• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fat Tire

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am familiar with the brewer. I was just wondering which of their beers you liked. Two Hearted is one of the finest IPAs out there...
It may be my favorite beer. Their Oberon is good, but TwoHearted is tops. (Oberon Day is a bit of a holiday in SW MI every spring.)

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone?
Been enjoying 12 packs for 14-16$ lately and seems to be available at most of my favorite haunts on tap, something good coming out of Colorado. Nice balanced hop to malt character, I like it a lot.

View attachment 7944

You're just now figuring this out? I remember taking ski trips out to Colorado and bringing back cases of Fat Tire with me because they did not distribute it in my state yet.

Welcome to the party. I also don't think that Fat Tire is New Belgium's best beer. My favorite is 1554. Give it a try sometime.

:suds:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like New Belgiums IPAs: Ranger, Accumulation, and some others I can't think of right now. Also, they are a lot cheaper here at Sam's club than $14, I think it's like $12 for a 12 pack.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just now figuring this out? I remember taking ski trips out to Colorado and bringing back cases of Fat Tire with me because they did not distribute it in my state yet.

Welcome to the party. I also don't think that Fat Tire is New Belgium's best beer. My favorite is 1554. Give it a try sometime.

1554 is pretty good stuff. Used to drink it often...

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new belgium tour is pretty awesome. They give you 6 beers while walking around from whatever is in production at that time. Fat tire is always running

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new belgium tour is pretty awesome. They give you 6 beers while walking around from whatever is in production at that time. Fat tire is always running

Play your cards right and do NB then O'dell then FTC Brewing all in the same day...unreal.

I know this is an old thread, but I had to add to.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old beer threads never go stale.

Play your cards right and do NB then O'dell then FTC Brewing all in the same day...unreal.

I know this is an old thread, but I had to add to.

Fat Tire's a good beer...won't go out of my way to get it though - with so many better beers at comparable prices (or cheaper - I just picked up 12-packs of Stella and Sweetwater 420 on sale for $11.95 each).

We summer in Michigan. imo, Bell's rules Michigan!...Two-Heart is tops; Oberon's right up there. And, if you like seasonal batched brews, get your paws on a bottle of HOPSLAM some day.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We summer in Michigan. imo, Bell's rules Michigan!...Two-Heart is tops; Oberon's right up there. And, if you like seasonal batched brews, get your paws on a bottle of HOPSLAM some day.

My buddy was lucky enough to find a six pack the other day and he gave me three. I had one last night and it was fucking delicious! As far as year round, Two-Hearted or Dogfish 60 Minute are my go to IPA's. Bell's and Dogfish are my two favorite brewers.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone?
Been enjoying 12 packs for 14-16$ lately and seems to be available at most of my favorite haunts on tap, something good coming out of Colorado. Nice balanced hop to malt character, I like it a lot.

View attachment 7944

It is my favorite "go to" taps... My starter or my finisher depending on what I'm drinking. Very easy, very smooth, very drinkable beer. :10:

With New Belgium coming to town, we can find it everywhere on tap.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my favorite "go to" taps... My starter or my finisher depending on what I'm drinking. Very easy, very smooth, very drinkable beer. :10:

With New Belgium coming to town, we can find it everywhere on tap.

I know I'm biased toward any local brewer, but seriously NB is an awesome company. They promote sustainable living, their employee morale and it doesn't hurt that they produce some of the best tasting beers anywhere. My hope is that they stay true to their roots and keep things the way they are now (tough when you go larger scale like they are).

The last tour I took of the brewery I heard they were going to be going with new labels that were designed by a firm out in cali and doing away with the individual labels they have now. All these new labels look similar and NB figures the brand identity would help consumers "find" their beers on the shelves. I disagree and really like the small time individual labels they've been using for years.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm biased toward any local brewer, but seriously NB is an awesome company. They promote sustainable living, their employee morale and it doesn't hurt that they produce some of the best tasting beers anywhere. My hope is that they stay true to their roots and keep things the way they are now (tough when you go larger scale like they are).

The last tour I took of the brewery I heard they were going to be going with new labels that were designed by a firm out in cali and doing away with the individual labels they have now. All these new labels look similar and NB figures the brand identity would help consumers "find" their beers on the shelves. I disagree and really like the small time individual labels they've been using for years.

:L dammit...that's the first step on the road to BeerDition.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny Fat Tire story.

It was probably twenty years ago now.... I was in Colorado when I first tried Fat Tire... It wasn't available back east, so I bought a bunch of these big 20 oz botles (and mxed in a few other good local brews). I crammed them all into a back pack and carried it on my flight home.... On the shuttle to the airport, I had carefully placed it on top of my luggage.... The crazy bus driver took a turn way to fast and my back pack sailed across the aisle, straight onto a guy's shin! He wailed like a baby and rubbed his shin the entire ride. I apologized and made sure no bottles broke....

Very good beer...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried Hopslam for the first time saturday night when my niece and her boyfriend brought us some. For a hi-alcohol, hop-heavy beer, it was very good. Not overpoweringly bitter.

Anybody tried Leinenkugel's vanilla porter? I saw some the other day here in NY, but I went with the Sierra Nevada instead, since I know I like that.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, NB must be going all out, I had to fly out to Cali last month and 12 packs of Fat Tire out there too! I got home and went to the store, lo and behold more NB selections on the shelf, Snap Shot and Spring Blonde, wheat beers that I love, more great offerings from a great brewery.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried Hopslam for the first time saturday night when my niece and her boyfriend brought us some. For a hi-alcohol, hop-heavy beer, it was very good. Not overpoweringly bitter.

Anybody tried Leinenkugel's vanilla porter? I saw some the other day here in NY, but I went with the Sierra Nevada instead, since I know I like that.

Yea, I tried Hopslam too last week, a local bar I frequent had it on tap. I was also impressed.. Like an IPA except without all the girly perfume after taste.

Oh, have I mentioned I don't care for IPA's?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, have I mentioned I don't care for IPA's?

url-17.gif

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ELO...

I think he was pulling a Mathew Quigley: when he said he didn't have much use for a handgun, he never said he didn't know how to use one!

I'll drank some IPA's but I likes the darkity kind of beers better. That hopslam was a good IPA and I like that Bear Republic Racer 5. There's a brewery near my house called Singlecut that does some real hoppity IPA's; if any of youse get up to NYC let me know and I'll meet ya there for a flight

Dan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan. I know I'm in the minority there, but don't care for it.

I am with you here. I had one once after many raved about them and just did not see the big deal.