• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins News

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are about to add WR Callaway to their roster. He has first round type of talent. I could easily see him catching intermediate and deep passes from Tua. Callaway ran a 4.41 40 yard dash. That was 3rd highest at the combine that year. He has good hands and can make guys miss tackles. Tua is very accurate including with his deep passes.

Also added to the roster is RB A Washington. He averaged 4 yards a carry with the Raiders. He is a good pass catcher.

These guys will need to learn the Fins system. They have a good opportunity with a team on the rise.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have promoted WR Kirk Merritt from the practice squad. Merritt has excellent athleticism and speed. He has the potential to stretch the field and be a game changer. I am glad to see him getting the opportunity to make plays for the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This evening Bama plays LSU. Chase opted out so he wont be playing, however, there is still a lot of talent in the game, particularly with Bama this year. RB Harris and WR Smith are off to a good start.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are about to add WR Callaway to their roster. He has first round type of talent. I could easily see him catching intermediate and deep passes from Tua. Callaway ran a 4.41 40 yard dash. That was 3rd highest at the combine that year. He has good hands and can make guys miss tackles. Tua is very accurate including with his deep passes.

Also added to the roster is RB A Washington. He averaged 4 yards a carry with the Raiders. He is a good pass catcher.

These guys will need to learn the Fins system. They have a good opportunity with a team on the rise.
Was he a practice squad stash? Or did you just pick him up?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which player? This post was early November.

I was glad to hear that WR Ford is coming back to the Fins. He's a smart player who runs good routes. He's not the most athletic but he can provide depth and make plays when needed especially against zone coverage.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which player? This post was early November.

I was glad to hear that WR Ford is coming back to the Fins. He's a smart player who runs good routes. He's not the most athletic but he can provide depth and make plays when needed especially against zone coverage.
I was talking about Callaway. Did no reallize was an old post. Has he done anything?

Good luck to Ford. He did not show anything in NE

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calloway hasn't made a big impact yet. The talent is there though.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what we saw of Bowden Jr. recently I think he has an opportunity to become a playmaker for the team. He's quick and shifty, if he continues to show good hands, the future could be bright for him with the Fins.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins now have a top 3 pick from the Texans. I am thinking a trade down could be the best plan because the Fins could still land one of the top WRs and RBs. There is high quality depth at those positions with Smith and Chase and Etienne and Harris.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE the 3rd overall pick: If OT Sewell is as good as talent evaluators are saying he's the type of player that would be well worth the pick. He could make a good oline even better. He can play RT or LT. Having a superstar RT would be good for Tua as he would have more time in the pocket. The Jets could pick him if they want to keep Darnold. If they pick Sewell then trading back could be a good option. The Fins need a player who gets open quickly. Tua's former teammate WR D Smith could be the guy. There will be QB desperate teams that could offer a top ten QB and more assets to get the franchise player they want.

Last edited:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hunt and Jackson will be good NFL tackles. I don’t think replacing one with an elite tackle will help our team progress as much as a star WR would. The ROI would be limited.
The NFL is going in the direction of maximizing the amount of threats your offense has. This is what we should be doing.
Our OL is pretty young too. I think this group could evolve into a Top 10 unit in 2022 if kept intact. Maybe a C upgrade could be had Day 2. Flowers won’t be going anywhere until after next season, if he’s cut for cap purposes.
According to the draft pick value chart (which I’m not into), for the Bengals to move up from 5 to 3 would cost their 2nd rounder. I’d do that trade in a heartbeat.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE the 3rd overall pick: If OT Sewell is as good as talent evaluators are saying he's the type of player that would be well worth the pick. He could make a good oline even better. He can play RT or LT. Having a superstar RT would be good for Tua as he would have more time in the pocket. The Jets could pick him if they want to keep Darnold. If they pick Sewell then trading back could be a good option. The Fins need a player who gets open quickly. Tua's former teammate WR D Smith could be the guy. There will be QB desperate teams that could offer a top ten QB and more assets to get the franchise player they want.
Typo: There will be QB desperate teams with top 10 picks that could offer their first pick & more picks to get the franchise player they want.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hunt and Jackson will be good NFL tackles. I don’t think replacing one with an elite tackle will help our team progress as much as a star WR would. The ROI would be limited.
The NFL is going in the direction of maximizing the amount of threats your offense has. This is what we should be doing.
Our OL is pretty young too. I think this group could evolve into a Top 10 unit in 2022 if kept intact. Maybe a C upgrade could be had Day 2. Flowers won’t be going anywhere until after next season, if he’s cut for cap purposes.
According to the draft pick value chart (which I’m not into), for the Bengals to move up from 5 to 3 would cost their 2nd rounder. I’d do that trade in a heartbeat.
I hear what you are saying but also hard to pass on a potential HOF OT. He's apparently that good. On a good note they can go a lot of different ways and achieve a successful draft. Parsons or a WR wouldn't be horrible either but they could trade back a bit for those moves.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that the Fins will most likely trade down. At pick 3 there will be great offers. There are some very good QBs & teams will have theri favorites. I don't think they will pick a WR that high & definitely not a RB. They could pick an OT that high to protect the franchise QB & improve the running game.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying but also hard to pass on a potential HOF OT. He's apparently that good.
It doesn’t really matter IMO. If the staff thinks AJ and RH will be good NFL OT’s, then best to trade down.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on the draft WR D Smith at # 3 bandwagon after watching him this year. I am beginning to wonder if the Fins would be better served picking OT Sewell. He could be great at protecting Tua. He would give Tua more time to throw. He's not known to be a mauler but the Fins have some maulers so it could work. We just saw what can happen to a great QB when he doesn't have time to throw. Mahommes just had the worst game of his career. It may make the most sense to pick Sewell at #3 and add a FA slot WR or draft the best one available in the second round or later. I liked what I saw from WR D Fitzpatrick in the Senior Bowl.

