• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN DBacks board refugees

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site is good for topical discussion, but not really a chat substitute. I've been looking for a suitable chat system for some time, either hosted or open source that I could just put on a server. Have not found anything that I really like for this yet though.

I've tried to stay away from flash based systems since flash is on its way out, but not really finding much. Still looking though.

For reference, I've been involved with forums for years, and BBS's long before that b4 Internet. Still admin and host a few though I don't spend much time with it now days.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site is good for topical discussion, but not really a chat substitute. I've been looking for a suitable chat system for some time, either hosted or open source that I could just put on a server. Have not found anything that I really like for this yet though.

I've tried to stay away from flash based systems since flash is on its way out, but not really finding much. Still looking though.

For reference, I've been involved with forums for years, and BBS's long before that b4 Internet. Still admin and host a few though I don't spend much time with it now days.

I think we all liked the live chat boards that ESPN has, pretty sure that's why we stayed there through all the BS that goes on over there. We are using XAT when ESPN goes dark and I know you said you wanted to stay away from flash sites but you should at least hang out there till we find something else. Just ask if you need / want the link.

I'm really liking this site for good sports talk though, I hope we can get as many of the ESPN people over here as we can.

Right here

Glad you could make it over Heat! :yahoo:

CaptainCoyoteSander

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vagabunda fans are running wild in my absence. This is some kind of conspiracy to allow them to talk shite unfettered.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, fellas! :suds: We're real happy to have you and if you need anything, let me know.