• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eklund report : Filppula to Tampa

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Deal is done. Great pickup by Bolts ". I'll wait for TSN to confirm it but if the report is true it's a solid pickup for us, he replace Vinny's shoes very nicely.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's a deal done, 5 years $25 mill. A bit expensive but a much needed pickup to fill a big hole. This deal leaves the bolts with $3,534,523 of cap space so what's next? I think Yzerman pushes hard for Edler.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's a deal done, 5 years $25 mill. A bit expensive but a much needed pickup to fill a big hole. This deal leaves the bolts with $3,534,523 of cap space so what's next? I think Yzerman pushes hard for Edler.
good move! C Valterri Filppula to TB for 5 seasons, 5 mil per season! do we agree yzerman is on the hot seat ? You are right they could buy out Malone and make Alex Edler's salary work if they trade Connolly for him.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to vinik for spending the money on C Valterri Filppula rather then trade prospects for seguin

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was an overpayment from the bolts but Yzerman needed to find a # 2 center which he did. I believe Yzerman's focus shifts to the blueline and he goes after Edler and yeah I think if we get Edler then Malone goes via the buyout.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was an overpayment from the bolts but Yzerman needed to find a # 2 center which he did. I believe Yzerman's focus shifts to the blueline and he goes after Edler and yeah I think if we get Edler then Malone goes via the buyout.
Ya I would not be surprised if yzerman traded Connolly and a 2014 1st round pick for Alex Edler I think he is on the hot seat for sure do you get that feeling.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Yzerman is on the hot seat although like I said in an other thread he doesn't deserve to be in my opinion. If this team has yet another top 10 pick next, I believe he goes. 3 straight years of having a top 10 pick, I can't see that settling well with Mr. Vinik.

As for Edler I believe Yzerman really pushes for this deal now but the biggest question is Edler willing to move his NTC. What's interesting is that Bobby Ryan just got traded for 2 prospects and a pick with that pick being a 1st rounder in 2014, that gives Gillis some fuel regarding the asking price for Edler. The thing is though Connolly is a prospect in a different class regarding quality as you are getting a future # 1 RW who will be a consistent 25 plus goal scorer in this league. In saying this I still see the deal being something like Connolly, Barberio and 2014 2nd round pick perhaps plus another early-to-mid round pick for Edler, it's going to be a steep price.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can make this Edler deal, do you think this is a playoff caliber team?:

Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Drouin-Fippula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Labrie-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Tyrell

Edler-Hedman
Carle-Salo
Brewer-Gudas

Aulie

Bishop-Lindback

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure Stevie Y is on the hot seat. Vinik has a lot of trust in him. He is being questioned about the Connally pick and maybe Nesterenkov. But his trades and pickups have been spot on for the most part. Save Carle but thats not his fault its Carles. Danny I don't see Connaly or Malone in your lineup , do you think they're gone ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can make this Edler deal, do you think this is a playoff caliber team?:

Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Drouin-Fippula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Labrie-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Tyrell

Edler-Hedman
Carle-Salo
Brewer-Gudas

Aulie

Bishop-Lindback
Ya that would be a playoff team if we got Alex Edler! but no doubt we need to address the defense by trade now.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Yzerman is on the hot seat although like I said in an other thread he doesn't deserve to be in my opinion. If this team has yet another top 10 pick next, I believe he goes. 3 straight years of having a top 10 pick, I can't see that settling well with Mr. Vinik.

As for Edler I believe Yzerman really pushes for this deal now but the biggest question is Edler willing to move his NTC. What's interesting is that Bobby Ryan just got traded for 2 prospects and a pick with that pick being a 1st rounder in 2014, that gives Gillis some fuel regarding the asking price for Edler. The thing is though Connolly is a prospect in a different class regarding quality as you are getting a future # 1 RW who will be a consistent 25 plus goal scorer in this league. In saying this I still see the deal being something like Connolly, Barberio and 2014 2nd round pick perhaps plus another early-to-mid round pick for Edler, it's going to be a steep price.
That would be my offer but gillis will push for the 1st round pick I think we will have to look elsewhere for defenseman!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think they just move Purcell for a defenseman and replace him with Connolly in are top 6 ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure Stevie Y is on the hot seat. Vinik has a lot of trust in him. He is being questioned about the Connally pick and maybe Nesterenkov. But his trades and pickups have been spot on for the most part. Save Carle but thats not his fault its Carles. Danny I don't see Connaly or Malone in your lineup , do you think they're gone ?

The reason I haven't got Connolly in there is because the topic of conversation is to acquire a defender, that defender being Edler and probably Connolly would be the main piece going back to Vancouver. If this deal were to happen it would result in Malone getting the chop regarding a buyout.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think they just move Purcell for a defenseman and replace him with Connolly in are top 6 ?

That makes sense but it depends on the quality of defenseman you are looking for. In my opinion Purcell will only retrieve you a 2nd pairing defenseman if he (Purcell) were to be the main piece in the deal. If you trade a prospect of Connolly's quality, he's going to retrieve you a better talent such as an Alex Edler type and I think that is what Yzerman is looking for.

In other news Benoit Pouliot signed with the Rangers, 1yr $1.3mill, J.T Wyman signs with the Av's, they will miss his presence in Syracuse and I'm glad to see Dominic Moore back in hockey.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense but it depends on the quality of defenseman you are looking for. In my opinion Purcell will only retrieve you a 2nd pairing defenseman if he (Purcell) were to be the main piece in the deal. If you trade a prospect of Connolly's quality, he's going to retrieve you a better talent such as an Alex Edler type and I think that is what Yzerman is looking for.

In other news Benoit Pouliot signed with the Rangers, 1yr $1.3mill, J.T Wyman signs with the Av's, they will miss his presence in Syracuse and I'm glad to see Dominic Moore back in hockey.
ya I was thinking Blues get- rw- Purcell and Lightning get D- Roman Polak glad to see moore back in the nhl

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad pickup at all, always like Filppula's game, I could see him doing real well with the Ning. Their forward lines seem set, their goaltending issues seem to be resolved, they just gotta get some defensive stoppers at the blue line. Overall, good moves by the Ning, they should be a force next season.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad pickup at all, always like Filppula's game, I could see him doing real well with the Ning. Their forward lines seem set, their goaltending issues seem to be resolved, they just gotta get some defensive stoppers at the blue line. Overall, good moves by the Ning, they should be a force next season.
Ya Yzerman said they are done in FA said if he picked up a defenseman it would be the trade route. He has some young guys on defense he may want to give a shot too Gudas, Sustr and mark barberio. I know they will play Gudas in the nhl next season sustr and Barberio are a maybe. Sustr needs 1 more year in the AHL but he was really good in the AHL playoffs for the Crunch. I think Barberio is ready but we need another gudas type of defenseman. I always like Filppula with the redwings he won't put up monster numbers but we will like his two way hockey came that comes from the redwings way.