• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Weems

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please… explain to me. How in the HELL was Eric Weems a pro bowl kick returner for you people?

I'm seriously not just saying this. I've seen A LOT of return men come and go that were bad. Eric Weems is the WORST kick returner I have ever seen in my entire life. It's honestly laugh out loud worthy.

It's honestly nothing short of amazing. He's been a Bear since 2012, he's returned 20 kicks, and only has returned ONE over 20 yards. He was supposed to replace Hester this year as the full-time guy, and I thought he'd step it up a bit. But my lord… it's even worse thus far into the pre-season.

I'm truly just amazed, I'm not even angry. He receives the kick, puts his head down, runs in a straight line, into the arms of the first defender that arrives, and then proceeds to fall to the ground like a practice dummy. Generally somewhere around the 10-15 yard line. He'll also fumble a ball here or there like he did tonight, just to add a bit of flare.

While writing this, I remembered that you guys signed Devin. I totally came here about Weems, and didn't even realize. Enjoy what's left of him, BTW. IMO, he won't be what he was 06 and 07, or in 10 and 11 when he came back from trying to play WR. But, he still has a couple years left of being a top tier return man. He was still VERY good last year. Only broke one TD, but had a couple called back, and a great return average. I'm not too caught up about losing him, since we really needed to dedicate our off-season to revamping the D, and I believe that paid off. However, he's still a very nice addition to any team.

Anyway, I expect you guys to be right back in the thick of things in the NFC this year. Here's to a fun 2014 season, with a lot fewer injuries to both of our team's!

And… one last time. Weems sucks… hopefully someone beats him out. I was just wondering if he was ever really any good. Because… wow… :L :doh: :scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to have regressed since leaving Atlanta, which sucks. He was a decent return man before, I believe.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like you got your wish about him. He's back with us now, lol.