• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ellen Page now Elliott

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you have done a lot of research into the topic.

interesting...

Not really. I just listen/read what people have to say when stuff like this comes up

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actresses are technically actors.

But really, why do they need best actress categories when men and women are gauged on the same scale when acting. This isn't like sports where one might have an advantage.
yep! the little girl on Once upon a time in America taught me that

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says they won't reduce to make it just one award? The Grammys don't separate into genders.

so I am someone that doesnt pay much attention to this subject.
but
I have a question.
How does one decide they are not male or female? What kind of mindset do you have to be in to say I am a robot?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a woman know what it feels like to be a man?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I am someone that doesnt pay much attention to this subject.
but
I have a question.
How does one decide they are not male or female? What kind of mindset do you have to be in to say I am a robot?
robots don't need awards

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robots don't need awards
I am not talking about the awards.
How can you be a victim, if you are neither Male or female.
More importantly (& realistically) How can a mindset of not connecting to Humanity be healthy.
Sounds like the making of a Sociopath! (In real life)
Whether you acknowledge being a Male or female or opposite of who you were born. or even gay.
It releases a certain pressure & a lot of times happiness. (due to allowed connection)
A person that is neither Male or Female (& obviously not a robot) Should be feared Psychologically.
They are still Human after all...... Correct? how does the Brain work in this scenario? Asking anyone that is Psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Not to be rude. but we see signs in Serial Killers at a young age. So I feel this is a legit question. If you have no connect at all........ WTF?
What does that mean?
I get it that this should probably be in the psychology forum.
But what brought my question is from here?
What kind of Mindset (those not making shit up) would this type of person be?
I get the idea of someone born a woman thinking she is a man or vice versa. But someone thinking they are a human being but dont identify as either sex? Knowing Biology as I do. (not an expert) Endorphins & what not. This could be a scary thing.
I get some people that feels like they dont belong, decide to "act" like they are neither sex. Which in its own should be a warning sign. (for them or us) but what if someone truly doesnt identify? Serial Killers dont have shit on that! These people are even acknowledging they are human! (undr basic Biology) So what is the mental make up of this scenario............. I wonder?

I didnt stay in a holiday Express Inn recently. So I dont know!

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he/she gets much work as a man. Most likely I am wrong because Hollyweird likes to promote this type of stuff.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about the awards.
How can you be a victim, if you are neither Male or female.
More importantly (& realistically) How can a mindset of not connecting to Humanity be healthy.
Sounds like the making of a Sociopath! (In real life)
Whether you acknowledge being a Male or female or opposite of who you were born. or even gay.
It releases a certain pressure & a lot of times happiness. (due to allowed connection)
A person that is neither Male or Female (& obviously not a robot) Should be feared Psychologically.
They are still Human after all...... Correct? how does the Brain work in this scenario? Asking anyone that is Psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Not to be rude. but we see signs in Serial Killers at a young age. So I feel this is a legit question. If you have no connect at all........ WTF?
What does that mean?
I get it that this should probably be in the psychology forum.
But what brought my question is from here?
What kind of Mindset (those not making shit up) would this type of person be?
I get the idea of someone born a woman thinking she is a man or vice versa. But someone thinking they are a human being but dont identify as either sex? Knowing Biology as I do. (not an expert) Endorphins & what not. This could be a scary thing.
I get some people that feels like they dont belong, decide to "act" like they are neither sex. Which in its own should be a warning sign. (for them or us) but what if someone truly doesnt identify? Serial Killers dont have shit on that! These people are even acknowledging they are human! (undr basic Biology) So what is the mental make up of this scenario............. I wonder?

I didnt stay in a holiday Express Inn recently. So I dont know!
not having a gender doesn't mean they don't exist.

and I don't know enough about the psychology behind all that to tell you.

how many non-binary serial killers have there been? Most identify as men, right? So what does that say about that gender?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have specific numbers, but just picking up cursory details from stuff over the years, I believe its somewhat common for a trans person to first identify as gay or lesbian before transitioning. The why of it is because they aren't quite comfortable publicly coming out as trans right away for whatever reason (personal reasons, societal reasons ie gay/les are more acceptable than trans, etc). Obviously this isn't the case for all trans people, just some of them.

TLDR; its not unheard of.

It makes sense I guess, even when they are completely different "conditions" (I don't know what to call it, I'm not saying that it is a disease or anything like that, it's a difficult subject matter and I'm not informed enough to know the accepted terms).

It is a difficult journey for her/him (they?? that one I don't get), but I hope that he finds the inner peace and happiness he's obviously searching for.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he/she gets much work as a man. Most likely I am wrong because Hollyweird likes to promote this type of stuff.

They do promote it, as long as it doesn't mess with the money. I don't see him getting the high profile parts he got as a woman.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do promote it, as long as it doesn't mess with the money. I don't see him getting the high profile parts he got as a woman.
he really hadn't been getting much in terms of high profile roles lately.

but Page's role in Umbrella Academy will be interesting in the next season...

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot Page (born Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page; February 21, 1987) is a Canadian actor and producer. He first became known for his role in the film and television series Pit Pony (1997–2000).

I'm confused. I liked her in Inception (2010).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot Page (born Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page; February 21, 1987) is a Canadian actor and producer. He first became known for his role in the film and television series Pit Pony (1997–2000).

I'm confused. I liked her in Inception (2010).
you can still like him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hardly knew ye Mini-Garofalo.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he really hadn't been getting much in terms of high profile roles lately.

but Page's role in Umbrella Academy will be interesting in the next season...

I haven't seen the Umbrella Academy. I've read good things about it and it's somewhere on my to-watch list, but I don't know anything about it. As far as I know, the character is female and was made gay just because of the actress portraying it. They have to be careful if they follow the same logic, because these changes can easily come off as preachy and overly political and affect the show (like it's been happening with Batwoman, for example).

I don't see why Elliot can't keep portraying a female character anyway. It's called "acting" after all.

Reactions: gob