• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doom and Gloom Draft grades

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we have no intention to re-signing Curl.
For what it's worth JP on his pod says he doesn't see Fuller being let go this season and the plan is to re-sign Curl.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth JP on his pod says he doesn't see Fuller being let go this season and the plan is to re-sign Curl.

IF that is the case, we have tremendous depth in the secondary. I thought the intention was to start Forbes and Martin this year. Are they down on Forrest? Who will be the backup?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF that is the case, we have tremendous depth in the secondary. I thought the intention was to start Forbes and Martin this year. Are they down on Forrest? Who will be the backup?
Why would they be down on Forrest ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is likely the odd man out.

so we drafted this guy in the 2nd round to sit the bench? All reports said the two rookies are starting.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that Martin took McCanns spot and Forbes took Fullers.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we drafted this guy in the 2nd round to sit the bench? All reports said the two rookies are starting.

We drafted Quan to compete. We drafted him because Fuller will be done after this season.

I expect one of two scenarios. The first is BSJ and Forbes outside with Fuller in the slot and Forrest and Curl at safety. The second is Forbes moves inside so he can keep his eyes more in the backfield to jump routes.

I would expect Quran to get chances but you are asking for a lot to have a rookie in the second come in and start over established veterans.

You have likely read a single report that stated Washington draft players to start in the first two rounds to start right away…which is complete BS. We drafted Mathis in the second, knowing full well he wasn’t starting over Allen and Payne.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted Quan to compete. We drafted him because Fuller will be done after this season.

I expect one of two scenarios. The first is BSJ and Forbes outside with Fuller in the slot and Forrest and Curl at safety. The second is Forbes moves inside so he can keep his eyes more in the backfield to jump routes.

I would expect Quran to get chances but you are asking for a lot to have a rookie in the second come in and start over established veterans.

You have likely read a single report that stated Washington draft players to start in the first two rounds to start right away…which is complete BS. We drafted Mathis in the second, knowing full well he wasn’t starting over Allen and Payne.

I understand Mathis. Fuller in the slot would be in dime coverages. Who plays big nickel when we are in 4-2-5? We are in this defense most of the time. Martin was supposed to replace McCanns snaps. MCCann had alot of snaps last year. Are they expecting FUller to take over those snaps this year?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Mathis. Fuller in the slot would be in dime coverages. Who plays big nickel when we are in 4-2-5? We are in this defense most of the time. Martin was supposed to replace McCanns snaps. MCCann had alot of snaps last year. Are they expecting FUller to take over those snaps this year?

Bobby McCain…not McCann…is 5’11”, 192

Kendall Fuller is 5’11” 198.

I am not sure what you mean by big nickel. From there, you are looking at things through a lens of check marks. You put the best players on the field, even if they don’t fit what you have decided a player should look like...they did that with Forbes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby McCain…not McCann…is 5’11”, 192

Kendall Fuller is 5’11” 198.

I am not sure what you mean by big nickel. From there, you are looking at things through a lens of check marks. You put the best players on the field, even if they don’t fit what you have decided a player should look like...they did that with Forbes.

big nickel or Buffalo nickel. You never heard this before? They have been saying they wanted to replace McCain. I thought they did that with Martin. Sure, they can try Fuller there. Fuller was actually the slot CB when we first drafted him here. Forbes fits b/c of his coverage ability and ball hawk ability. That is why they drafted him in the 1st. Nevermind his weight.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big nickel or Buffalo nickel. You never heard this before? They have been saying they wanted to replace McCain. I thought they did that with Martin. Sure, they can try Fuller there. Fuller was actually the slot CB when we first drafted him here. Forbes fits b/c of his coverage ability and ball hawk ability. That is why they drafted him in the 1st. Nevermind his weight.

How is McCain big? I simply showed you that Fuller is bigger.

So you think Quan is the literal replacement for McCain? In a way he is…he takes that roster spot. MCCain did nothing special that can’t be replaced by several other players.

Think about it for a moment. Who do you think is starting in your five person scenario? Are they going to move BSJ or Fuller to safety, neither of which has any experience there? Are they going to bench BSJ or Fuller and his 11 million dollars? You and everybody else completely discount Butler as well, like he doesn’t even exist.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is McCain big? I simply showed you that Fuller is bigger.

So you think Quan is the literal replacement for McCain? In a way he is…he takes that roster spot. MCCain did nothing special that can’t be replaced by several other players.

Think about it for a moment. Who do you think is starting in your five person scenario? Are they going to move BSJ or Fuller to safety, neither of which has any experience there? Are they going to bench BSJ or Fuller and his 11 million dollars? You and everybody else completely discount Butler as well, like he doesn’t even exist.

With the results of the draft, I thought It would be BSJ, Forbes, Martin, Curl and Forrest starting most of the time in the 4-2-5. I thought they would have moved on from Fuller b/c of his big contract. Backups being Danzler and Johsnon for Cb's and Butler and Reaves for S, as the backups

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the results of the draft, I thought It would be BSJ, Forbes, Martin, Curl and Forrest starting most of the time in the 4-2-5. I thought they would have moved on from Fuller b/c of his big contract. Backups being Danzler and Johsnon for Cb's and Butler and Reaves for S, as the backups

And yet you completely dismiss statements that show no intention of moving on from Fuller.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you completely dismiss statements that show no intention of moving on from Fuller.

I just saw what ksbo just posted, that is why I am reacting to it. From ksbo's post it looks like Fuller is staying.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Dad is so upset about how we draft. There is no doubt in my mind of his that JMS and Torrance would be day one starters and immediate upgrades…and in our opinion, a better draft value and higher rated in general than somebody like Quan.