• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duel in the Desert

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha wow! You guys have one good season and all of a sudden you're the cream of the crop? Please. Get off your high horse bro and quit talking like ASU football is has always been a national contender of sorts. Some of your comments hilarious and goes to show how little you actually know.

we're better coached.
Well this is certainly debatable. Just because you guys had a great year does not automatically mean your coach is better. The primary reason ASU has played better than UofA is because of personell IMO. Fraud Todd inherited a team with better talent and that's a fact! Stoops basically stopped recruiting in his final years and as we all know, college athletics is mostly about recruiting.

And before you bring up the "It's a rivalry, anything can happen" argument just know that I find that as an excuse.
Really???? If you've actually watched the last several rivalry games, you'd know that "it's a rivalry and ANYTHING CAN AND DOES HAPPEN!" Once again, get off your high horse. If you recall, the past several years, the favorite team has lost! And have lost on their own field! So yes, I'm absolutely buying into the "anything can happen" motto because I've personally witnessed this many a times.

top-10 attack that's MUCH more diversified than Oregon's
So now you're better than Oregon?! Haha come on man. What's your logic based from? This makes no sense especially considering the fact that Oregon has better offensive numbers than ASU.

Oregon: 6308 total yards and 47.7 PTS/G
ASU: 5201 and 41.9 PTS/G

So where exactly are you more diversified than Oregon?

Listen, I'm not trying to take anything away from your season but to talk like this is just silly. I understand you're excited about winning the South, as you should be, but don't talk nonsense just because. ASU is a very good team and they are deserving of their accomplishment this year. I fully expect this game to be a good one and may the best team win.

Oh and btw, I didn't know you played Auburn this weekend. Good luck.

Better Coached:

Overall Head Coaching Record,

Rich Rod
135-93-2 (.592)

Todd Graham
65-36 (.644)

Bowl Game Record,

Rich Rod
3-4

Todd Graham
3-1

Times Fired,

Rich Rod

Todd Graham

Current Team Record,

Rich Rod
15-9 (.625)

Todd Graham
16-7 (.700)

Rivalry Game Argument:

Are you implying that somehow these players magically play better because of a rivalry? Nerves vanish after the first hit. Good teams don't get too high or too low.. Last year after you dancecapade we stayed the course and put a beat down on you in the 4th. You let emotion get in the way of a game you lose. ASU is different THIS CURRENT PROGRAM is 1-0 vs AU because we play the game hard every week. Is this game more important, yes. Does that change how we play? No.

Oregon Argument:

BCS Ranking

ASU #12
Oregon #13

Never wrote that we have a "better offense" than Oregon. Read what I write. I wrote that we have a more diversified offense. We run Pistol, Zone Read, Option, Shotgun, Pro-Set, Twin Backs, Spread, Power, Devil-Cat.. We do this because there are so many different defenses in the PAC. AU runs a 3-3-5 Defense.. So we'll adapt our offense to attack that.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is a better recruiter ever since he's come in even this year. Graham>Rich "I can't play defense" Rod. Sit your asses down Rich Rod got all these new facility's and he still can't out recruit Graham run along now.........

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is a better recruiter ever since he's come in even this year. Graham>Rich "I can't play defense" Rod. Sit your asses down Rich Rod got all these new facility's and he still can't out recruit Graham run along now.........

And that's not even counting the big ones to come. I think we get at least two-three of these, Lauderdale, Lazarus, Smallwood, Richard, Tucker, and Dixon.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get used to it bitches!

0C0E3F82F04AA84E03E73AFFE00854D37502875449374349538-1.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol oh man, where do I start? First off all, Fraud Todd hasn't been fired because he always LEAVES after a short stay haha. Not only that, he didn't even have the decency to tell his players at Pitt that he was leaving for yet another 'dream job' in person; he sent them a text! How shady is that?

