• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs at OKC 11/29/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Andre tonight to hit the game winning shot, Dubs on the road, 3rd game of the 4 game road trip.

Dubs need a bounce back again after coming out flat vs DAL, time to get their track shoes on and run, it was nice to see 34 FT attempts as team, but that's not our style. Play good defense, secure the defensive rebound and push it.

Klay and HB will be tested having to guard KD all night.

Hoping Dubs squeeze it out 115-109?

Happy Turkey Day Weekend everyone, y'all have a favorite food on Turkey day? Besides the Turkey, mine would have to be Sweet Potatoe Pie and Pumpkie Pie.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be ridiculously hard to take out OKC on this one, especially on their home turf. Not having Iggy to shadow Durant will be a serious issue in this game. The Dubbs had Curry, Klay, and Lee score in double figures against Dallas but they will need a 4th person (Barnes?) to do that if they have any chance of winning this game.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Andre tonight to hit the game winning shot, Dubs on the road, 3rd game of the 4 game road trip.

Dubs need a bounce back again after coming out flat vs DAL, time to get their track shoes on and run, it was nice to see 34 FT attempts as team, but that's not our style. Play good defense, secure the defensive rebound and push it.

Klay and HB will be tested having to guard KD all night.

Hoping Dubs squeeze it out 115-109?

Happy Turkey Day Weekend everyone, y'all have a favorite food on Turkey day? Besides the Turkey, mine would have to be Sweet Potatoe Pie and Pumpkie Pie.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
I'm thinking the Warriors will also have Green trying to slow Durant down. But I don't think any of them will have much effect, quite honestly. (I likewise think they're going to have Thompson trying to contain Westbrook, so it'll have to be Barnes and Green on Durant.)

I do think that Barnes has shown more life coming off the bench, where he's been more aggressive offensively. In light of this, with Iggy out, I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson mix things up and have Green start at SF and take on Durant to start. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd like to see it.

All things considered, I don't think the W's have much of a shot today. The only consolation I have is that lately my assumptions/expectations have turned out to be wrong, so hopefully that will be the case again today.

And to more relevant news, I make an awesome version of mashed potatoes with a little bit of horseradish and caramelized onions mixed in. Put that with a good gravy, and it's the most amazing part of the meal. Everybody comes back for seconds on that one.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to more relevant news, I make an awesome version of mashed potatoes with a little bit of horseradish and caramelized onions mixed in. Put that with a good gravy, and it's the most amazing part of the meal. Everybody comes back for seconds on that one.

Gravy like Bacon makes everything better :nod::nod::nod:

Like most folks, I'm trying to eat better and exercise more, but when the Holidays come around, the belt has to loosen up a few notches each year.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they stop running these stupid iso/post-up plays too much, they might not win any game. Honestly, it's just completely opposite to what this team's strengths are. Everything falls apart when they go to that repeatedly, and they keep doing it despite it's obvious ineffectiveness.

So my keys are:

1. Stop iso/post-ups except in moderation where appropriate (I mean like a few times a game, and not with David Lee).

2. Ball movement. If they achieve #1, this probably takes care of itself, so really that's 2 birds with 1 stone.

3. Klay needs to knock down some open jumpers. Can't put all the team's woes on his shoulders, but he's the shooting guard and we're only getting the shooting like once every other game, that's not good enough. He had a wide, wide open 3 late in the 4th quarter in the Dallas game that Curry worked hard to get him, and he muffed it.

4. Take care of the ball. Goes without saying, but they need to do better. When they play an uptempo style I can live with more turnovers because the benefits generally outweigh the liabilities. But they need to at least cut down on the dumb, unforced ones like stepping out of bounds, dribbling it off your foot, traveling before you drive (I'm looking at you, Harrison Barnes), Curry's lazy one-handed passes, etc.

5. Cut down on the dumb reach-in fouls. Especially for critical guys. We suck when Curry or Bogut are sitting with foul trouble and they both commit a lot of unnecessary fouls. If one of them does get in foul trouble, play smart and give up the basket when you are beaten instead of a futile attempt to send the other team to the line. They will probably hit the foul shots anyway (or even get 3) and you just took yourself out of the game for nothing.

6. Curry needs to stop sloughing off his man to help under the basket, that is not productive and he's not quick enough to get back to contest a 3 point shot. This happens a lot.

7. Curry needs to be aggressive from the opening tip. Many games he just seems to sleep-walk through the first half and then try to turn it on late in the game, when they are already in a hole. Dallas game was a perfect example of this.

I kind of beat up on Steph a lot there, but hey, he's our star player and apparently one of the top players in the NBA. More is expected of him, it comes with the territory, he needs to start living up to it. The talent is there, but he's not playing to his full potential right now. He's not locked and fully engaged for 48 minutes yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be tough sledding tonight against a team that I'm sure feels like they owe us a beating. I don't expect this one to be close.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YouTube is withholding Warriors fans video's.
Find this on tubemate or a similar downloader to enjoy.

Copy of Stephen Curry Rookie to Superstar
By Thechurromaniac

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they stop running these stupid iso/post-up plays too much, they might not win any game. Honestly, it's just completely opposite to what this team's strengths are. Everything falls apart when they go to that repeatedly, and they keep doing it despite it's obvious ineffectiveness.

So my keys are:

3. Klay needs to knock down some open jumpers. Can't put all the team's woes on his shoulders, but he's the shooting guard and we're only getting the shooting like once every other game, that's not good enough. He had a wide, wide open 3 late in the 4th quarter in the Dallas game that Curry worked hard to get him, and he muffed it.

I kind of beat up on Steph a lot there, but hey, he's our star player and apparently one of the top players in the NBA. More is expected of him, it comes with the territory, he needs to start living up to it. The talent is there, but he's not playing to his full potential right now. He's not locked and fully engaged for 48 minutes yet.

I'm going to step in and defend Klay a bit, he's been on most consistent scorer, and best defender this year.

We can say Andre and Steph are better scorers, defenders, but they have missed games this year, Klay has played in all of them? Klay's also made it a point to drive to the hole to get fouled, which most folks have asked for since his rookie year.

I'm hoping JO returns to form and plays better defense for us off the bench. We need the bench to step up tonight.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first break this one looks like it's all it's been billed up to be. I noticed that stat on Westbrook (39%) but didn't think anything of it. He has 10 so far and he's hitting jump shots.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H Ba is really starting to show us something new with his passing skills. Nice alley-oop to Bogut that will make the half time highlights.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO gets into it a little bit with Thunder rookie Adams and gets T'd up. There's the statement.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors grab their first lead of the game on a play the ball touched all five players hands and JO finished.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Money the offense is looking pretty stagnated with Barnes off the court isn't it?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err.... Klay is 1 for 10 right now, but the Dubs are matching the Thunder.

I guess Klay wasn't paying attention to Money's pre game keys.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs working hard, down 54-51 at the half. Any thoughts on what we need to see in the second half?