If Tua's ceiling is to be a Drew Brees then they should model the offense based on a great Oline which Brees has had in his career,

I think pick #18 should be RB Harris. He would help put the run in the run/pass/option.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on the draft WR D Smith at # 3 bandwagon after watching him this year. I am beginning to wonder if the Fins would be better served picking OT Sewell. He could be great at protecting Tua. He would give Tua more time to throw. He's not known to be a mauler but the Fins have some maulers so it could work. We just saw what can happen to a great QB when he doesn't have time to throw. Mahommes just had the worst game of his career. It may make the most sense to pick Sewell at #3 and add a FA slot WR or draft the best one available in the second round or later. I liked what I saw from WR D Fitzpatrick in the Senior Bowl.

If Tua's ceiling is to be a Drew Brees then they should model the offense based on a great Oline which Brees has had in his career,

I think pick #18 should be RB Harris. He would help put the run in the run/pass/option.
I guess I'm greedy as I'd prefer they trade back and acquire more picks. I just feel like one of their guys will drop to them anyway so it's a win win. The only way I'd change that is if they love a player so much they just pick at 3. Love to get another second or first next year and load up!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 will be Lawrence
QB trades make it unpredictable however here are possible scenarios
2 could be either Sewell if they keep Darnold or Wilson
3 Fins pick
4 is probably a QB Fields or another QB unless they have traded for a vet QB.
5 I am sure that the Bengals would love to pair Burrow with Chase but they have to consider protecting Burrow with Sewell

The Fins can trade down for Chase or Smith. If they want or need Sewell I wouldn't count on him being available in a trade down. He is viewed as the best pass blocking OT in this draft.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm greedy as I'd prefer they trade back and acquire more picks. I just feel like one of their guys will drop to them anyway so it's a win win. The only way I'd change that is if they love a player so much they just pick at 3. Love to get another second or first next year and load up!

I understand. It's appealing to be able to add a quality WR with a trade down and also add an additional pick or two in a trade. However, the more I learn about Sewell the better he seems to be as a prospect. Not only is he a great pass blocker, he's a better run blocker than I first thought. He moves excellently at 6'6 330lbs and he appears to have the strength and mentality needed to move a dlinemen in the run game. He is very good at blocking on screen plays also because he is so mobile.

He will be available at pick #3 because the Jets have Becton at LT. They need an upgrade at QB. Not only that but they will be in a better salary cap situation with a rookie QB. If they decide to trade for Watson the Texans would most probably use their pick on a QB. The Texans have a high quality LT.

Tua is a left handed QB therefore having the best RT possible would help him more than most QBs. I like Austin Jackson's potential. He's a good OT that will keep getting better but adding Sewell would give the team a way to become a great Oline with high quality OT play on both ends of the line.

The Chiefs have arguably the best skill players and most talented QB in the NFL. They were held scoreless in the SB. If the Fins don't give Tua enough time than adding Smith, Chase or whoever wont matter in a playoff game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note the Fins have signed a 5 year contract extension with PK Sanders. When you get a very good kicker on your roster you keep him. Sanders has proven himself. This was an important early step for the team this offseason.