• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant needs give back his MVP award

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has a solid supporting cast but they're not Championship worthy. As a whole team, the Spurs are completly better. Spurs has more sophisticated plays and they are one of the best at executing their plays. They're constantly moving on offense while the Thunder stands around and play 1 on 1 ball.

It's not that KD needs a better supporting cast but he's need one that fits and compliment his game. To win a championship they need to look into making major moves. I think they should get rid of Perkins, slide Ibaka to the 5 spot, maybe trade westbrook for K. Love.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All questioning aside......Its unfair to compare Durant to Lebron.

Lebron might be the greatest player in the history of the game.

Despite all the hatred sent his way, LBJ might end up with zero peers including MJ.

Durant is a great player, but Lebron is on some stratosphere with guys like Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montana......

:laugh3::laugh3:

And you insult, Montana, Ruth and Gretz uttering LBJ in the same breath...

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst MVPS were those Steve Nash years.

His teams did nothing and he was not even remotely the best player those seasons.

Nash wasn't the best player but he was defintly the most valuble to his team. He was one of the best at making his teammates around him better, something Kobe was not great at. If you look at the careers of the players he played with in Phoenix, you would see a huge diffence between their number when playing with Nash and the Suns vs when they played for other teams. Key example, Amare Soudemire made the All-NBA 1st team in 07 and 2nd team 4 other times with Nash. After he left was a whole different story.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well in durants defense lets see if the heat can get it done too because if OKC played in the East they would be in the finals right now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well in durants defense lets see if the heat can get it done too because if OKC played in the East they would have also lost in the conference finals.QUOTE]

There. FIFY.

What's your reasoning for saying that OK City wins 4/7 from the Heat?
Can't be anything that you've seen from when they've met in actual games.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well in durants defense lets see if the heat can get it done too because if OKC played in the East they would have also lost in the conference finals.QUOTE]

There. FIFY.

What's your reasoning for saying that OK City wins 4/7 from the Heat?
Can't be anything that you've seen from when they've met in actual games.

I should have been more clear if OKC were in Miami's position and the heat played in the west who knows if the heat would have made it out of the western conference finals but i believe OKC would have beaten the bobcats, nets, and pacers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have been more clear if OKC were in Miami's position and the heat played in the west who knows if the heat would have made it out of the western conference finals but i believe OKC would have beaten the bobcats, nets, and pacers

Fair enough.
I 90% agree with this.
I'd give the Pacers the 10% chance if they had HC.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to agree here. to say LeClown's the greatest who ever laced 'em up i think says more about the state of the NBA than it does his individual "greatness"...

LeClown is the best player in the NBA right now and will be for a few more years, but he is not the best ever to have laced up and in fact he is not even in the top 20 to have ever played the game. To be calling Leclown the best ever is showing a complete disrespect and stupidity for the game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeClown is the best player in the NBA right now and will be for a few more years, but he is not the best ever to have laced up and in fact he is not even in the top 20 to have ever played the game. To be calling Leclown the best ever is showing a complete disrespect and stupidity for the game

Yep, right now no. But eventually, maybe so.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a fact? Really? Would love to see your top 20 where Lebron doesn't show up.

In any case this thread was about Durant. Sad to see it get hijacked.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is given out with the optimism that the recipient will live up to the award in the post season.

Like Dirk did when his Mavs got knocked out in the 1st round by the Warriors.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid supporting cast? That's a good one. You do realize that damn near all of their points tonight came from 4 players and only 5 players scored tonight?

I agree , OKC's bench sucked. Dumb thread. I would like to see Durant put on a little muscle though, I love him as a player but he does have some shortcomings but to say he needs to give the MVP back is just stupid.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about OKC getting a guy that can rebound and score down in the paint. That's what OKC needs. No go to guy down low, plus San Antonio outrebounded them. San Antonio simply put was the better team.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should take criticism for the last 2 seasons but it's not all on him. The one time he made it to the finals he had a great team that could have competed for a long time but the team decided to trade Harden, keep Perkins, and not get a coach that can actually run an offense. Add the fact that Westbrook misses quite a few games and Durant has to carry a huge load. Similar to what Lebron had to do in Cleveland.

Fair to question how long OKC's window is. They really need some bench help. Someone who could score. Think they had someone like that 2 years ago.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MpZWPrPDzbu

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are the best in town now, with Ballmer and his billions the Clippers will only get better while the Lakers are stuck at the bottom with Kobe's crippling contract. Let me take a moment to laugh at you lakers fans

:lol::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

This is a Lakers town & the Clippers are the biggest joke in NBA history & a disgrace & have been for many years, nobody gives a shit in this town about them. Bunch of bandwagon kid fans, let me know when you actually win a title, in the mean time make sure you keep paying AEG & the Lakers rent money for Staples Center, thank you. :rofl:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should take criticism for the last 2 seasons but it's not all on him. The one time he made it to the finals he had a great team that could have competed for a long time but the team decided to trade Harden, keep Perkins, and not get a coach that can actually run an offense. Add the fact that Westbrook misses quite a few games and Durant has to carry a huge load. Similar to what Lebron had to do in Cleveland.

Fair to question how long OKC's window is. They really need some bench help. Someone who could score. Think they had someone like that 2 years ago.

The load durant had to carry is nowhere near what LeBron did in cleveland. Durant wouldn't have even made it out of the first round this year if Reggie Jackson and Westbrook weren't there to save the day