• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers re-sign Howie Kendrick

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1h1 hour ago
Source confirms: Kendrick with #Dodgers is two years, $20M. First with money: @Jonheyman.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think most of us assumed Kendrick was going to get one last big contract, a 4 year deal or so, and I think we all agreed that we would happily move on from him at that price range and get a draft pick.....

But for 2/$20M??? This is a very good deal for the Dodgers. Kendrick should still be a quality player in his age 32 and 33 seasons. This allows Kike Hernandez to kinda play all over the place again and pushes Utley to a strict bench role. I like this quite a bit.

Yay

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a surprise. I'm happy he decided to stick around, I'm assuming for less than what he could have gotten from another team too. We get a consistent bat to go along with Gonzalez back in the lineup and make the Heaney trade more than just a failure. Good job.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a steal. He knows the landscape of the Dodgers. He's not going to bitch and moan about playing time. This also means more time for Chase and Kike to play 3B, because right now its basically just Turner and he just had knee surgery.

This hurts Micah Johnson a bit, but more time in AAA won't kill him. Also, giving up Peraza doesn't even matter at all anymore.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a....

Great signing by the Doyers, I like Kendrick a lot...I've always liked his bat. He has to be one of the tougher outs in baseball although I am too lazy to look that up. Historically vs. SF, he has been a thorn in our side with his 7-10 pitch ABs.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised that he got such a small deal. Not just the 2 years, but at just about 10mil per is crazy. When I heard 2 years I was expecting a higher AAV.

I mean Ian fucking Kennedy got 70 million bucks. Crazy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised that he got such a small deal. Not just the 2 years, but at just about 10mil per is crazy. When I heard 2 years I was expecting a higher AAV.

I mean Ian fucking Kennedy got 70 million bucks. Crazy.

King DoucheNozzle himself. Between him and Latos, they have cornered the market on douchy.