• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Seahawks

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight was a harsh reminder that they are still a year away.

I disagree to a point

It is a reminder that you can't come out and play flat and timid
I do agree aboutnext year if you mean that the secondary will be more improved than what is out there now - this secondary has played well when they have a short time window to cover

But this team has shown that it is a Super Bowl contender this year

This will only be their second loss
I see them doing better next week against the Rams - Goff is not Wilson. Wilson is able to buy too much time

Home field through the playoffs is still for the taking

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess tripping pi calls only go one way.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one dB his the receiver and the other one catches it and that's cool?

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the 1 seed was fun while it lasted

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bizarre playcalling killed them early. That and Wentz missing an easy td and fumbling at goal line and that was the game. If there ever was a game to just air it out it was tonight but instead they were content with 3 yard out routes and 2 yard runs by ajayi

Garbage. And that is stuff that you fear will kill them in playoffs. Not their youth. Not Wentz. But Pedersons ridiculous playcalling.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bizarre playcalling killed them early. That and Wentz missing an easy td and fumbling at goal line and that was the game. If there ever was a game to just air it out it was tonight but instead they were content with 3 yard out routes and 2 yard runs by ajayi

Garbage. And that is stuff that you fear will kill them in playoffs. Not their youth. Not Wentz. But Pedersons ridiculous playcalling.
Pederson has called a great game all season until this one. I'll chalk it up to a bad game all around and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the last dozen or so posters...

movieposter.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Gentleman and good luck the rest of the way

Do us a tenny tinnny favor next week.................

Take care of LA for us

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle brings us back down to earth. We didnt look prepared at all. lets see how we respond next week.

*BTW have we beaten Seattle since they came over to the NFC?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's play making ability worries me ... with QB's who are not only mobile but smart, they can create good plays even when your Defense does everything correctly. I have a feeling Seattle will put up some points ... just hoping Wentz and Co can put up more against their D.

Unfortunately the thing that worried me eventually happened. It's so difficult to play against a motivated Russ Wilson at his place. His play-making chaos style is very hard to play against. Even then however we still had plenty of chances in this game ... but big mistakes killed us. Wentz fumbling through the end zone inches away from a TD was obviously a monster swing in momentum. His missed connection with a wide open Agholor in the first half would have let to points, the stupid holding call against Jeffery on the Blount first down run inside the yard line was huge. Then you have the big "no-challenge" on the forward lateral which would have made them punt, but eventually became a TD drive was the dagger. We need to regroup and take it to the Rams next week ... hopefully this was a bit of a wake-up call and gets the team to focus more instead of just "expecting" to win.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unable to see the game, as it was during work hours. The biggest takeaway I heard was the game was called with no confidence in our chance to win. I don't know what that means. Did Doug call an overly safe game? I was able to catch a few early 4th and shorts arounds midfield where I looked in and figured, yeah, we'll go for that. I don't know if it was that or what i heard was a number of short pass calls. I didn't get to see it. Granted, I got to see a fair amount of the first half, we had a meeting in a room with a TV, though the reception was shit. I saw the Darby call that led to the TD, yeah, it sucked. I didn't see the rest of the game, it is what it is. Hopefully this is good for the team and coach going forward.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess tripping pi calls only go one way.

That is one thing that I struggled with. We get called for PI earlier in the game. Legs got tangled. But our DB had his arm in the receiver. "Mind the optics" Michaels said. And he was right.

Same thing happens the other way in the second half and they pull up the flag. What about the optics?

Ultimately nothing swung on that play (highly likely). But, it just one of those aggravations you don't notice when your winning 31-3.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unable to see the game, as it was during work hours. The biggest takeaway I heard was the game was called with no confidence in our chance to win. I don't know what that means. Did Doug call an overly safe game? I was able to catch a few early 4th and shorts arounds midfield where I looked in and figured, yeah, we'll go for that. I don't know if it was that or what i heard was a number of short pass calls. I didn't get to see it. Granted, I got to see a fair amount of the first half, we had a meeting in a room with a TV, though the reception was shit. I saw the Darby call that led to the TD, yeah, it sucked. I didn't see the rest of the game, it is what it is. Hopefully this is good for the team and coach going forward.

I think this is the fairest sum up of "wtf happened?"

Someone who did not get to see the game, and had minimal input about the game. I think a lot happened that contributed to this loss.

The team clearly struggled with the playing environment and the noise. All game was last minute panic hikes to beat the play clock. Bad snapping. Linemen standing up with :04 on play clock to point out a defender. RBs coming to Wentz because they can't hear the play call or changes. They were not prepared for operating in that environment. And that Seahawks front 7 ate it up.

Wentz's stat line was pretty amazing considering good chunks of the first half I had to resist McNabb comments with his accuracy. Massive missed and overthrows. Have not seen that at all this year. He still came out with a highlight reel play or two. But there is absolutely tape he will have to learn from on this one.

Ultimately what told the tale to me ended up being the playcalling. Seattle came out and smacked us early and strong. Wilson was just unfucking real most of the game. Once the defense started going blitz heavy (have not seen that nearly so much in the last season and a half) it really seemed to expose the secondary. At least a few times Doug faced that fourth and short that he has had such balls about going for and really wimped the fuck out.

When I saw the playcalling falling to the side of fear, rather than confidence, I felt the strongest concern about us winning this game. There was no easily noticeable adjustments after halftime. The fumble through the end zone was a fucking killer. And maybe we don't get the call on review for the lateral from Wilson. But to not even challenge it at all was a very familiar feeling aggravation as an Eagles fan.

Doug has the most film to learn from overall. I really worked to resist the Reid comparisons, as Doug just doesn't deserve them at this point. With that said...he looked a good bit fat guy with his timid, conservative calls and lack of jumping on a review challenge you should pull the trigger on.

Ultimately this could be an excellent stepping stone, and I hope it works that way. There needed to be a game to show its not staying as easy as it's been. That beyond week 17 will be so challenging. They needed that reality check so they can adjust and learn. No doubt that was a viscious playoff environment last night.

Show me that we take the learnings and make the adjustments. Enjoy the SC sunshine and take care of the Rams Sunday and we are back on track!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd forgotten what it felt like: A disappointing loss.

I think our young QB played like a young QB, and our inexperienced coach coached like an inexperienced coach.

It's going to be interesting to see how they bounce back against the Rams. They are still in a great position but make no mistake, that loss hurt a lot. It shattered the air of invincibility they had built up.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we knew that wasn't going to be an easy game last night. Felt like flags were flying at us the entire game and we just couldn't get into a groove on the ground or in the air. Not challenging that forward lateral was the final nail in the coffin.

It's ok, learn from it and get them next time.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the Vikings now sit in the #1 spot.

Yeah I was coming back on here to correct myself. Damn......next week is kinda like a must win if they wanna get it back

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes will shit themselves when Aaron Rodgers comes back in a week or 2. They still have a game vs the Pack I believe.