• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert and #5 for #1, that I could see.

But if he's taking a rook..might as well stand at 5 and take his boy JJ McArthy
I know it won’t happen bc franchise star Qb’s do not get traded in their mid 20’s unless they have criminal allegations (don’t go there lol). I’m not sure why they would get the #5 pick back though. Herbert for the #1 pick seems pretty fair to me. Herbert is better than any rookie QB and worth more than the #1 pick by himself. If you trade down only 4 spots AND get Herbert that would be brutal for LA.

Harbaugh probably would have some a lot of input in that pick. He might vouch for MHJ at 1 and then JJ at 5. Bears could still get their edge at 9.

It won’t happen but when a coach like Harbaugh takes over with high authority you really never know. He wants it to be “his rebuild” bc in reality this is more about his legacy. He got his fluke national championship while cheating and now he wants to be in the history books to get his SB too AND do it his way so he can have all the credit—something that has kind of been taken away from him at Michigan with the cheating scandal.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it won’t happen bc franchise star Qb’s do not get traded in their mid 20’s unless they have criminal allegations (don’t go there lol). I’m not sure why they would get the #5 pick back though. Herbert for the #1 pick seems pretty fair to me. Herbert is better than any rookie QB and worth more than the #1 pick by himself. If you trade down only 4 spots AND get Herbert that would be brutal for LA.

Harbaugh probably would have some a lot of input in that pick. He might vouch for MHJ at 1 and then JJ at 5. Bears could still get their edge at 9.

It won’t happen but when a coach like Harbaugh takes over with high authority you really never know. He wants it to be “his rebuild” bc in reality this is more about his legacy. He got his fluke national championship while cheating and now he wants to be in the history books to get his SB too AND do it his way so he can have all the credit—something that has kind of been taken away from him at Michigan with the cheating scandal.
you'd get the #5 pick because you have what they want, and you'd (I assume) be taking on that massive contract vs the relative pittance of a rookie QB deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd get the #5 pick because you have what they want, and you'd (I assume) be taking on that massive contract vs the relative pittance of a rookie QB deal
Then no way LA would do that. I mean it is all hypothetical anyway. Move up 4 spots and giving away your franchise QB. I would rather just trade him for 4-5 1st's

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got his fluke national championship while cheating and now he wants to be in the history books to get his SB too AND do it his way so he can have all the credit—something that has kind of been taken away from him at Michigan with the cheating scandal.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying

Screenshot_20240315_085904_Chrome.jpg

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then no way LA would do that. I mean it is all hypothetical anyway. Move up 4 spots and giving away your franchise QB. I would rather just trade him for 4-5 1st's
oh I totally agree, they wouldn't..or at the very least, SHOULDN'T.

But dealing for multiple #1's, especially future #1's, is an entirely different ball game than dealing for the overall #1. Those future #1's might be anything, very unlikely they'll be the overall #1 (yes Chicago, we see you and your Kermit sipping iced tea meme). But yea, that's the value of having the golden hammer that is the #1 overall, if you want it, you pay through the firggin nose to get it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports the Vikings traded the 42nd and 188th picks in the 2024 draft and a second rounder in 2025 to the Texans in exchange for the 23rd and 232nd pick in 2024.

So the Vikes dealt a higher #2, and a high #6 this year, as well as their #2 in '25 and acquired, the 23rd overall, and a 7th in this years draft..giving them #11 and #23.

If the goal is to trade up for a QB, they'd have to target #4 (ARZ) or #5 (LAC), as its not likely Chicago, Wash or NE move off their shots at their own franchise QB..Chargers just gutted their team, that's where I'd start.

Texans weren't likely to find anyone at #23 that they couldn't find a near equivalent to in the second. Nice dela for them to acquire additonal picks to bolster the D and/or oline. nice move on their part, Jimmy Johnson would approve

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"d say the 'cheating' at Michigan is way overblown. Their isn't a team in big time college sports..or pro for that matter, that doesn't attempt to do the same. Why do you think every play caller covers their mouth or otherwise employs 5 different methods of relaying signs in that seem to make zero sense? The difference is that they actually succeeded, and got caught doing so.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's nice to see that the Chiefs finally did SOMETHING to help out Mahommes and Kelce. Bummer that it was such an underwhelming signing in Hollywood Brown. He's little more than a slightly upgraded version of MVS, in a shorter body.

Thankfully its on the cheap, with a bunch of incentives, but damn, if you're not going to go get a Calvin Ridley or a Mike Williams, I would've been much more pleased with a Hunter Renfrow, or a Josh Reynolds, anyone who can be where Mahommes needs them to be, when he needs them to be there, and actually catch the ball (yes I know Josh Reynolds dropped the ball that might've helped them make the SuperBowl). It's not like they need some big name superstar WR, they just need some competency, and I'm not entirely sure they got any with this signing

Brown will compliment Kelce and Rice way better than MVS and Toney. Will be next to impossible to keep track of Kelce/Rice and prevent Hollywood from blowing the top off. Chiefs don't need a WR1, they need a reliable guy to fill a specific role. Hard enough for teams to stop Kelce and Rice from moving the chains and scoring, gonna be really hard without practice squad guys behind them. Even Justin Watson beat MVS/Toney for snaps and targets fairly consistently last season.

Loved this move for the Chiefs, hope Hollywood doesn't start crying when he only gets 4-6 targets/game tho

1710514724488.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown will compliment Kelce and Rice way better than MVS and Toney. Will be next to impossible to keep track of Kelce/Rice and prevent Hollywood from blowing the top off. Chiefs don't need a WR1, they need a reliable guy to fill a specific role. Hard enough for teams to stop Kelce and Rice from moving the chains and scoring, gonna be really hard without practice squad guys behind them. Even Justin Watson beat MVS/Toney for snaps and targets fairly consistently last season.

Loved this move for the Chiefs, hope Hollywood doesn't start crying when he only gets 4-6 targets/game tho

View attachment 357228
Well that's the thing, I don't consider Hollywood to be reliable

If all they needed was reliable speed
. Which is all he is.. resign Hardman

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great move for Hollywood, and anyone who owns Hollywood stock, if he doesn't produce a career year, I'd be shocked. I just don't think this signing makes the Cheifs any better than they were with Hardman/MVS

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the thing, I don't consider Hollywood to be reliable

If all they needed was reliable speed
. Which is all he is.. resign Hardman

if he can't get it going in Reid's system with Mahomes as his QB, he'll be joining MVS/Toney/Hardman/etc in the CFL shortly, unless his Twitch gaming career takes off

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
underwhelming signing in Hollywood Brown. He's little mor
Bet he's never fumbled into the endzone for a touchback. Twice.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald retired?? holy crap

went from negotiating converting his salary to relieve the cap hit to retiring, I'm guessing they asked him to take some kind of pay cut or something and he just said nah I'm good

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickett traded to Eagles!!! :eek: