• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles for years have keep folks guessing about their RBs and I'm betting that continues this season.

Different this year with SB expectations vs SB aspirations.

2 games in a row they've leaned heavier into a workhorse RB role than ever in recent years and they've come out and said who the lead back was both games.

I think this is the new OC's style vs previous editions we saw under Pederson then Steichen that were so focused on spreading out the touches it was farcical

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different this year with SB expectations vs SB aspirations.

2 games in a row they've leaned heavier into a workhorse RB role than ever in recent years and they've come out and said who the lead back was both games.

I think this is the new OC's style vs previous editions we saw under Pederson then Steichen that were so focused on spreading out the touches it was farcical
Not sure SB expectations make a difference, but they have used a single workhorse both games, problem being they have used a different RB to do so thus far, likely due to health. The worry being does health allow them to stick with a RB during a stretch of games so FF players can bank on said RB? I'm not sure and since they loaded up with options at RB I feel it will be more like musical chairs weekly. I have no shares of Swift, or Penny and only a single share of Gainwell so guess it's not a big concern for me luckily.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1694938806833.png

Game time decision Monday? Well that truly sucks for Cooper owners. I have a couple shares of Cooper and going to just sub him out, can't afford to wait then find out he is out.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports DeAndre Hopkins (ankle, questionable) is expected to be active for Week 2 against the Chargers.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Christian Watson (hamstring, questionable) will be inactive for Week 2 against the Falcons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now confirmed. At least we get the update now

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers scratched before game time. Will be inactive until he's traded.

All week long I was worried I F'd up by spending ~50% of my FAAB on Puka and Kyren in one league and getting them in a few other leagues as well.

Looking like the right move a game and a half of football into the season, too bad I was too chicken to start Kyren in any of them tho

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All week long I was worried I F'd up by spending ~50% of my FAAB on Puka and Kyren in one league and getting them in a few other leagues as well.

Looking like the right move a game and a half of football into the season, too bad I was too chicken to start Kyren in any of them tho
I was feeling unhappy having to sub Kyren in for Cooper this morning, but I'm real happy about it now. I just didn't see the Rams having much success against the 49ers D.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Akers can land somewhere where he can put up some FF points, or I'm screwed.
Well Akers kinda blows, I'd be surprised if anyone trades for him. The team, and he, would be better off if they cut him, more likely to find a team signing him to a minimum than trading an asset for him

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Akers kinda blows, I'd be surprised if anyone trades for him. The team, and he, would be better off if they cut him, more likely to find a team signing him to a minimum than trading an asset for him

As much as we are seeing shorter and shorter recovery timeliness, Achilles + RB position is still a nightmare combo for performance.

We've seen some short-lived glimmers of hope, but so far, still don't have a good case example of a guy returning from that injury and being an RB1 for fantasy, unless I'm forgetting someone

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we are seeing shorter and shorter recovery timeliness, Achilles + RB position is still a nightmare combo for performance.

We've seen some short-lived glimmers of hope, but so far, still don't have a good case example of a guy returning from that injury and being an RB1 for fantasy, unless I'm forgetting someone
Foreman doesn't meet your criteria but seems like a successful recovery to me. There's not many.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody heard if bakley is gonna miss time with a messed up ankle he suffered sunday at arizona

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D. Foreman was on track.. roster worthy, somewhat usable at least, (900 and 5)until he found his way to Chicago.

But yeah, no, not much evidence of 'positive results' for RB's returning from the dreaded ruptured achillies.

Previously I think Edgar Bennett and his 611 and 2 was the best

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman doesn't meet your criteria but seems like a successful recovery to me. There's not many.

he falls into the "glimmers of hope" category for me, had a few good game stretch with Panthers but still can't find a team to give him the lead back role, let alone a fantasy-producing role (which is what we actually care about).

Both Foreman and Akers are stepping stones from an injury that was once pretty much an automatic career-ender, to a place where recovery is possible. Here's to hoping that science and medicine can continue to improve on recovery times and effectiveness.