• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy league trash talk thread

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tubbs jinxed Tom Brady Sunday by saying he was the best QB ever, and a Bills fan started repping him over and over because of it.

You mean he made another one of his wild (and baseless) proclamations calling him the best QB in the league and maybe ever, despite having 4 interceptions in the game at the time.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't have 4 INTs at the time. The Pats were up 21-0 I think, and Tubbs said Brady was amazing and might just be the best QB of all time. Then he proceeded to fall apart.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tubbs, at half time, you need to make a similar statement about Fitzpatrick, and mean it!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual the tr has no idea what he is talking about. He had just thrown his 3rd TD pass and had 0 INTs. Troll continue.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And yet, nonetheless, the rest of my post STILL rings true.

"You mean he made another one of his wild (and baseless) proclamations calling him the best QB in the league and maybe ever"

A proclamation after he played a great one HALF of ONE game? Jumping the gun a bit?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's been pretty doggone good for about a decade, not just one half. Is the best ever? Not IMO, but I wouldn't begrudge somebody who thinks so.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's been pretty doggone good for about a decade, not just one half. Is the best ever? Not IMO, but I wouldn't begrudge somebody who thinks so.

Brady is the best QB that I've ever seen play...I'd say he's better than Montana, Aikman and Elway.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take Montana, but like I said, a case can easily be made for Brady.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lot of similarities between Montana and Brady...I'll say that Montana had the best WR duo of all time (Rice + Taylor) and a pretty damned good TE to throw to. With Brady it doesnt matter who he has in there...he gets the most out of them. They're both awesome but if I had to pick one I'd take Brady.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Aha! But the problem is it was an obvious overreaction to what he saw happening in that one game. "Dang, that was a SICK PASS!!! He's hands down the best QB in the league!!!" Typical Tubbs overanalyzing what he sees, and sometimes what he thinks he sees.

Otherwise I couldn't care less if he thinks Brady is the best in the league.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lot of similarities between Montana and Brady...I'll say that Montana had the best WR duo of all time (Rice + Taylor) and a pretty damned good TE to throw to. With Brady it doesnt matter who he has in there...he gets the most out of them. They're both awesome but if I had to pick one I'd take Brady.

A similar argument can be made for Brady as well though. While Montana had great receivers, Brady also has probably the best offensive system the league has ever seen.

Heck, Matt Cassel went 11-5 with the same team, and that team ranked offensively 8th in points and 5th in yards. And this with a QB who had attempted 39 career passes over 3 seasons prior to that.

As for the best QB I've ever seen, I'd say hands down Peyton Manning. I used to watch Colts games just so I could watch him play. His pinpoint accuracy on throw after throw is just unbelievable.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A similar argument can be made for Brady as well though. While Montana had great receivers, Brady also has probably the best offensive system the league has ever seen.

Heck, Matt Cassel went 11-5 with the same team, and that team ranked offensively 8th in points and 5th in yards. And this with a QB who had attempted 39 career passes over 3 seasons prior to that.

As for the best QB I've ever seen, I'd say hands down Peyton Manning. I used to watch Colts games just so I could watch him play. His pinpoint accuracy on throw after throw is just unbelievable.

There's also a flip side to that coin...if the system was the case then the Chiefs should be great as they have Charlie Weis as their OC. Simililarly, if you want to give the credit to Belichek then the Browns should've been great and Bledsoe should've thrived in NE (before Brady belichek was fired in Cleve and on the hotseat in NE). So, while I give some credit to the design I give most the credit to Brady for being able to execute it. Agree that Peyton was probably the most impressive QB during the reg season but the playoff performances knock him down overall in my view.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is a top 2 all time regular season QB. As for playoffs well, he falls well short there. And as for it being about the system, as Servo said, explain CLE, Bledsoe, etc. Give me some more wild proclimation I've made please. I'd still take Brady over everyone in history outside of MAYBE Montana. It's not really close with anyone after that. Your trolling continues to get old and be pathetic. But if it makes you happy by all meands continue please.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's also a flip side to that coin...if the system was the case then the Chiefs should be great as they have Charlie Weis as their OC. Simililarly, if you want to give the credit to Belichek then the Browns should've been great and Bledsoe should've thrived in NE (before Brady belichek was fired in Cleve and on the hotseat in NE). So, while I give some credit to the design I give most the credit to Brady for being able to execute it. Agree that Peyton was probably the most impressive QB during the reg season but the playoff performances knock him down overall in my view.

All fair points. However, I don't agree that one coaches situation in one place necessarily has to translate elsewhere. And, especially in this case considering there were 5 years between Belichick's stints. In NE, Brady also showed up after the first season; so, I'm not convinced that the system Belichick has in place NOW was ever implemented in Cleveland nor had a fair shake prior to Brady.

Just like I wouldn't take away from Montana for having great receivers, I wouldn't take anything away from Brady. He's a great QB, belongs in the HOF, has had outstanding playoff performances, and deserves the lion's share of the credit for the 3 SB's. However, when we're comparing the all-time great QB's, everything has to be accounted for, and I believe considering everything we've seen in *NE, Brady has had more to work with than any other QB has had, especially Manning, who imo has been in the worst situation** by far of everyone in the discussion.

*Things like the game against the Jets(?) last season when in the 33 plays of the first half, the Pats showed 29 different formations. How do you defend against that, or even plan a defense against a machine like that? [Numbers are approximates...off memory]

**I truly believe Manning is so good, he's just made the Colts look like a solid organization, when in reality, the FO/organization has been one of the worst franchises (bottom 5) over the last decade (not that they were much before that either...never more than 9 wins). This encompasses drafting, FA moves, etc. Because of all this, though I think Peyton could have been better in some cases in the playoffs, he's had a lot to hold him back - things that great teams have been able to exploit at little fault of his own.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Rey doing in the fantasy league thread? He aint in the damn league. Keep you petty little bullshit out of this thread, please.