• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a pass first player. Hell, Magic is considered clutch and he was a pass first player.

But there are times that, even as a pass first player, a guy has to take those shots. It took Lebron awhile to learn that. But since he did, he's been as clutch as anyone in history.

I agree w/ what you said. I don't like the guy, but I like watching him play. Same w/ KD. Their games are smooove.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, so no longer Rockets in 7?
Of course. Whay a silly question. Who would pick the Rockets without Chris Paul? Having said that, should the Warriors come out lackadaisical tonight thinking they've got it made, as they've been known to do, it very well could be Rockets in 6.
Can't remember who Sushi's two hedges were in our bet but mine were Harden and Paul.
I have a bad feeling the Warriors could come out lazy and unfocused tonight because Paul is missing. I hope not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Whay a silly question. Who would pick the Rockets without Chris Paul? Having said that, should the Warriors come out lackadaisical tonight thinking they've got it made, as they've been known to do, it very well could be Rockets in 6.
Can't remember who Sushi's two hedges were in our bet but mine were Harden and Paul.
I have a bad feeling the Warriors could come out lazy and unfocused tonight because Paul is missing. I hope not.

Well shit you're a guru. Go give the Warriors a pregame pep talk.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your bet is still on though. The injury exception was for the start of the series if I'm not mistaken. I'll let @CitySushi handle his own business though.

You're the luckiest Clownalban in history though, now you have the injury excuse

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your bet is still on though. The injury exception was for the start of the series if I'm not mistaken. I'll let @CitySushi handle his own business though.

You're the luckiest Clownalban in history though, now you have the injury excuse
The great ones make their own luck.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the problem for Lebron is that there was a time when he wasn't clutch. In fact, there were times when it appeared he wanted no part of clutch moments. The finals vs. the Mavs being just one glaring example.

Obviously, that has completely changed over the course of his career. But once the narrative is set and the internet meme's and gif's posted...it becomes nearly impossible to change.

This.

But, the game vs the Pistons was awesome.

I think he's embraced it in the last few years. He knows he needs to be able to do it to be considered the greatest and kudos to him. He's embraced the challenge.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is though, that 2011 series came 4 years after he put up 25 straight points in the 4th/OT vs the Pistons, making game-tying and go-ahead bucket after bucket including the game winner.

It came 3 years after a 45-point duel with Pierce in Game 7 on the road where he hit shot after shot.

It came on the heels of a couple of big-time clutch shots over the Bulls and Celtics in the earlier rounds.

So if you ask me, LeBron has always been clutch. He had one series where he deferred too much and let the opposing team/coach dictate his involvement. For that series he wasn't clutch. But LeBron has always been clutch.

He has selected his times when he wants to take over. He's deferred a lot in the past where he passed the ball in a critical situation.

Over the last 4-5 years he has embraced it more than he has in the past. And he gets kudos for that because I think he has realized he needs to do it to cement his legacy as one of the best ever.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I guess you're shit outta luck.
True. My excellence is in understanding this game in depth and knowing players as well as human nature. I don't need luck.
This series was pretty easy to predict. The Warriors could not match the Rockets' mental toughness in the 4th quarter. I was, as usual, proven right. Clowns like yourself may have gotten really lucky with the Paul injury but don't take the lackadaisical nature of this Warrior team for granted. It may still yet cost them this series. We'll know better tonight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could be right, I can't remember. This was such an easy pick if the Rockets were healthy that I didn't pay much attention to the details of the bet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. My excellence is in understanding this game in depth and knowing players as well as human nature. I don't need luck.
This series was pretty easy to predict. The Warriors could not match the Rockets' mental toughness in the 4th quarter. I was, as usual, proven right. Clowns like yourself may have gotten really lucky with the Paul injury but don't take the lackadaisical nature of this Warrior team for granted. It may still yet cost them this series. We'll know better tonight.

So what you're saying is if the Warriors win the series you called it correctly. But if the Rockets win the series you called that correctly as well. Got it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has selected his times when he wants to take over. He's deferred a lot in the past where he passed the ball in a critical situation.

Over the last 4-5 years he has embraced it more than he has in the past. And he gets kudos for that because I think he has realized he needs to do it to cement his legacy as one of the best ever.

Driving into the lane and kicking to an open shooter is not deferring. It is good basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, I can't remember. This was such an easy pick if the Rockets were healthy that I didn't pay much attention to the details of the bet.

You are ridiculous.

Again, if the Warriors were completely healthy this series would already be over. Iggy is essential for this particular matchup.

Now you will toot your own horn like you were right all summer regardless of the outcome.

BS. If the Warriors win you were wrong regardless of whether CP3 plays again.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving into the lane and kicking to an open shooter is not deferring. It is good basketball.

It's good basketball but a closer like MJ or Kobe want to take the winning shot.

And James doesn't do it as often as he has in the past so he's clearly wanting to be the man and cement his legacy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Jaylen Brown doing here? Trying to signal Christopher Lloyd for help from the angels?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good basketball but a closer like MJ or Kobe want to take the winning shot.

And James doesn't do it as often as he has in the past so he's clearly wanting to be the man and cement his legacy.

Been over this a million times.

Just because Jordan or Kobe wouldn't have made that play doesn't mean it wasn't the right one to give his team the best chance of winning.

And Jordan did kick out a couple times on the very biggest stage. So your assertion is false.

The difference is that Paxson and Kerr made their shots, Korver missed his. Korver is every bit the shooter those two where. Again though, the magic aura of MJ prohibits any of his decisions to be questioned while LeBron's are ripped to shreds whenever his team loses.