• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: FDU @ AZ

SinisterCat

Sinister Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, only beat the spread by 13 points. 50 point win is too close for comfort. They should of won by at least 80! :nod:

Seriously though, I know this is not the best measuring stick, but the Cats are scary good this year. Gives me chills. McConnell's puts the PG back in PGU. With him running the floor, combined with the team that surrounds him these kids have me very excited.

Getting ahead of myself, I see no reason why the Cats shouldn't enter Pac play with no more than two losses. Perhaps undefeated like last year. WE can take both Duke, and Michigan. :suds:

Of course next up is Rhode Island. Fun Fact - Rhode Island is not actually an island, though there are several islands within its border. I know, Not basketball relevant, but neither are the Rams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course next up is Rhode Island. Fun Fact - Rhode Island is not actually an island, though there are several islands within its border. I know, Not basketball relevant, but neither are the Rams.

Fun Fact: Rhode Island has twice as many NCAA tournament victories as San Diego State.

Funner Fact: Their first year head coach is Bobby Hurley's little brother...

SinisterCat

Sinister Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact: Rhode Island has twice as many NCAA tournament victories as San Diego State.

Funner Fact: Their first year head coach is Bobby Hurley's little brother...

The pride of St Benedicts Prep himself. Not taking anything away from the man. He built a powerhouse HS program, which will undoubtedly be a game time story line. Looking over the match-ups I can't for see any significant threat. It wont be a 50 point win, but it wont be a nail biter either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pride of St Benedicts Prep himself. Not taking anything away from the man. He built a powerhouse HS program, which will undoubtedly be a game time story line. Looking over the match-ups I can't for see any significant threat. It wont be a 50 point win, but it wont be a nail biter either.

Yeah, they are years away from being competitive, have been down for awhile. The spread could be 20+ and it certainly shouldn't be a nail biter by any means.

Because of the potential meeting with Dook, more interesting is the fact that Bobby Hurley is an assistant coach at URI for his younger brother. I called in the 1290 radio show earlier when they were talking about a potential Duke match-up in the finals... and told Corey Williams and co. to make sure they talked some trash to Bobby about the 2011 Sweet16 game.