• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dodgers versus DBacks, Still No Swimming

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the late thread. Chase Utley is playing third base right now. This season is weird.

You know, for it being the middle of September, the Dodgers are doing a pretty neat job of running out of players. I guess this is how they plan on mailing in the rest of the month?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable pitchers:

Today - Anderson and the shitty guy with the stupid name who used to be on the Rockies.
Tomorrow - Alex Wood and the guy that the Dbacks got for trading Gregorius to the Yankees (Robbie Ray - sounds like a guy that would beat his wife after getting drunk at his bowling league).
Wednesday - Zack Greinke against a guy who's going to lose to Zack Greinke.
Thursday (game starts at noon) - Clayton Kershaw against a guy who's going to lose to Clayton Kershaw.

The Diamondbacks blow. Really bad team from top to bottom. Sure, Goldy and Pollock are good, but everyone else is pretty terrible. I'd be really annoyed if I were a Dbacks fan. They have our boys, Allen Webster and Rubby De La Rosa. That's messed up. Remember when they were young Dodger farmhands and their future was so bright?

Nope. Not anymore. They're stuck in purgatory with an organization that likes to give up on its young stars too early (Justin Upton, Trevor Bauer), and they use zero new-school data so of course they blow. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so there's Goldy and Pollock. Yasmany Tomas? Bum. For some 80 million dollars on a team where money is tight. Good luck with that. Too fat to play defense or run the bases effectively. He's almost the same player as Matt Kemp (of today) when Matt Kemp is in a slump. Sure, he'll run into one here or there. But that's it. Zero value outside of that. No on-base skills. Strikes out almost as much as Joc Pederson.

They traded away one of their best prospects for like 5 million dollars that didn't even get spent. They're retarded. They'll be a bad club for a long time. Tony Larussa is still an alcoholic and Dave Stewart is still an old-timey, too-cool-for-school guy who really has no business in the Front Office.

I'm still mad about those brawls last year. Screw those guys, screw Miguel Montero, Ian Kennedy can blow a fat one, and I hope that Gerardo Parra gets bit by a raccoon that's infected with rabies. Don't care if they're not on the DBacks anymore.

Remember when the Dodgers gave Gibby a bobblehead night last year and he was all sour grapes about it. Like "Oh I wish they'd stop doing things like this for me." What a dickhead. Bro, we're being cool to you right now, stop being a douche. It's almost like he wishes he didn't hit that famous home run because he doesn't want his legacy to be as a Dodgers hero. I get being humble and all, but to be bitter about getting loved by a huge fan base? Kick rocks, man.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like the Diamondbacks.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBacks can hit. Fuck that game.

Win the series.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking pretty so far, 0 runs and only 2 starters in the lineup.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should probably do a win. Aces wild the next 2 days. Do wins.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday. I don't even know if I want to read a recap on it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Grienke tonight. Dodgers haven't announced who will get the start, yet.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Grienke tonight. Dodgers haven't announced who will get the start, yet.

Not good. Could be a five game lead after tonight. And a trip to Colorado looming followed by a trip to Frisco. This could oddly get interesting.

Regardless of what happens, the playoffs could be ugly.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are 11-23 versus playoff bound teams this year (STL, TX, CHI, NYM, PITT, Houston).

Wow, that is shitty.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are 11-23 versus playoff bound teams this year (STL, TX, CHI, NYM, PITT, Houston).

Wow, that is shitty.
Don't read into it. There's nothing to find there but fodder for TV or newspaper column "analysis."

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another experiment tonight. Don't think Greinke's calf is serious enough to sit out his turn in the rotation, think they are just seeing what Frias can do.

At least most of the starters are in the lineup tonight.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read into it. There's nothing to find there but fodder for TV or newspaper column "analysis."

Your right, it doesn't mean to much, except the fact that we will be playing teams with winning records in the playoffs, other than that, its no big deal!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable pitchers:

Today - Anderson and the shitty guy with the stupid name who used to be on the Rockies.
Tomorrow - Alex Wood and the guy that the Dbacks got for trading Gregorius to the Yankees (Robbie Ray - sounds like a guy that would beat his wife after getting drunk at his bowling league).
Wednesday - Zack Greinke against a guy who's going to lose to Zack Greinke
Thursday (game starts at noon) - Clayton Kershaw against a guy who's going to lose to Clayton Kershaw.

The Diamondbacks blow. Really bad team from top to bottom. Sure, Goldy and Pollock are good, but everyone else is pretty terrible. I'd be really annoyed if I were a Dbacks fan. They have our boys, Allen Webster and Rubby De La Rosa. That's messed up. Remember when they were young Dodger farmhands and their future was so bright?

Nope. Not anymore. They're stuck in purgatory with an organization that likes to give up on its young stars too early (Justin Upton, Trevor Bauer), and they use zero new-school data so of course they blow. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so there's Goldy and Pollock. Yasmany Tomas? Bum. For some 80 million dollars on a team where money is tight. Good luck with that. Too fat to play defense or run the bases effectively. He's almost the same player as Matt Kemp (of today) when Matt Kemp is in a slump. Sure, he'll run into one here or there. But that's it. Zero value outside of that. No on-base skills. Strikes out almost as much as Joc Pederson.

They traded away one of their best prospects for like 5 million dollars that didn't even get spent. They're retarded. They'll be a bad club for a long time. Tony Larussa is still an alcoholic and Dave Stewart is still an old-timey, too-cool-for-school guy who really has no business in the Front Office.

I'm still mad about those brawls last year. Screw those guys, screw Miguel Montero, Ian Kennedy can blow a fat one, and I hope that Gerardo Parra gets bit by a raccoon that's infected with rabies. Don't care if they're not on the DBacks anymore.

Remember when the Dodgers gave Gibby a bobblehead night last year and he was all sour grapes about it. Like "Oh I wish they'd stop doing things like this for me." What a dickhead. Bro, we're being cool to you right now, stop being a douche. It's almost like he wishes he didn't hit that famous home run because he doesn't want his legacy to be as a Dodgers hero. I get being humble and all, but to be bitter about getting loved by a huge fan base? Kick rocks, man.

I'm glad we got rid of Kemp, but to say that he has no value is just stupid! The guy plays on a crappy team and still will end up with 25hr's and 100 RBis, but I guess those stats mean squat! After all it's about his War, blah blah blah!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty on lefty homer. Yes.