• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything is going to be okay. Shawn says so!...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Courtesy: NU Athletic Communications
11/02/2015

Dear Husker Family,

Good morning.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to every Husker fan who has come to Memorial Stadium this season to cheer on the Big Red; who has traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to proudly wear the red and white in visiting stadiums; and who has passionately supported our student-athletes, our head coach, our assistant coaches and staff. Your support and patience as Mike Riley rebuilds our storied program one brick at a time mean the world to our young men, our staff and our university.

While many are understandably disappointed in the current record of the football team and the heartbreakingly close losses we have suffered, I am confident the future is bright because I see it in the eyes of our players, coaches and staff and I am impressed by what I know is going on behind the scenes. Our coaches are developing our student-athletes and, though the consistent victories are not there yet, I am confident they will come. I have witnessed how our young men battle every day in practice and fight to the finish on game days in the face of great adversity. Football can be a humbling game of inches and seconds and our players have laid everything on the line while making no excuses. The prospective student-athletes looking to make Nebraska home possess athletic talent, academic potential, and high character making for a bright future. Coach Riley has a vision and a plan and is committed to providing the Husker faithful with a sustained winner which will compete annually for championships.

As I have said many times, it is an honor and privilege to represent Nebraska, and I am humbled and care deeply about the men and women I have a chance to work with every day here. The incredible amount of hours they put in and the sacrifices they all make to represent Nebraska are truly remarkable. In two decades as a student-athlete and athletics administrator, I have had the opportunity to learn and work alongside some incredible people at five different institutions. What the best administrators and coaches have in common is a consistent commitment to teaching young minds to do things the right way and to instill a values system that emphasizes hard work, discipline, loyalty, teamwork, compassion and excellence. Those principles coupled with a positive attitude generally result in championships.

Your continued support is what makes Nebraska special and together, we will do great things. Thank you again for your incredible passion and support. We look forward to another home sellout and an electric environment on Saturday as we come together to cheer on our team against Michigan State.

Have a great week and Go Big Red!

Shawn Eichorst

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prospective student-athletes looking to make Nebraska home possess athletic talent, academic potential, and high character making for a bright future. Coach Riley has a vision and a plan and is committed to providing the Husker faithful with a sustained winner which will compete annually for championships.
Looks like the goals have not changed. As long as that does not change than they are responsible to meet our expectations or be gone.

I find that comforting. Now if he said "Guys football is hard" well we got a problem.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just doing his job. Saying what he can to try and calm some people down.

Trust me, this man does not sleep well at night. He is anything but comfortable right now.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barfknecht wrote this today

The person who needs to show up at the podium but won’t amid this historically ugly time is Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst. The million-dollar man needs to earn some of that loot by facing the music on his rapid-fire hire of Riley last December.

A true leader in times of trouble speaks to the body politic, takes questions from the people’s representatives (the press) and offers insight into the current situation and comfort for the future.

Apparently, Eichorst is too busy assigning his coaches books to read or burying them in legalese and paperwork on how to run their camps and clinics. The frustration level among the troops is growing.

Eichorst has already broken his personal policy once about never commenting on a coach or results during a season. It’s time to break it again. Riley deserves some relief in explaining this.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

People are PISSSSSSED about Eichorst releasing this written statement. The comments on Facebook are kinda funny.

This is just getting worse and worse every damn day that goes by :L

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg, wtf do you want from Eichorst at the podium? the hiring decision was discussed back when he did it. nothing else he can say at this point.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SE just did a heat check...... Lol it hot out there

And msu coming to town

Been a nightmare for SE

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg, wtf do you want from Eichorst at the podium? the hiring decision was discussed back when he did it. nothing else he can say at this point.

my mind is bottled by Nebraska 'fans' and how stupid they are

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have played adele hello and made it funny

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11/02/2015

Dear Husker Family,

Good morning.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to every Husker fan who has come to Memorial Stadium this season to cheer on the Big Red; who has traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to proudly wear the red and white in visiting stadiums; and who has passionately supported our student-athletes, our head coach, our assistant coaches and staff. Your support and patience as Mike Riley rebuilds our storied program one brick at a time mean the world to our young men, our staff and our university.

