• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Emeka Okafor Could Be Trade Chip For Suns

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Lakers beat writers is now reporting that reason the Suns/Lakers deal for Gasol has not been agreed upon is because the Lakers want something better the Suns best available first round pick which is currently at 17.

The Lakers can forget it then. The Suns can just sign Pau in the offseason if they want and not have to give up anything right now. Good luck to the Lakers finding another team that is able to take on his 19 million dollar salary and save your team 13 million dollars at the same time. The only pick the Suns should be willing to give is the Indiana pick anyway. Suns should walk away if the Lakers think three months of Gasol, who is currently hurt right now, is worth a high draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Suns want to trade for a young superstar and are hesitant to give up their picks, but giving up the Indiana pick would be worth it since it will probably be the 30th pick in the draft. You are still left with up to three first round picks this draft and it is highly unlikely they want to actually draft 3 or 4 rookies and keep them all. If there is another trade for a superstar that would fit the Suns, such as a Kevin Love deal or something of that nature, then that changes everything, but I do not see that happening in mid season. That is the type of trade that might happen on draft day. I would be very reluctant to make a blockbuster deal this moment anyway because of the way the chemistry is. That is why I am such a proponent of this Gasol deal because you are just replacing Okafor's roster spot with Gasol. No active players get traded. Everybody stays.

Yeah, the Indiana pick is a disposable asset. But as your last post indicates, it is merely a slight asset, and not enough to attract the Lakers.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Lakers beat writers is now reporting that reason the Suns/Lakers deal for Gasol has not been agreed upon is because the Lakers want something better the Suns best available first round pick which is currently at 17.

[MEDIA=twitter]430459115337293824[/MEDIA]

The Lakers can forget it then. The Suns can just sign Pau in the offseason if they want and not have to give up anything right now. Good luck to the Lakers finding another team that is able to take on his 19 million dollar salary and save your team 13 million dollars at the same time. The only pick the Suns should be willing to give is the Indiana pick anyway. Suns should walk away if the Lakers think three months of Gasol, who is currently hurt right now, is worth a high draft pick.

Could not agree more. I do not want to give up any picks for a fossil of a big man, and a soft one at that.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question is where, if anywhere, Gasol will end up ...