO: This season, as much as it was disappointing in the end, was a step forward for us. Sustainable roster, competing for championships year in and year out. Forward steps for our young players. Our challenge as a front office is to find a way to step forward."

LMAO. That's the full text of the tweet that Cloud just mentioned.

So he said failing to make the postseason is actually a step forward for competing for championships.

And then he said it's challenging for the front office to find a way to step forward.

Seems like these morons can find a way to spin any result a step forward to me.
Shades of Howard Lincoln when it comes to giving everybody the run-around:
MarinersShipwrecked.png

Basically, trying to sound like they're hyping things for the future, when they're actually just gonna wallow in bullshit.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1crawford..ss..L/L
4Julio....CF...280
6 kelenic
7raliegh...cat switch. 230.ave
8.rojas....3b.L/L...272.ave.
9.haggerty ..253.ave..

10.murphy...
11.Cabalero.
12.canzone..dh/LF.
13france....1b/3b..

Ammad Rosario..although..a risp..20.
263..ave 6 hrs.134 hits 58rbis.ss/2b
At bats over 500

Indea. 244bave..17 hrs.hits 111..
454 at bats .2b/3b..61.rbis..
I just think.he is the better choice
Around 454..at bats..

Mariners need a 2b/3b..
And I like he hits .17 or 20.hrs.
Next year will be his 4th year.
Rbis..are..better.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lourdes gurriel jr..261ave..24 hrs.82 rbis.144.hits
103 strike outs..
551 at bats

Hernandez...at bat .625..258 bat ave
hits..161.
.26 hrs.
93 rbis.
211 strike outs.

Eloy Jimenez..456.at bats 124 hits.18hrs..64 rbis..272 bat ave.
93vstrike outs..
Risp.20

These guys are all..real .similar..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jedi is right..I think..there are not.as many..holes to fill..
I count 4..but .it's an opinion..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell and Garcia.or Santana .the ones.
I have not put.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say..
Indea .
Rojas .
Caballaro..
I think .indea..has the more..3b profile..
But i.don't care who playes where.

All.are 2b/3b

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic though, if Castillo, Miller and Woo played up to their potential they would’ve made the playoffs. They had DH and 2B as the 2 glaring holes to start the season and finished with 3, DH, 2B and closer

I disagree in half this assessment I think Castillo met his expectations and Woo and Miller if anything exceeded. Both Miller and Woo were drafted in the 4th and 6th round respectively neither of which were top 100 prospects I think at best those type of players at just depth at AAA or to come in at long relief. Kolten Wong was a very good player it unfortuantely didnt pan out the way it should have with him. I do agree that the DH position was a huge head scratcher. I am only assuming they had someone in mind to acquire but it never manifested so they signed AJ Polluck and Tommy LaSorta which were terrible.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for patience when your team never made it to the WS is quite infuriating. And how they’re “doing the fanbase a favor.” — the arrogance the absurdity. I want to break something! Dumb and dumber presser pissed me off so much.

And mf’er Servais went out there and said they are as good as the Astros and Rangers with exception of couple games. Like wtf kinda bullshit is this? BE BETTER THAN THEM asshat.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree in half this assessment I think Castillo met his expectations and Woo and Miller if anything exceeded. Both Miller and Woo were drafted in the 4th and 6th round respectively neither of which were top 100 prospects I think at best those type of players at just depth at AAA or to come in at long relief. Kolten Wong was a very good player it unfortuantely didnt pan out the way it should have with him. I do agree that the DH position was a huge head scratcher. I am only assuming they had someone in mind to acquire but it never manifested so they signed AJ Polluck and Tommy LaSorta which were terrible.
If Castillo met his expectations then he doesn’t deserve his salary. Bryce Miller was the number 2 prospect in the Mariners system this year and Woo was top 10. All I was saying is if you are trying to use the excuse of a dude who has had 100 good games as a pro, an aging 3B who was a toss in piece in a trade at a 23 year old who hadn’t done anything you can use the same for Castillo, Miller and Woo. France has regressed badly since he made his all star team and Geno has had one good month as a Mariner to get his BA respectable. My point was you can’t build a roster of hopefully everything goes right.