• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin Johnson

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me that people enjoy watching Tiger implode but not too many people enjoyed watching Dustin Johnson implode. I guess it's because Tiger was better before his injury?

No. It's because Tiger is a narcissistic soulless robot that is incapable of telling people the truth about anything. At least that's what I heard.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt really bad for him when it happened, and also bad for Spieth because he wouldnt be able to enjoy his win they way he should.

I knew, when Day asked Johnson if he should putt out, and it took Johnson about a minute to answer, "Uh, yeah, uh, I dont care" that he was already stressing over the putt. I just knew he wouldnt make it. Then on the birdie attempt, he didnt have a chance. Just had that vibe going for him, and it was sad to watch.

If he had Day to hold off on his last putt, it would have given Johnson a little time, after missing the eagle, to collect himself a bit while Day hit his last one. Might have helped.

Oh well - as for Spieth you take them any way that you can get them. Think back on other similar outcomes (e.g. Norman losing due to unique circumstances or Van de Velve choking in the British Open). I am sure that Spieth felt much better about winning in this matter then he would have felt in taking 2nd place.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Rory was 6 in GIR ....but ranked over 100 in driving accuracy.

There is no struggling with hitting just 59% of the fairways.

I'm not sure I follow you...I think you're saying he was 6th in GIR despite his poor driving accuracy stats...agree, he's not struggling all the time, but the missed cuts in Europe shows some inconsistency when he's off with it on courses that put a premium on the fairway....when it's on, I think his driver puts him at another level.

Rory is one of the bright stars out there...but kind of like Tiger...when you're an average sized guy and power is one of your strengths you have to be concerned about longevity....that's what I referring to when I said...decade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me that people enjoy watching Tiger implode but not too many people enjoyed watching Dustin Johnson implode. I guess it's because Tiger was better before his injury?

I've always liked Tiger., but I'm not a Tiger fan. What I find amusing about his fall is now he's far more human like...tries to be one of the guys now...whereas when he was this dominating #1...he was not that great to be around in the clubhouse...kind of cold, intimidating figure. So I've heard anyway.

But...when you've hit shots in competition that Tiger has hit recently...I guess it's hard to take yourself as serious.

At least me...I never want to see a guy blow up on a green like that...he gave the eagle a good run to claim the win...have to tip your cap to him for trying that...most guys would've lagged it down there and tapped in for 4 and went into the playoff.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Tiger., but I'm not a Tiger fan. What I find amusing about his fall is now he's far more human like...tries to be one of the guys now...whereas when he was this dominating #1...he was not that great to be around in the clubhouse...kind of cold, intimidating figure. So I've heard anyway.

But...when you've hit shots in competition that Tiger has hit recently...I guess it's hard to take yourself as serious.

At least me...I never want to see a guy blow up on a green like that...he gave the eagle a good run to claim the win...have to tip your cap to him for trying that...most guys would've lagged it down there and tapped in for 4 and went into the playoff.

At the end of the day I am not going to feel sorry for Dustin Johnson since he has plenty of money & gets to go home to Paulina Gretzy. I believe that helps take the sting out of some of this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day I am not going to feel sorry for Dustin Johnson since he has plenty of money & gets to go home to Paulina Gretzy. I believe that helps take the sting out of some of this.

Agreed...not too shabby.