• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durty Sanchez traded to the Rockies

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest mid-season move the Giants can make is trading Bad Lincecum for The Freak.

Freak's body language in this last start was excellent. You could see he was into it.

Warning: IMO, we want no part of JSan. He would get up for that game, and we would see the late 2010 - version.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freak's body language in this last start was excellent. You could see he was into it.

Warning: IMO, we want no part of JSan. He would get up for that game, and we would see the late 2010 - version.

You could see that there was no fear in Timmah's eyes and that his hat was on straight. :dance:

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thx msg

One caveat on Timmy. His status is as reliable as his last start. Almost have to take a Durty approach to his starts, bracing for a meltdown inning

I disagree...to some extent. Sanchez has a history of start to start..sometimes inning to inning inconsistencies. Timmy has shown once before (and hopefully this time) that he can get out of whack for a series of starts and then figures it out and is money for an extended time.

My hope is that this continues...just another weird situation with him like 2010.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree...to some extent. Sanchez has a history of start to start..sometimes inning to inning inconsistencies. Timmy has shown once before (and hopefully this time) that he can get out of whack for a series of starts and then figures it out and is money for an extended time.

My hope is that this continues...just another weird situation with him like 2010.

Timmeh has earned a LOT more rope than Durty, no doubt. However, when you are arguably the WORST SP in all of baseball for a full 1/2 season, that rope begins to get frayed, and it is completely fair for fans to SERIOUSLY question his reliability and future role. And to do so is not FUD, pantshattery, or whatever other Hoople-Meme you want to use.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmeh has earned a LOT more rope than Durty, no doubt. However, when you are arguably the WORST SP in all of baseball for a full 1/2 season, that rope begins to get frayed, and it is completely fair for fans to SERIOUSLY question his reliability and future role. And to do so is not FUD, pantshattery, or whatever other Hoople-Meme you want to use.

Just to be clear:

Reasonable fan: I'm worried that Timmy may never be the CY contender he used to be
Pantshatter: FUCK, that's three consecutive walks in the second inning, we're fucked. This game is over.
FUD: Timmy's done; buy him out or just release him.