• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix is auditioning today for his Opening Day start next week ...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal IMO. Felix always seems to elevate himself when there's additional fanfare, so maybe getting out there Opening Day will give him a little boost. Plus that gives us Paxton vs Cleveland's #2, which is a better matchup.

Complete non-story

That is my feeling. For some dumb reason they have an off day. Worst that can happen is Felix struggles and he gets pulled. The pen will get plenty of rest with an off day then Paxton then Leake starting.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember saying how there would be a bunch of Kings Court opening day tickets suddenly appear ?

well here thet are: both lower sec 149 150 and upper 300 lvl

about 400 tickets or more mysteriously appeared for sale today !

hahahaha

4v5iC

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while pitching can keep the score down..he offence does not seem ready..with cruz ,healy, and haniger seemingly not ready..and gamel is out for now
vogey,zunino,seager, segura, and cano do seem ready

it takes both..and cleveland will not care ..except to take advatage

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while pitching can keep the score down..he offence does not seem ready..with cruz ,healy, and haniger seemingly not ready..and gamel is out for now
vogey,zunino,seager, segura, and cano do seem ready

it takes both..and cleveland will not care ..except to take advatage

I'm optimistic about the offense. Spring training statistics aside.

In aggregate I think that the Mariners will have a top 10 MLB lineup, with a bottom 10 pitching staff.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic about the offense. Spring training statistics aside.

In aggregate I think that the Mariners will have a top 10 MLB lineup, with a bottom 10 pitching staff.

health ..really is the issue seattle"s pitching staff..and depth is the cure
so...so far we have only ramirez out for a short time...and miranda a possible to step in till he comes back.
with an improved whalen, moore, and a kuma(maybe in july).so i would say..that it is not bottom 10
but it is a possible top 10...if they can stay healthy ,and some tacoma guys step up....so roll the dice...lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that said..if gonzales has a good year the the mariners have a classic mlb rotation..with some depth
ace............. ..........felix
top lhp................../paxton
top #3 guy..............leake/or kuma..when or if back
up and coming LHp...gonzales/miranda
#5 two seem fast ball guy....ramirez/with moore or miranda as fill in

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
health ..really is the issue seattle"s pitching staff..and depth is the cure
so...so far we have only ramirez out for a short time...and miranda a possible to step in till he comes back.
with an improved whalen, moore, and a kuma(maybe in july).so i would say..that it is not bottom 10
but it is a possible top 10...if they can stay healthy ,and some tacoma guys step up....so roll the dice...lol

If I had to place a wager today with what I see on our roster and Tacoma ... I roll with bottom 10 MLB finish for pitching by the M's

factoring in the maybe's and what ifs as far as health - performance etc etc ...

I agree with seahawksfan234 us being a top 10 hitting club and the equalizer is our lackluster bottom tier pitching staff.

Anything is possible and the Ms staff could have a lights out fantastic year. Iwakuma could be come back player of the year and Cy Young goes to Paxton and so on and so on ...

But my money is on the same ole same ole ... Felix and Paxton health struggles, Iwakuma faces more set backs on his road to recovery. Moore gets shelled again whenever he gets called up.

Miranda and Ramirez are each competant #5s in a rotation and can deliver the occasional great start and look the part of a MLB pitcher ( which they are ) but neither is refined and has the tangibles to deliver those outings on a regular basis. hence the #5 status of each

In regards to Felix being an ace ?

Not going to happen this season or ever.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Felix is on a lower pitch count than normal, it makes sense to put him out there with the day off on Friday. That way if the pen has to work a little more than usual, then they will get a day of rest before game 2. It makes a lot of sense to me.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Felix is on a lower pitch count than normal, it makes sense to put him out there with the day off on Friday. That way if the pen has to work a little more than usual, then they will get a day of rest before game 2. It makes a lot of sense to me.

The club has 4 off days in the 1st 2 weeks of the season. Plenty of rest for everyone

Felix pitched Saturday and only threw 45 pitches before getting the hook

Paxton pitched Sunday and threw close to 85 I think. As did all other legit starters final ST tune up game.

Felix has yet to look really sharp and he is facing a strong line up in the Tribe. We are going to get a look at our bullpen early on in this one for sure.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The club has 4 off days in the 1st 2 weeks of the season. Plenty of rest for everyone

Felix pitched Saturday and only threw 45 pitches before getting the hook

Paxton pitched Sunday and threw close to 85 I think. As did all other legit starters final ST tune up game.

Felix has yet to look really sharp and he is facing a strong line up in the Tribe. We are going to get a look at our bullpen early on in this one for sure.
There is no day off between game 2 and 3. If you put Felix out there in game 2 instead of Thursday and have to go to the bullpen early, you'll have less arms available the next day than if you would with a day off in between.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my money is on the same ole same ole ... Felix and Paxton health struggles, Iwakuma faces more set backs on his road to recovery. Moore gets shelled again whenever he gets called up

and that would be good money ..and safe money.......as it was for the cubs...until it was not.....lolol

true story though i am hoping for the best..as i think we all are

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Felix can get through 6IP with minimal damaged done against the Tribe, I call it a miracle.