• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure can..MJD's mock on NFL.com is about the mist logical, realistic one I've seen thus far..makes perfect sense

Well, we'll find out in a few days. ..... just see too many other needs for Browns (QB, C, OT, DE) to spend a premium pick on a RB. Heck, I've been wrong more than right in the past - but IMO, IF the Browns do not address those other glaring weaknesses they are dumber than I thought. ... Besides, they'd be screwing with my fantasy team and I know they don't want to do that. .... :nono:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we'll find out in a few days. ..... just see too many other needs for Browns (QB, C, OT, DE) to spend a premium pick on a RB. Heck, I've been wrong more than right in the past - but IMO, IF the Browns do not address those other glaring weaknesses they are dumber than I thought. ... Besides, they'd be screwing with my fantasy team and I know they don't want to do that. .... :nono:
agreed

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns see Barkley in the same light as @Ram Tough they have to take him. Some view him as a generational talent.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns see Barkley in the same light as @Ram Tough they have to take him. Some view him as a generational talent.

:agree::nod:
With a decent D, strong ground game, weapons like Gordon, Coleman, Njoku and Landry, a competent QB in Taylor..they REALLY should be doing best available, coincedently, best available fills glaring needs.. Barkley and Chubb. No question, a consensus among virtually all experts and scouts, the best two players in the draft

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::nod:
With a decent D, strong ground game, weapons like Gordon, Coleman, Njoku and Landry, a competent QB in Taylor..they REALLY should be doing best available, coincedently, best available fills glaring needs.. Barkley and Chubb. No question, a consensus among virtually all experts and scouts, the best two players in the draft

I'm obviously biased since I own Hyde and Duke in dynasty - but their defense far from decent (31st in pts allowed), they lost their center and the best OT (Thomas) in the game. Those are the real glaring needs. .... perhaps they can 'fix' some of those later in the draft but with 2 competent backs already on the payroll I just don't see an early RB pick. Been wrong many times in the past, perhaps again this yr. But if they don't address their real needs at Oline and DST, it's not going to matter who they have running the ball - they'll put up average stats. Barkley is not Barry Sanders - despite what some may say or wish. .....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm obviously biased since I own Hyde and Duke in dynasty - but their defense far from decent (31st in pts allowed), they lost their center and the best OT (Thomas) in the game. Those are the real glaring needs. .... perhaps they can 'fix' some of those later in the draft but with 2 competent backs already on the payroll I just don't see an early RB pick. Been wrong many times in the past, perhaps again this yr. But if they don't address their real needs at Oline and DST, it's not going to matter who they have running the ball - they'll put up average stats. Barkley is not Barry Sanders - despite what some may say or wish. .....
Honestly if I was Dorsey, I would trade #1. Take Barkley or Chubb at #4 and fill holes with the multitude of picks they add to their already plentiful stock. There isnt a tackle worth taking in the top 10 IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if I was Dorsey, I would trade #1. Take Barkley or Chubb at #4 and fill holes with the multitude of picks they add to their already plentiful stock. There isnt a tackle worth taking in the top 10 IMO.

Well, that could make a lot sense to target Chubb - then perhaps they trade either the 1 or 4 for a player (tackle or center) and more picks to fill holes - present and future - never know, some team may sell a lot to move up.

While it's fun to debate and 'what-if' these things, in the end it all comes down to what the Browns see as biggest needs/value. Personally, I think the Hyde signing would be a complete waste of money if they planned to take Barkley at 1 or 4.... I actually see Hyde and Duke as a strong duo. .... but as I said earlier, I've been wrong plenty of times. Wonder is Kevin Costner is gonna be running the show?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that could make a lot sense to target Chubb - then perhaps they trade either the 1 or 4 for a player (tackle or center) and more picks to fill holes - present and future - never know, some team may sell a lot to move up.

While it's fun to debate and 'what-if' these things, in the end it all comes down to what the Browns see as biggest needs/value. Personally, I think the Hyde signing would be a complete waste of money if they planned to take Barkley at 1 or 4.... I actually see Hyde and Duke as a strong duo. .... but as I said earlier, I've been wrong plenty of times. Wonder is Kevin Costner is gonna be running the show?
While I agree it would be alot of money to throw at a backup, they arent hurting for money so it would work fine. They did it for insurance in case they couldnt get Barkley at 4 maybe.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh..but if they draft Chubb and Barkley...they'd be more on the way to a strong D and a great run game..if they draft a QB..they're still playing Taylor. Take the best players available, if you must trade back into the back end if the first (they've more than got the ammo) and grab Jackson orvRudolph. (Hell by many projections they can get Rudolph with 2.1) .Still starting Taylor, still grooming an excellent QB prospect, but noe you've got some horses on D at RB..keep Duke around for sure, find a dance partner for Hyde

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree it would be alot of money to throw at a backup, they arent hurting for money so it would work fine. They did it for insurance in case they couldnt get Barkley at 4 maybe.
Ahh..but if they draft Chubb and Barkley...they'd be more on the way to a strong D and a great run game..if they draft a QB..they're still playing Taylor. Take the best players available, if you must trade back into the back end if the first (they've more than got the ammo) and grab Jackson orvRudolph. (Hell by many projections they can get Rudolph with 2.1) .Still starting Taylor, still grooming an excellent QB prospect, but noe you've got some horses on D at RB..keep Duke around for sure, find a dance partner for Hyde

We shall see next Thursday how it all plays out - as I see it 'real needs' and 'nice to have's' are far different things. We certainly all have opinions (much like the multitude of mocks I've seen which have been all over the place) and it's been fun debating, but for now I'm exiting this topic and anxiously waiting for the draft next week and the real answers to all the speculations. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view drafting Barkley when the signed Hyde the same as drafting a QB when they just traded for Taylor. Either way they recently invested in that position but if they view it as a long term improvement they should do it.

In all likelihood they take both a QB and Barkley lol

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that it's Cleveland, so whatever they end up doing is going to be wrong.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a firm believer in the new front office they have. I think they improve drastically this year. They make the playoffs next season as long as they are smart with the stockpile of picks this year,which I have every reason to believe will be the case.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see next Thursday how it all plays out - as I see it 'real needs' and 'nice to have's' are far different things. We certainly all have opinions (much like the multitude of mocks I've seen which have been all over the place) and it's been fun debating, but for now I'm exiting this topic and anxiously waiting for the draft next week and the real answers to all the speculations. ...
Real answers? What fun are those? Debating wild speculations is much more fun!

:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that it's Cleveland, so whatever they end up doing is going to be wrong.
If they pull this off, regardless of who goes where, without drafting yet another early round bust QB..I do believe we'll soon be saying that about the Bungals again while the Browns step up to challenge for the division title. Poor Cleveland fans deserve it by dawg!