Also, you mentioned Grahams vs RR's bowl record. You can't even compare the two! Who exactly did Graham beat? Bowling Green and Ball State???? Or how about Navy? RR has coached in actual BCS games such as the Sugar and Gator bowl. He beat the likes of Oklahoma, Georgia, and Georgia Tech. In other words, competition that's considered just a tad better than Ball State. Would you agree?

Finally, when you imply that you're offense is more diverse than Oregon's in the way you wrote it, then you're basically saying that ASU's offense is better than Oregon's. Need I say more?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod sucks he can't recruit defense bro. Graham can so.......... I don't understand what your saying why are Graham's recruits better? With less impressive facility's move along.......

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homework time with Jahii.

All societies eventually evolve from a band to a state.
True or False?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settlement archaeologists seek to find out the size and scale of a society.

True or False?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of the following polity had the most complex social structure?

A.Band
B.State
C.Chiefdom
D.Tribe

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol oh man, where do I start? First off all, Fraud Todd hasn't been fired because he always LEAVES after a short stay haha. Not only that, he didn't even have the decency to tell his players at Pitt that he was leaving for yet another 'dream job' in person; he sent them a text! How shady is that?

Also, you mentioned Grahams vs RR's bowl record. You can't even compare the two! Who exactly did Graham beat? Bowling Green and Ball State???? Or how about Navy? RR has coached in actual BCS games such as the Sugar and Gator bowl. He beat the likes of Oklahoma, Georgia, and Georgia Tech. In other words, competition that's considered just a tad better than Ball State. Would you agree?

Finally, when you imply that you're offense is more diverse than Oregon's in the way you wrote it, then you're basically saying that ASU's offense is better than Oregon's. Need I say more?

Rich Rod had success in the Big Least. Once he moved to a real conference he led Michigan to their worst stretch in school history.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this being a close, defensive game for the 3 quarters and then an explosion by ASU in the fourth, similar to last year.

The better defense always wins games like this and while UA's is much improved from last year they don't have the depth to keep up for 4 quarters. I'd like to see them come out in 2 TE sets and run the ball down their throats just like the first half of the UCLA game.

If Grice is more hurt than they're letting on I'd rather he just sit out this game. If we want a chance vs. Stanford we'll need him and Foster and Lewis will be more than enough against UA. Nelson could take the carries on the goal line.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are you even still trying to discuss this?

Todd Graham vs. Rich Rod Head-to-Head:

1-0

"Well he inherited more talent." Ok, let's take a look.

Rivals:
2011 UA #55 ASU #57
2010 UA #37 ASU #35
2009 UA #45 ASU #30

Averages UA 45.67 ASU 40.67

Scout
2011 UA #70 ASU #64
2010 UA #39 ASU #26
2009 UA #47 ASU #36

Averages UA 52 ASU 42

Yes, he did.. but only slightly... But regardless, both of these coaches have had two recruiting cycles and one full cycle to get their guys. Graham recruited some major JC talent and developed Ericksons recruits better than Erickson could ever have. The proof of that is in the pudding as they say. Watch how many players get drafted from this Graham coached team compared to Erickson's teams.

I'm not even addressing the Pitt comments because obviously you're ignorant of the situation that transpired. I guess that reflects poorly on you and your education for not doing the research.

Competition in the Pac is the same and Graham has done better there. Like 08 said, Rich Rod did horribly at Michigan and therefore is now working at AU. Can you compare the two in the PAC? Yes. Can you compare the two head-to-head? Yes. Is overall record and bowl record prudent? Yes. Do I think the coach that took ASU to the PAC 12 Championship in two years when we couldn't win more than 6 games is better than what the AU coach has done so far? Yes.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read that article that the computers actually had us a #6 BCS?

I knew the computers had us high, but I didn't know it was #6. We deserve to be top-10. I mean, we've beat a lot of great teams this year. If we didn't stub our toe against ND, we'd be talking at large bid. Just telling my buddies to enjoy this because Todd Graham's are rare. Love our coach!

*needs to recruit better in state though :)

Last edited by a moderator: