• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Roundup

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this draft an A - for the Denver Broncos

Lynch is a very plausible starter (in a year or two) - seems to fit the offense - has the highest ceiling of draft eligible QBs and is in top development hands (Thank you says Oz). Finally - IMO - a guy who can execute the bootleg and the reverse boot -and a guy who won't fall down on incidental contact.

Gotsis - If Kollar wanted him - and the scouting report I read said he plays with his hair on fire - I'm thinking the Broncos found a guy playing out of position in college - who is perfect for what they want to do.

Justin Simmons - Great value pick at the end of the 3rd -round and just so happens to be exactly the Broncos greatest roster need - Safety. I'm really excited to see him play. Simmons also seems to have a clear path to being a starter.

Devontae Booker - The fans will really like Booker -and I do think he will beat out CJ eventually. I say that more out of CJs history of injury - than out of any assessment of his fire to succeed.

Andy Janovick - FB - brings those plays back to Kubiak's playbook - will probably pay for his keep on Special teams. This guy was a Korn legend and a great leader and teammate.

I have high hopes for Parks - and then there's the Punter - who I wish well.

Those are a lot of potential starters for one draft - and of course, they have only been on the team for a few hours. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this draft an A - for the Denver Broncos

Lynch is a very plausible starter (in a year or two) - seems to fit the offense - has the highest ceiling of draft eligible QBs and is in top development hands (Thank you says Oz). Finally - IMO - a guy who can execute the bootleg and the reverse boot -and a guy who won't fall down on incidental contact.

Gotsis - If Kollar wanted him - and the scouting report I read said he plays with his hair on fire - I'm thinking the Broncos found a guy playing out of position in college - who is perfect for what they want to do.

Justin Simmons - Great value pick at the end of the 3rd -round and just so happens to be exactly the Broncos greatest roster need - Safety. I'm really excited to see him play. Simmons also seems to have a clear path to being a starter.

Devontae Booker - The fans will really like Booker -and I do think he will beat out CJ eventually. I say that more out of CJs history of injury - than out of any assessment of his fire to succeed.

Andy Janovick - FB - brings those plays back to Kubiak's playbook - will probably pay for his keep on Special teams. This guy was a Korn legend and a great leader and teammate.

I have high hopes for Parks - and then there's the Punter - who I wish well.

Those are a lot of potential starters for one draft - and of course, they have only been on the team for a few hours. ;)

You forgot Connor McGovern.

I do agree with all that you said here except I'm honestly starting to think that Lynch will be starting for us sooner than many people think.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Connor McGovern.

I do agree with all that you said here except I'm honestly starting to think that Lynch will be starting for us sooner than many people think.

The way fans are today I agree. I'd like Lynch to sit in 16 but, no way that happens . Fans already expect Sanchez to totally fail one mistake you'll hear Lynch Lynch.. Sanchez is on a tight rope really hard situation

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way fans are today I agree. I'd like Lynch to sit in 16 but, no way that happens . Fans already expect Sanchez to totally fail one mistake you'll hear Lynch Lynch.. Sanchez is on a tight rope really hard situation

For me it is not so much that Sanchez fails in that I do think the Broncos can simplify the offense enough to take advantage of what Lynch does well. They don't have to introduce him to the entire playbook for him to be ready to start.

The other part of this is I have listened to a lot of his ex-coaches talk about him and they all said the kid is a sponge that loves to learn and picks things up very quickly. So while he is very raw I don't think it will take as long as some think for him to be ready.

Now maybe I am being a bit optimistic in such a prediction as we just got done watching a guy develop for 4 years and still struggle with some of the basics of being an NFL QB but Lynch because of his athleticism can be thrown out a little earlier as they can ask him to go through 2 reads then take off running and still make it a positive play.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch beats out Sanchez, so be it. I'm guessing he won't but if he does I suppose that's good for the long run. A rookie QB coming in and leading the defending champs to a repeat? That would be awesome!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Siemian will be a factor, but If Sanchez is beaten up by the end of the season - I can easily see Lynch going in to the run some of the offense as a stop gap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to give it a B until we signed Bralon Addison... Now it bumps up. :)

I feel like this is the most ESPN Kiper, McShay has ever talked our draft up. Usually seems like we just kinda have that draft nobody really talks about, but this year we got some love.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think about it - it was almost uncanny to draft Simmons, McGovern and Booker as consecutive value picks that filled an apparent roster need in a run of 3 rounds. Throw in the move to get Lynch -in the nick of time -while also getting guys the coaches really wanted in Gotsis and Parks. I'm warming up to Dixon too.