While many are understandably disappointed in the current record of the football team and the heartbreakingly close losses we have suffered, I am confident the future is bright because I see it in the eyes of our players, coaches and staff and I am impressed by what I know is going on behind the scenes. Our coaches are developing our student-athletes and, though the consistent victories are not there yet, I am confident they will come. I have witnessed how our young men battle every day in practice and fight to the finish on game days in the face of great adversity. Football can be a humbling game of inches and seconds and our players have laid everything on the line while making no excuses. The prospective student-athletes looking to make Nebraska home possess athletic talent, academic potential, and high character making for a bright future. Coach Riley has a vision and a plan and is committed to providing the Husker faithful with a sustained winner which will compete annually for championships.

As I have said many times, it is an honor and privilege to represent Nebraska, and I am humbled and care deeply about the men and women I have a chance to work with every day here. The incredible amount of hours they put in and the sacrifices they all make to represent Nebraska are truly remarkable. In two decades as a student-athlete and athletics administrator, I have had the opportunity to learn and work alongside some incredible people at five different institutions. What the best administrators and coaches have in common is a consistent commitment to teaching young minds to do things the right way and to instill a values system that emphasizes hard work, discipline, loyalty, teamwork, compassion and excellence. Those principles coupled with a positive attitude generally result in championships.

Your continued support is what makes Nebraska special and together, we will do great things. Thank you again for your incredible passion and support. We look forward to another home sellout and an electric environment on Saturday as we come together to cheer on our team against Michigan State.

Shawn Eichorst

Dear Shawn,

Can I get my money back for traveling to Miami?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11/02/2015

Dear Husker Family,

Good morning.

Shawn Eichorst

replace that with "its a Process", right @Red_Alert

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the letter. Eichorst couldn't do anything but that. He is feeling the heat.

Can someone provide the facebook links in response to his letter?

Of course, 50% of the posters on the facebook are probably just other schools trolls, 30% are mentally imbalanced people that think the internet gives them their voice, and 20% are actual Nebraska fans. BTW, I am not on social media anywhere.

Since you all live in Nebraska, what is the Omaha World Herald and Lincoln Journal Star saying/writing? What are the TV shows like?

Does Mike Riley have a TV show or a radio show? What are those like?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the letter. Eichorst couldn't do anything but that. He is feeling the heat.

Can someone provide the facebook links in response to his letter?

Of course, 50% of the posters on the facebook are probably just other schools trolls, 30% are mentally imbalanced people that think the internet gives them their voice, and 20% are actual Nebraska fans. BTW, I am not on social media anywhere.

Since you all live in Nebraska, what is the Omaha World Herald and Lincoln Journal Star saying/writing? What are the TV shows like?

Does Mike Riley have a TV show or a radio show? What are those like?

The people responding on Facebook represent the 90% of our fanbase.

They are actually Nebraska fans. They just literally don't have any knowledge of what they're speaking about.

Despite popular belief, we do not have a very knowledgeable fanbase.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my mind is bottled by Nebraska 'fans' and how stupid they are

I guess I'm just one of the many "stupid" Nebraska fans who expects better, and SHOULD be seeing a better product on the field. Your buddy Shawn is the one who made this horrendous west coast Callahan like hire. A lot of us Nebraska fans knew what was coming after we heard about west coast Riley getting hired, but just hoping for a miracle. I do realize that even a top tier coach would have had some losses if they had to deal with the exact same circumstances, but I'm sure their BETTER game time and practice decisions would have minimized the damage. They also would have surrounded themselves with better assistants.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would have him just STFU in this horrendous situation he placed Nebraska in, instead of coming up with a Pederson like memo patronizing the fans.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's just doing his job. Saying what he can to try and calm some people down.

Trust me, this man does not sleep well at night. He is anything but comfortable right now.

I bet he does sleep well. On the other hand, if he isn't sleeping well, it's his own fault because he should have actually attempted to lure a coach who had some REAL success in the past. A coach who comes to mind is a Chris Peterson type of coach who has won BIG before. Do you recall what he did for a no name school called Boise State?!