• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix is auditioning today for his Opening Day start next week ...

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix takes the bump today for his final spring start ( only had a few due to injury )... he is trying to impress Servais enough to get the rock handed to him next Thursday at the Safe.

The King is boasting a robust 6.75 ERA coming into tonites start vs the Chicago Cubs. No lineups posted so unknown if he is facing legit MLB line up or prospects getting some more AB's

I personally think its the end of an era for the King. Our best bet at beating the Tribe and Kluber on Opening nite is having James Paxton on the hill of thrills.

Yea, it snaps Felix's long streak of Opening Day starts .... but its about WINNING games. Not catering to someones feelz.

I hope he has a good outing as the club needs him contributing throughout the season. I also hope Dipoto and Scott Servais see that Paxton is clearly the more dominant pitcher and best option at beating Kluber and the Indians next Thurs nite

curious everyones elses thoughts on this .... ?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed totally. The king's reign is, and has been over! I was hoping the paxman would start Thursday. But hold on though....all is not lost, Servais is raving about Kuma coming back as a "secret weapon" midseason. How about them apples?? What a crock of dog poo. Oh well, that's how the old ball bounces I guess.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed totally. The king's reign is, and has been over! I was hoping the paxman would start Thursday. But hold on though....all is not lost, Servais is raving about Kuma coming back as a "secret weapon" midseason. How about them apples?? What a crock of dog poo. Oh well, that's how the old ball bounces I guess.

Hi Duders !

Imagine that ... running into you here ! BIG shout out to NWinAZ for dropping this site on us the other day MLB mariners chat forum

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Duders !

Imagine that ... running into you here ! BIG shout out to NWinAZ for dropping this site on us the other day MLB mariners chat forum
Right back at ya MBF- This site walks all over the MLB forum. Yep, a BIG thank you to NWinAZ for showing the light. Hope a couple others find this place I know they'd like it. Good intelligence on here and similar attitudes about the franchise, ownership, management etc.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal. If Felix wants it that bad and Paxton doesn't care - I don't care if he gets the start opening day. The rotation will work itself out through the season - so it isn't like it means that he's truly the ace. It really won't make a difference to the whole season -

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal. If Felix wants it that bad and Paxton doesn't care - I don't care if he gets the start opening day. The rotation will work itself out through the season - so it isn't like it means that he's truly the ace. It really won't make a difference to the whole season -

Yea I get that math ... its 1 single game out of 162

But it's Opening Night at home to kick off the season vs the AL team with the best record ( 100+ wins last season ) and their recent Cy Young ace Corey Kluber

You gotta march the guy out to the bump that gives you the best chance to win the game. that is Paxton

Felix is not having a good game tonite vs the Cubbies. That 2nd inning double play with 2 on and nobody out saved his ass big time

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's Opening Night at home to kick off the season vs the AL team with the best record ( 100+ wins last season ) and their recent Cy Young ace Corey Kluber

You gotta march the guy out to the bump that gives you the best chance to win the game. that is Paxton

Felix is not having a good game tonite vs the Cubbies. That 2nd inning double play with 2 on and nobody out saved his ass big time
Ya know, I was hoping the paxman would be on the hill opening night but Felix had a half ways decent outing(better than I thought he would) tonight and he'll be opening once again. The fans (kings court) will be super pumped up right along with Felix and I just hope he has a good outing. It's kinda too bad Felix didn't have more time in ST but it is what it is and it's just not that big of a deal to get worked up over.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand. Statistically, there's a good chance we don't win even with Paxton on the mound, for all the reasons you just mentioned. Actually, I'd say Felix/Kluber then Paxton/Carrasco is a better chance at being 1-1 than Paxton/Kluber then Felix/Carrasco (or whoever Cleveland sends out there).

The only concern I have with Paxton not starting 3/29 is that he won't be available to start 4/3 (game 4). Usually, having your ace pitching twice in your first 4 games is a great way to get your team up and running for the season, and with off days on the 30th and 2nd, he'd be able to pitch on full rest. Unfortunately, with Paxton not once topping 140 innings in his 5 years, I'm actually ok with not having to worry about whether he's pitching too frequently early on and he can pitch 3/31 and 4/4, which is still twice in the first 5 - if Servais will actually do that anyway.

Interesting side note (at least to me), Felix hasn't faced Cleveland since before the trade deadline in 2014 (July 30).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how screwed up the schedule is the opening day starter is really just a novelty. To me just let Felix have it. If the offense is as good as advertised then Saturday's game should be an automatic win with Paxton throwing as opposed to a 50/50 with him starting against Kluber.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners are all about the warm and fuzzies, not actually winning the games. Felix will end up with the start and the warm and fuzzies will be aplenty on opening night.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners are all about the warm and fuzzies, not actually winning the games. Felix will end up with the start and the warm and fuzzies will be aplenty on opening night.
Yep....so true

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they trying to make it look like Felix still may not be the starter?

He’s clearly getting the nod, now move on media!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are forcing this Felix thing... its so stupid. Why try make this such a big deal?

All hype and Mariners.com hidden agenda

They can sell all the unsold seats in sec 149-150 for double as Kings court seats once they anoint Felix with the opening day nod

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are forcing this Felix thing... its so stupid. Why try make this such a big deal?

It’s opening day for f***’s sake! Creating this nonsense around Felix is totally unnecessary. We know what this season will probably end up bringing, but for now I’m no more or less excited for opening day whether Felix or Freddy Garcia is on the mound.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal IMO. Felix always seems to elevate himself when there's additional fanfare, so maybe getting out there Opening Day will give him a little boost. Plus that gives us Paxton vs Cleveland's #2, which is a better matchup.

Complete non-story