• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably be starting a keeper league in September, similar to our regular board league. I'll have 12 teams MAXIMUM (which will mean nine openings at present). Please reply to this thread if you are interested, but only if you are willing to commit LONG TERM to it.

Thanx...

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested in a keeper league for sure

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a Keeper League? I know absolutely nothing about any kind of fantasy sports leagues. I'm really just curious because I most likely wouldn't put in the time to play seriously.

Ox

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a Keeper League? I know absolutely nothing about any kind of fantasy sports leagues. I'm really just curious because I most likely wouldn't put in the time to play seriously.

Ox

Ox I'm sure you've seen our fantasy hockey threads on espn over the years. How we draft our team of nhl players across the league then go head to head on stats?

A keeper league is just like our fantasy leagues only instead of starting fresh every year with drafting all new teams, a keeper league allows us to keep a certain number of our players over to the next season. It makes for a lot more strategizing to where if you don't have that good of a team one year you can (I assume) trade draft players for draft picks and stockpile younger talent to eventually become a force in the league

As for a keeper league I'm quite interested. I know I mentioned that had we just done a normal single year fantasy I would have turned it down this year but I definitely want to join a keeper league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely in long term. Our league was competitive and def kept the year exciting. Keepers are only tough if, as you mentioned, people don't commit. Because in the end, if someone quits, you need to find a new person willing to accept that old guy's entire lineup (as is).

But yea, I am in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By keeper league, are you meaning a few keepers, or keeping an entire lineup (or variation thereof)?

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By keeper league, are you meaning a few keepers, or keeping an entire lineup (or variation thereof)?

Talking a few...5-7 probably.

My experience with "dynasty" leagues, where you keep all or most of your roster, is that it doesn't allow teams at the bottom to improve that much...they're sort of perpetually Blue Jackets or Islanders.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox I'm sure you've seen our fantasy hockey threads on espn over the years. How we draft our team of nhl players across the league then go head to head on stats?

A keeper league is just like our fantasy leagues only instead of starting fresh every year with drafting all new teams, a keeper league allows us to keep a certain number of our players over to the next season. It makes for a lot more strategizing to where if you don't have that good of a team one year you can (I assume) trade draft players for draft picks and stockpile younger talent to eventually become a force in the league

As for a keeper league I'm quite interested. I know I mentioned that had we just done a normal single year fantasy I would have turned it down this year but I definitely want to join a keeper league.

A. Does that mean I have to find a replacement for the cheer squad this year?

B. Yes, you can trade draft picks for players during the season, but the draft picks must be balanced out so everyone is drafting the same number of players the following season. As an example, my trading you Kopitar and my 10th round pick for your 1st round pick would be okay (not that it would EVER happen...lmao). But JUST Kopitar for your 1st round pick would not be allowed.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be doing this for money or just for fun?

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Does that mean I have to find a replacement for the cheer squad this year?

B. Yes, you can trade draft picks for players during the season, but the draft picks must be balanced out so everyone is drafting the same number of players the following season. As an example, my trading you Kopitar and my 10th round pick for your 1st round pick would be okay (not that it would EVER happen...lmao). But JUST Kopitar for your 1st round pick would not be allowed.

A. As of now yes. If I get a more consistent schedule here soon I'll be up for doing both a keeper and a single year thing. But my schedule is far to ugly as it is right now (even my 23 year old body is having difficulty when I work a completely different shift every week, sometimes switching shifts midweek from 3:30am-12:30pm to 10pm-7am like I'll be doing tomorrow). I spend my weekends not going out and having fun, but adjusting my sleep schedule so I'm not passing out at work.

B. That makes more sense

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this replacing our old league? I'm in for either or both.
Someone mentioned trading of picks and such. Where can I find precise details on how a keeper league works?

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this replacing our old league? I'm in for either or both.
Someone mentioned trading of picks and such. Where can I find precise details on how a keeper league works?

This will be in addition to our regular league. There are a couple friends of mine that will be involved, in addition to whomever I can scare up from online. Like I said, 12 teams MAX...

The teams draft a regular draft to start and play the season. Each team will before the following season protect a limited number of players from its roster, and draft to fill in the final roster. A team MAY during the season, or in the Off-season trade draft picks from the upcoming draft with another team. The only rule is that the number of draft picks traded equals out...otherwise Yahoo does not allow the trade. Every team has to have the same quantity of draft picks each year.