• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Boyd joins the Titans, I like this a ton better than Zay Jones, who they also brought in for talks.

Sucks for fantasy, as I doubt we'll see any weekly consistency between Hopkins/Ridley/Boyd/Spears/Pollard, unless Levis takes a major step forward. At least last year we were getting a lot of targets funneled to Hopkins, but I guess if his target share goes down from an insane 45%, he should still be able to produce.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Boyd joins the Titans, I like this a ton better than Zay Jones, who they also brought in for talks.

Sucks for fantasy, as I doubt we'll see any weekly consistency between Hopkins/Ridley/Boyd/Spears/Pollard, unless Levis takes a major step forward. At least last year we were getting a lot of targets funneled to Hopkins, but I guess if his target share goes down from an insane 45%, he should still be able to produce.
Can't imagine Tyler Boyd changing any dynamic in Tennessee. It sucks for him, he just went from a flex option to possibly not even roster worthy, but doesn't move the needle for NUK or Ridley

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That does suck for fantasy.

Titans rolling some major dice with the left side of their oline but the rest of the roster has some real potential. Latham and Skoronski is a big investment in that left side and I could see it not working out.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't imagine Tyler Boyd changing any dynamic in Tennessee. It sucks for him, he just went from a flex option to possibly not even roster worthy, but doesn't move the needle for NUK or Ridley
None of that is going to matter unless Will Levis improves his accuracy a lot. He was terrible last year outside of his first game when he just threw it up deep to Hopkins three times and he caught all of them for touchdowns. Now granted they did improve the offensive line so maybe he won't be running for his life immediately and that will help, but he missed a lot of easy wide open throws last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is going to matter unless Will Levis improves his accuracy a lot. He was terrible last year outside of his first game when he just threw it up deep to Hopkins three times and he caught all of them for touchdowns. Now granted they did improve the offensive line so maybe he won't be running for his life immediately and that will help, but he missed a lot of easy wide open throws last year.
Really good chance Mason Rudolph beats out Levis imo.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd knows Callahan, at worst, he helps Nuk/Ridley get up to speed. If Levis stinks then they'll get a new starter next year.

I like what Ran is doing with this team and feel a ton better about them running Vrabel out of town at this stage, at least excited to see what they can do vs recycling the same 7 to 9 win seasons over and over

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd knows Callahan, at worst, he helps Nuk/Ridley get up to speed. If Levis stinks then they'll get a new starter next year.

I like what Ran is doing with this team and feel a ton better about them running Vrabel out of town at this stage, at least excited to see what they can do vs recycling the same 7 to 9 win seasons over and over
I mean it is Jeff Fisher's former franchise, I thought that's what their goal was every year?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good chance Mason Rudolph beats out Levis imo.
Rudolph doesn't help Tennessee achieve a great draft spot next year while maintaining the appearance of 'evaluating' the 'future'. Everyone knows Rudolph is a career backup, the fact that he might be 2-4 wins better if Levis flops, is irrelevant. Counterproductive to play him wether he's better or not

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph doesn't help Tennessee achieve a great draft spot next year while maintaining the appearance of 'evaluating' the 'future'. Everyone knows Rudolph is a career backup, the fact that he might be 2-4 wins better if Levis flops, is irrelevant. Counterproductive to play him wether he's better or not

Beating the dolphins last year was also super counter productive and most likely secured Levis' opportunity this season

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I think he could. Rudolph doesn't inspire me with much confidence, either, but Levis is a total unknown.

2 year rebuild is the common blueprint in the NFL. Unless Levis is a stud then Titans are probably a bottom 3 AFC team. Titans do have enough weapons where if Levis is good then the Titans will be good but if he isnt then Rudolph can come in and keep everyone from getting fired. Ultimately coaches do try to do enough to not get fired.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I think he could. Rudolph doesn't inspire me with much confidence, either, but Levis is a total unknown.

2 year rebuild is the common blueprint in the NFL. Unless Levis is a stud then Titans are probably a bottom 3 AFC team. Titans do have enough weapons where if Levis is good then the Titans will be good but if he isnt then Rudolph can come in and keep everyone from getting fired. Ultimately coaches do try to do enough to not get fired.

brand new coach and 2nd yr GM, they will be given a very long leash from Amy Adams Strunk, and doubtful anyone loses their job besides the QB if they fall flat on their faces in '24

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brand new coach and 2nd yr GM, they will be given a very long leash from Amy Adams Strunk, and doubtful anyone loses their job besides the QB if they fall flat on their faces in '24
Agreed in theory but dumpster fires get the coach fired almost immediately (Urban Meyer, Frank Reich). The dumpster fire scenario would be if all three of the following happen: Nuk gets too old, Latham doesnt work at LT, Levis doesn't develop. Although if all three work out then the Titans are interesting all of a sudden.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed in theory but dumpster fires get the coach fired almost immediately (Urban Meyer, Frank Reich). The dumpster fire scenario would be if all three of the following happen: Nuk gets too old, Latham doesnt work at LT, Levis doesn't develop. Although if all three work out then the Titans are interesting all of a sudden.

Meyer is well documented as having one of the worst NFL HC tenures ever, both Jags and Panthers are poverty franchises. That's not how Amy runs the team. She isn't firing Callahan in year 1. They made sure to hire him BEFORE all of the good HC candidates were even available to interview, and she already chose Ran over Vrabel, who she liked a lot.

She'll give Ran/Callahan at least one more offseason before pulling the plug on either. They at least will be given the chance to bring in their guys and run their system before the axe get sharpened.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1715113585923.png

I don't personally know who Pat Kerrane is, but I'd wager good money he's a fucking idiot and awful at dynasty.

(I really hope Brooks doesn't make me eat these words, lol)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer is well documented as having one of the worst NFL HC tenures ever, both Jags and Panthers are poverty franchises.
All true although Nathaniel Hackett was also a recent coach that lasted less than a season which is 3 dumpster fires in 2 seasons.

I might be totally misreading the Titans but my read on someone firing Vrabel is that they have high expectations. They might also have patience, too. And they might also nail it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashee Rice under investigation for hitting a photographer at a night club now...Chiefs sure know how to pick them.

Tyreek, Hunt, Belcher, and now Rice.... they gotta start a Ring of Dishonor whenever they get their new stadium.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be totally misreading the Titans but my read on someone firing Vrabel is that they have high expectations. They might also have patience, too. And they might also nail it.

Not sure they'll ever say it out loud, but I think 2 things did Vrabel in - his commitment to ineffective coordinators that were his buddies and Ran wanted an offensive HC