• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, yet neither of them had any serious rumors of being targets of any team wanting to move up. The closer it got, the more it zeroed in on NE as the only viable option to get into the top 5.
Didn't you have the Chargers trading out in NFL Draft Game?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I did. They could've traded down, gotten whoever they saw as the top RT prospect and maybe netted an extra 1st rounder. The Chargers have a pro bowl left tackle already and will likely disrupt that in the near future. They're basically valuing Joe Alt as a Blue Chip untradable prospect. A lot of people are declaring the Chargers as one of the draft winners but I think they really had a chance to totally knock it out of the park and didnt. Alt pretty much has to outplay Nabers or Mims + a 1st. Maybe he does. I don't know.

I do believe the Vikings valued Maye above JJ. They traded up for Dallas Turner. Maye is the Dallas Turner of the QBs. All upside, not ready.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but wtf do I know? ;)

I assumed they'd trade back due to the plethora of OL's and WR's and seemingly intense need of QB's for everyone..especially once that heated up as the Vike's traded with NE and took McCarthy, not Maye. More suckers high on Maye would've driven the price to where LAC and Harbaugh might've been tempted.

shows what I know.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have a pro bowl left tackle already and will likely disrupt that in the near future. They're basically valuing Joe Alt as a Blue Chip untradable prospect.

a lot of the stud pass rushers are lining up on the RT side these days too, so it is very worthwhile to have stud bookends on OL when possible. Used to be all the studs hammered the LT, but so much more movement and fluidity from guys like Parsons, Garrett, Watt, etc that line up all over

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, every GM is full of shit. There is a price that every one of them will accept to trade a pick or a player and I don't care how much they like a guy. It's not different than us in fantasy football. I never say that anybody I have is completely untradeable. Everybody has a price. Now I will tell people up front that they only way a guy is available is a complete overpay, but he still has a price.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of the stud pass rushers are lining up on the RT side these days too, so it is very worthwhile to have stud bookends on OL when possible. Used to be all the studs hammered the LT, but so much more movement and fluidity from guys like Parsons, Garrett, Watt, etc that line up all over
How many teams pay both tackles top 5 OT money?

Sounds good on paper but Herbert himself is expensive. I guess we'll find out

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Giants also tried to move up for Maye.

The report says the Giants’ offer was the No. 6 overall pick and their 2025 first-round pick

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Giants also tried to move up for Maye.

The report says the Giants’ offer was the No. 6 overall pick and their 2025 first-round pick
I dunno why, but I totally buy the GMEN trying for Maye

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also heard that the Vikes tried hard for Maye, but man, 3 first rounders is steep.

I have a hard time fathoming why the Patriots would turn that down.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also heard that the Vikes tried hard for Maye, but man, 3 first rounders is steep.

Ditto. I’m not sure any of this group is going to be significantly better than any other. I like Penix to be a tough, above-average QB, and that may be the best this crop has to offer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They shouldn't have. I think Maye has a better outlook than Caleb Soft Williams, and Josh Feilds/Lamaar Jackson wannabe Jayden Daniels, but I just don't see him as working out.

McCarthy is the only QB I really liked in this draft, then a deep gap, Bo Nix, then Drake Maye, then Penix/Daniels, Caleb last.

Fantasy wise, gimme the 3-5 years from Jayden Daniels though, sure

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto. I’m not sure any of this group is going to be significantly better than any other. I like Penix to be a tough, above-average QB, and that may be the best this crop has to offer.
I like Penix as well, just an incomprehensible landing spot for him.

Gonna be interesting to see what the long (or short) term game plan for the Falcons will be.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix made a bad Illinois team average. He was great last year with a Washington team that had an oline and strong group of WR. The big knock on him is the injury bug, IMO Sam Bradford 2.0

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix made a bad Illinois team average. He was great last year with a Washington team that had an oline and strong group of WR. The big knock on him is the injury bug, IMO Sam Bradford 2.0

Bradford was 10x the prospect Penix is and was the #1 overall pick after sitting out a season in college. Zero buzz about Penix going top 3 let alone #1.

And he played for Indiana before washington

Bobby Knight Chair Throw GIF

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was 10x the prospect Penix is and was the #1 overall pick after sitting out a season in college. Zero buzz about Penix going top 3 let alone #1.

And he played for Indiana before washington

Bobby Knight Chair Throw GIF

Indiana Illinois they both start with an I both B1G schools easy mistake.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Penix as well, just an incomprehensible landing spot for him.

Gonna be interesting to see what the long (or short) term game plan for the Falcons will be.
Seems like GM malpractice.