• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible.

I have been told by all the haters that LeBron isn't clutch.

There was a funny moment in the postgame last night. A reporter was asking LeBron a question and mentioned that he has always been clutch throughout his entire career.

LeBron looked genuinely surprised and stopped and asked him his name and told him he appreciated that and he'd never heard a reporter say that before.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible.

I have been told by all the haters that LeBron isn't clutch.

Yep LeBron isn't clutch yet he has more playoff buzzer beaters (5) than MJ (3).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cxhwed9da4011.jpg

Love should be in the locker room. Get your ass healthy!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have there been any updates about him, will he be good to go for game 7?

I just heard he needs rest before anything is determined. So we likely won’t know until gametime

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LeBron isn't clutch yet he has more playoff buzzer beaters (5) than MJ (3).

Yeah, the problem for Lebron is that there was a time when he wasn't clutch. In fact, there were times when it appeared he wanted no part of clutch moments. The finals vs. the Mavs being just one glaring example.

Obviously, that has completely changed over the course of his career. But once the narrative is set and the internet meme's and gif's posted...it becomes nearly impossible to change.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have there been any updates about him, will he be good to go for game 7?
All I've heard is they're keeping him out of concussion protocol "for now" and wanted to let him rest one night before evaluating. So they're probably evaluating right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard he needs rest before anything is determined. So we likely won’t know until gametime

Hopefully he'll be ready to go for your Cavs. He sure has had a really rough season though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the problem for Lebron is that there was a time when he wasn't clutch. In fact, there were times when it appeared he wanted no part of clutch moments. The finals vs. the Mavs being just one glaring example.

Obviously, that has completely changed over the course of his career. But once the narrative is set and the internet meme's and gif's posted...it becomes nearly impossible to change.

The thing is though, that 2011 series came 4 years after he put up 25 straight points in the 4th/OT vs the Pistons, making game-tying and go-ahead bucket after bucket including the game winner.

It came 3 years after a 45-point duel with Pierce in Game 7 on the road where he hit shot after shot.

It came on the heels of a couple of big-time clutch shots over the Bulls and Celtics in the earlier rounds.

So if you ask me, LeBron has always been clutch. He had one series where he deferred too much and let the opposing team/coach dictate his involvement. For that series he wasn't clutch. But LeBron has always been clutch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron has always been a pass first player, that goes all the way back to HS. He probably should be or have taken more of those types of clutch shots though. But I won't fault him for being the player he always has been. I think the fact he has that shit roster on the verge of the Finals is amazing. If you replace LeBron w/ any current NBAer do you think the Cavs are still playing right now? I have my doubts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've heard is they're keeping him out of concussion protocol "for now" and wanted to let him rest one night before evaluating. So they're probably evaluating right now.

Evaluating if they’re better off without him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evaluating if they’re better off without him?

I know you are joking here,

But Love does not match up well with Boston. Jeff Green can play that role well and he does a better job on the Tatum/Brown/Morris type players Love is forced to guard when TT is on Horford and the Celtics go smaller.

As crazy as it sounds, the Warriors need Iggy to beat the Rockets more than the Cavs need Love to beat the Celtics.

That said, LeBron needs a coupe "others" to make some shots in game 7 and Love is most likely to be that guy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Love does not match up well with Boston. Jeff Green can play that role well and he does a better job on the Tatum/Brown/Morris type players Love is forced to guard when TT is on Horford and the Celtics go smaller.

As crazy as it sounds, the Warriors need Iggy to beat the Rockets more than the Cavs need Love to beat the Celtics.

That said, LeBron needs a coupe "others" to make some shots in game 7 and Love is most likely to be that guy.

Yeah it kind of goes both ways. On the one hand he isn't the best matchup for the Celtics. On the other hand, he's by far the most consistent "other" the Cavs have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has always been a pass first player, that goes all the way back to HS. He probably should be or have taken more of those types of clutch shots though. But I won't fault him for being the player he always has been. I think the fact he has that shit roster on the verge of the Finals is amazing. If you replace LeBron w/ any current NBAer do you think the Cavs are still playing right now? I have my doubts.

I agree.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a pass first player. Hell, Magic is considered clutch and he was a pass first player.

But there are times that, even as a pass first player, a guy has to take those shots. It took Lebron awhile to learn that. But since he did, he's been as clutch as anyone in history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a summer vacation Tristan is taking Klowhee to the Haagen Dazs in his hometown of Toronto for any all-you-can-eat weekend.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was half joking.
Love can be a difference maker in either a good or bad way.