• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't be surprised if you see some more FF on the NFL Network

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys may or may not know. I am a graphic designer with a strong background in product package and label design and graphic design in general. I have always had a passion for the product marketing industry because there exists a very fierce competition level to make a product design stand out among the many competitors on the market and I love that challenge. I pride myself in designing the most eye catching, best selling products that I can and over the last few years I have really blossomed in this industry. I believe I am becoming one of the best product designers around and have produced some of the best designs available in the industry over the last year or so.

You are probably wondering where I am going with this. Well I will tell you. I am telling you all this because I am very mad at myself for not been able to find a way to combine my two greatest passions to make a profit, product design and fantasy football.

I have always valued myself as someone with a good ability to see an opportunity. When I first started playing fantasy football the flashing lights started going nuts. I knew right away that this game was gonna be around for a long time. That was about 8 years ago when it was just gaining some traction. I am so mad that I have yet to come up with a winning idea to capitalize on it and I am starting to fear that time is running out and I may miss a golden opportunity.

I feel that in the past that the central nervous system of all of football (the NFL Network) has been so behind the times and clueless when it came to fantasy football that there had to be a way to capitalize on it. I no longer feel that way. The NFL network has fully gotten wind, gotten hip to, had the light bulb go on about how to start capitalizing on this and I guarantee that your going to start seeing it promoted everywhere this year by Rich Eison and all the fellows and gals.

I must say it absolutely amazes me that it took them so long to finally figure it out. I mean what did they think the ratings kept jumping every year for. It is really quite unbelievable to me that no one at the network seemed to have any real clue until now. It's not rocket science after all.

Anyway, the point to this whole post here is to send out a distress signal to the competitors out there while there is still time. To challenge you all in your spare time to come up with an idea or two or to at least maybe spur an idea or two for a new fantasy football product that we can bring to market and actually put on a shelve of a store.

Like Treff said in a post I read today, we have become and everyday are becoming more and more a very close nit community and I believe we can accomplish many things together as a group. I'd like to see us all profit from this hobby we love because we all put so much darn time onto it. I mean my gosh just imagine Joe, Wil or lefty figuring out how many hours each one of us has spent typing away at our computers writing posts about the MBBRL over the years, lol. It's a lot!

So to you I say this. When you are laying in your bed at night and if something hits you or when your reading the paper on the throne and a bulb goes off in your head I'd like to hear it. If we hit on something we will all know it instantly. It won't take but a second if the right idea is presented. It will click instantly. So get the juices flowing and if you think of something let it be known. If not then just disregard this message because it is entirely possible I have had too much time on my hands tonight.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not sure about all the rest of the stuff..that was an awful long read. And keep at it Foot, sooner or later, you might strike gold. But yes, they're very aware, and it was already everywhere last year, hard to imagine them going even heavier, but no it wouldn't shock me if they tried it.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea sorry for the long read and thanks for the encouragement Treff. I am working hard to find some idea but like they say many hands make light work and call me crazy but I know everyone pretty well now and there are a lot off creative types in the room so I figured I would throw it out there and see what sticks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm still of the opinion that MWHS was an overall great idea..but for whatever reason, it just never got organized or whatever the correct word I'm Searching for may be

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWHS was a great idea and still is but I am not talking about a website. There are so many out there now. There are ABSOLUTELY NO products available in stores for fantasy football other than magazines.

A site is also so very hard to make an immediate profit, any real money from a fantasy football site only comes when you start getting millions of hits PER DAY and to do that you have to have the capitol in place to pay a search engine optimizer to keep it on the first page of google and yahoo and the like on a daily basis because there are so many sites dedicated to fantasy football now a days.

That would be very costly but MWHS is always on the table. Creating and up keeping a site is very time consuming. Developing a product is much easier design speaking and can have an instant payout, but hey I am game for anything.

I will say that I felt over whelmed last year from what seemed like a lot of pressure to get things done on the site and when i couldn't and wanted to post something on the site I felt eye brows raising as if people were wondering what the heck i was doing posting and not staying in my office working on the site. It started feeling uncomfortable and not being able to move at my own pace made me feel unappreciated and i understand guys just wanted it done asap so i am not made just trying to express my feelings about last years attempt. Maybe this is a bad idea to try something again!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. I'm not sure so it was that you were paying as much as it was WHAT you were paying. Who was that Olympic sprinter dude in New England that was gonna set the league on fire again? ? ;)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who Jeff Demps. Yea I still like him by the way. He is on Tampa Bay now and supposedly he is 100 percent dedicated to football as apposed to last year where the tract thing was his top priority but I didn't want to go out on limb this year and say so. Let's see what happens this year though.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the days when we had to check the box scores in the newspaper to make sure our fantasy players/teams were being scored correctly?

The entire market is saturated with FF. Because of it sometimes you ignore certain sites or media because their content is either repetitive or vapid.

Personally, I'd like to see more content on offensive lines. Which units stayed together? Which units got shuffled? And how they project the lines to hold up against the run and the pass.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the days when we had to check the box scores in the newspaper to make sure our fantasy players/teams were being scored correctly?

The entire market is saturated with FF. Because of it sometimes you ignore certain sites or media because their content is either repetitive or vapid.

Personally, I'd like to see more content on offensive lines. Which units stayed together? Which units got shuffled? And how they project the lines to hold up against the run and the pass.

I think I saw an analysis like that somewhere - - probably Rotoworld or some other link on Fantasypro (4for4 perhaps). ...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw an analysis like that somewhere - - probably Rotoworld or some other link on Fantasypro (4for4 perhaps). ...
FF Toolbox has ranked them in the past and I have seen it in Rotoworld too..................

O/T: Hard to believe it's this late and I don't even have my rankings done! Imma failure.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I am trying to get a few demographics. How many guys do you know who play fantasy football. What I am asking is of all the guys you know what percentage, a rough percentage, play fantasy football. Just ball park figure if you can? How many out of every 10?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
including co workers and every male you know.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I am trying to get a few demographics. How many guys do you know who play fantasy football. What I am asking is of all the guys you know what percentage, a rough percentage, play fantasy football. Just ball park figure if you can? How many out of every 10?

40 to 50 pct......................

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a third. .40% at most. . There's still plenty out there that think it's a stupid hobby/waste of time.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a third. .40% at most. . There's still plenty out there that think it's a stupid hobby/waste of time.

agree, only I'd probably say about 15-20% play that I know of.
But I talk to the other 80-85% a whole lot more!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys what a about a fantasy football coffee. If you guys walked into a food store and seen a box of kcups or a bag of coffee called "fantasy football coffee" would you buy it?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys what a about a fantasy football coffee. If you guys walked into a food store and seen a box of kcups or a bag of coffee called "fantasy football coffee" would you buy it?

If it was cheaper than Foldgers, once. . Then it would depend on the taste as to whether I'd ever consider it again.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but I might hit up on a hooker dressed like a Dallas Cowboy Cheerler................if I wasn't married, of course.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Foot, so if you are trying to market FF stuff, why not go after both the players and their wives/girlfriends? Like brown tampons with laces painted on them................or football colored condoms and call them Fantasy Jimmies.............I know you think I'm kidding but shit like that might actually sell...........I'd definitely buy my old lady the tampons and since we have been married so long (and twice now) I have no use for the Fantasy Jimmies..................but I might purchase something called "Fantaline Petrolium Jelly".