What we are witnessing is John Elway playing the FO like he quarterbacked on the field. The chances are the Broncos won't repeat as Super Bowl Champs - that's what makes consecutive wins so sweet. Two in a row or not it is unquestionably a great time to be a Bronco fan! Elway's timing is always dramatic, on target and successful a reliable amount of times.

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like our first five picks, which just never happens.

The move to get Lynch was brilliant. Elway was very patient because I thought that we would need to move up to 17 in order to get him. Instead we waited and the price was considerably cheaper. Plus, when I read that Jerry Jones couldn't sleep that night because he didn't overpay to move up, it became all the sweeter.

I never like Elway's second rounders. When Gotsis was named it just reinforced that thought. As with others, enough has been written to believe the pick will be solid. If he can actually be another Wolfe, it will be a great pick.

Lastly I questioned the Janovick pick, but when Elway stated that he was the best special teams played they scouted, I was sold. After losing Bruton we badly needed a player like this!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another wrap up article by Renck:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29838313/broncos-getting-younger.html

Troy said exactly what I've been thinking in his last sentence. "But it was the move up early for Lynch that will ultimately determine the success of this draft class."

If we hit on Lynch, this draft will be a success regardless of what any of the other draftees do. What I like is that we didn't give up so much for Lynch that if he busts, this could still be a decent class if 3 or 4 of the others become starters. Why I think this will be a good to great draft class.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I`m pretty excited to see not only how the draft picks pan out but also the UDFA`s they signed and brought in.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Peyton to Paxton. Pretty nice symmetry! Paxton reminds me of Flacco or Rothlisberger. Both of those quarterbacks played their rookie year on teams with a strong running game and world class defense with damn good results. Could we be seeing the same pattern here? Should be fun to watch this kid develop in camp!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another wrap up article by Renck:

Denver Broncos stake future on getting younger and better

Troy said exactly what I've been thinking in his last sentence. "But it was the move up early for Lynch that will ultimately determine the success of this draft class."

If we hit on Lynch, this draft will be a success regardless of what any of the other draftees do. What I like is that we didn't give up so much for Lynch that if he busts, this could still be a decent class if 3 or 4 of the others become starters. Why I think this will be a good to great draft class.

Renck was on the radio this morning and they asked him to give the draft a grade. He pretty much said what you have here. He gave the draft a B with a chance to be an A+ if Lynch works out. Really any draft that you can find a franchise QB automatically gets bumped up to an A+ no matter how the other picks work out. And like you said the nice thing is we didn't sacrifice our future like the other 2 teams picking QB's in the 1st round did. We traded a late 3rd round pick. So essentially we traded a Michael Schofield to move up and get our guy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved our Draft I really did ..But I really wish we would of dug in and drafted one last DE with a few more sacks

I do like what I see with Gotsis in that he is a disrupter for sure ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you really look at Jackson his sack number are not that high it was more him being in the backfield all the time type a thing

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jackson was a complete player and had a high level of QB pressures, a very underrated stat the doesn't go on the back of his topps football card. Plus he was good vs the run.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jackson was a complete player and had a high level of QB pressures, a very underrated stat the doesn't go on the back of his topps football card. Plus he was good vs the run.

I do think that is where Gotsis can make an immediate impact in the run game. I loved that even when double teamed most plays he really held his own. He didn't give up ground even for being a smaller guy on the inside. He plays well with leverage. I think that is problem with so many college guys in their 1st step causes them to stand straight up allowing an OL guy to get their hands on them and drive them straight back.