• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles' Free Agency

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are around $22M under the Cap if I am correct and will need $7M for the rookie crop. No way we sign Bell.
We all hear the same things since we all listen to the same people .Coleman and Brown are distinct possibilities but how about T.J. Yeldon as Sproles replacement?
In the draft i fully expect a DT early and DE later. The Eagles can retool other positions with the remainder of their picks and a couple other FA's.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darkhorse - breshad perriman, assuming he costs next to nothing. would have considered a John Ross trade, but he's not worth his current cap hit of being a 1st rounder.

RBs - Whoever is cheapest. Didn't care for the Duke trades because I feel he's getting more than is required to spend for a situational RB.

I'd be cool to see Vinny come home at DE for some added depth, as always provided the price.

with the glut of safeties out there, i'd kick the tires on one if they could get a good option (not that the team needs one, but if the price is right, an upgrade may be available).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darkhorse - breshad perriman, assuming he costs next to nothing. would have considered a John Ross trade, but he's not worth his current cap hit of being a 1st rounder.

RBs - Whoever is cheapest. Didn't care for the Duke trades because I feel he's getting more than is required to spend for a situational RB.

I'd be cool to see Vinny come home at DE for some added depth, as always provided the price.

with the glut of safeties out there, i'd kick the tires on one if they could get a good option (not that the team needs one, but if the price is right, an upgrade may be available).
We need a 3rd safety, but I'd prefer to draft one that can take over a starting spot in 2 years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this guy? To me, it would be a dream come true!

Is it time for a DeSean Jackson reunion?

I would gladly bring him in at 4 mil or so "after" he gets cut by Tampa ... but no way in hell am I trading away a pick for him AND having him count for 10 mil against our cap. You can go out there and sign free agent John Brown who's 3-4 years younger for around 5-6 mil without having to give up a draft pick.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I approve. And I can wear my #10 jersey again:suds:

I would love Desean back for all the feel good reasons. Out of all the bullshit that Chip did to us I think letting him walk was the worst of all.

Only pause I have is I don’t think the cap number is right set anymore. Yes, he can still fly. But his consistency with staying on the field has been very hit and miss lately. Maybe there would be some cap magic that could be performed there that would make that more feasible if it’s going to happen. With that fixed it would be a no brainer to have him back in the green.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After signing Graham I don't think we'll be going after a big time defensive linemen.

I would like to add John Brown but he's going to get a good bit of money. That speed would be great here.

And I want a free agent RB, but not Coleman. He's a soft runner and injury prone. I'd rather have Latavius Murray and give Pederson someone to hammer defenses with.

We could also add someone like Spencer Ware or Bilal Powell just to give the backfield some veteran experience on the lower end of the scale.

I have been feeling this exact way about Coleman. He has all the pluses....fast, multi faceted, etc. But there has just been something underwhelming to me about him all along.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly bring him in at 4 mil or so "after" he gets cut by Tampa ... but no way in hell am I trading away a pick for him AND having him count for 10 mil against our cap. You can go out there and sign free agent John Brown who's 3-4 years younger for around 5-6 mil without having to give up a draft pick.

There it is. My thoughts exactly. Trading for him makes zero sense. Good thing is I think this makes zero sense to any team. And he’s saying he wants to come to Philly. So....if he’s released (likely) this could be a thing.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing LG Rodger Saffold is a player the Eagles are very interested in. Would cost around 8 mil per, but he would step right into the starting LG spot. Saffold is 31 but was the 7th rated pass protecting Guard in the league last season. Seumalo got an extension and would likely open up at RG in place of the injured Brandon Brooks who's likely to start the year on IR.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see on Profootball talk that the Eagles are in the hunt for Malik Jackson who was let go by Jacksonville. Just hope they aren't breaking the bank on him.

That would then let us focus on something besides DL in the draft (at least early on).

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see on Profootball talk that the Eagles are in the hunt for Malik Jackson who was let go by Jacksonville. Just hope they aren't breaking the bank on him.

That would then let us focus on something besides DL in the draft (at least early on).

He's actually getting ready to sign with either Philly or Green Bay this morning.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josina Anderson just said he signing with the Eagles for 3 years/10 million. That's not bad at all.

That is fantastic! Great price ... the dude can get to the QB at a dirt cheap price. Only one year removed from a Pro Bowl.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh Now 3/30. not sure I like that. Not great vs run

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh Now 3/30. not sure I like that. Not great vs run

That makes more sense ... otherwise it would have been highway robbery. Dude's still a very good get for the Eagles next to Cox. Here's his highlights prior to the Jags changing up their scheme in 2018 where he couldn't use his pass rushing skills as much. I think he will feast again next to Cox in our scheme.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. We were super light at DT. This gives us a starter while we can still draft a guy to bring along slowly. It's hard to play DT in this league as a rookie.

Big upgrade from what we had at the position last year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes more sense ... otherwise it would have been highway robbery. Dude's still a very good get for the Eagles next to Cox. Here's his highlights prior to the Jags changing up their scheme in 2018 where he couldn't use his pass rushing skills as much. I think he will feast again next to Cox in our scheme.

I almost choked on my lunch when I read 3 yrs/$10M. Hey Shefty......remembering to put the word "per" in your tweets would help, thank you.

3/30 doesn't feel steep for the player, just for out cap this year. I think this is out big splash in FA. Jackson and Cox could be really good in that interior!