• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Discover my RB2 situation?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he will see targets... But lions are playing great defense right now. I'm leaning towards McKinnon

Bills run D is pretty freaking tough too...............I'll let TKO post all the stats but man, I can't recall any RB having a good game against them this year. I started Vereen yesterday against them thinking he would at least be highly targeted and that turned out to be a shithead move................

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I've been shopping Djax around for a while. Had a offer of Ben Tate for Djax and you said no I shouldn't do that. That's what I remember and look how he's done now. he won't even trade him for Djax now. Should of went with that.:noidea:

I still wouldn't trade Djax for Tate.. and you did win out in that one, Jackson gave you some pretty decent weeks while Tate sat in the trainer's room. Very easily could happen again. Tate's great to ride while he plays though!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and you'd still be in the same position just with Shady instead of Ellington.........kinda have to remember your whole team can't always be studs.................you have 4 top WR's that are carrying your team.................with one on the bench.............lol. Try that DJax for Tate trade now and see if he bites. BTW, who are the RB's on the wire right now?

Knile Davis, antone smith, bobby Rainey, shonn Greene, Toby gerhart, isiah Crowell, roy helu. I'm glad I picked up McKinnon yesterday before lineups set

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he will see targets... But lions are playing great defense right now. I'm leaning towards McKinnon

BTW, FJax had a decent game against the Lions- 10 for 49 and 58 receiving yards...........and a 2 pointer for 11 points

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn't trade Djax for Tate.. and you did win out in that one, Jackson gave you some pretty decent weeks while Tate sat in the trainer's room. Very easily could happen again. Tate's great to ride while he plays though!

I see your point. I texted the Tate owner and offered him Djax straight up he said no he rather roll with Percy harvin.... He also lost Cruz last night to injury lol also there are some Djax haters in my league

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would make the D Jax for Tate trade if it's still on the table based on you wr depth & lack of depth at rb.
1)D Jax is too inconsistent for my liking; he's blown up 3 games but also had 3 subpar performances, & if Reed can stay on the field(yes I realize that's a big IF, but he's been inconsistent regardless IMO) that will take away some of his looks.
2) Tate's the more consistent option when he is on the field b/c you KNOW he's going to get 20+ touches in an offense that's running the ball well. I always prefer a starting rb in the flex b/c there touches(opportunities) are more consistent than most Wrs(it will be interesting to see how well they adjust to the loss of C Mack tho).
3)I don't ever see a scenario where you would start D Jax over Dez/Jordy/Jeffrey anyway, so using the depth you have to shore up your rb2 while retaining your 3 top tier Wrs would be ideal.
4) Since Crowell's still on the wire scoop him up, that way you have Tate handcuffed if(when) he goes down again...

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. I texted the Tate owner and offered him Djax straight up he said no he rather roll with Percy harvin.... He also lost Cruz last night to injury lol also there are some Djax haters in my league

I'd try like hell to sell him on Harvin's inconsistency over the past couple weeks, the loss of Cruz, & D Jax's "emergence" & hope he bites. But it seems that ship may've sailed on you now that Tate's had a couple nice games back to back

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would make the D Jax for Tate trade if it's still on the table based on you wr depth & lack of depth at rb.
1)D Jax is too inconsistent for my liking; he's blown up 3 games but also had 3 subpar performances, & if Reed can stay on the field(yes I realize that's a big IF, but he's been inconsistent regardless IMO) that will take away some of his looks.
2) Tate's the more consistent option when he is on the field b/c you KNOW he's going to get 20+ touches in an offense that's running the ball well. I always prefer a starting rb in the flex b/c there touches(opportunities) are more consistent than most Wrs(it will be interesting to see how well they adjust to the loss of C Mack tho).
3)I don't ever see a scenario where you would start D Jax over Dez/Jordy/Jeffrey anyway, so using the depth you have to shore up your rb2 while retaining your 3 top tier Wrs would be ideal.
4) Since Crowell's still on the wire scoop him up, that way you have Tate handcuffed if(when) he goes down again...

Thank you for the thoughs man. Lacy is still on the table for alshon. The guy won't trade Tate despite Cruz being hurt for him and Percy underperforming.. Will scoop up crowell. How will Pierre Thomas roll be with Ingram back healthy? Also what's your final call? Trade alshon for lacy?or roll with one of mckonnon, spiller or Pierre thomas?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try like hell to sell him on Harvin's inconsistency over the past couple weeks, the loss of Cruz, & D Jax's "emergence" & hope he bites. But it seems that ship may've sailed on you now that Tate's had a couple nice games back to back

It has sailed. He has Forsett on the bench but he said no too

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the thoughs man. Lacy is still on the table for alshon. The guy won't trade Tate despite Cruz being hurt for him and Percy underperforming.. Will scoop up crowell. How will Pierre Thomas roll be with Ingram back healthy? Also what's your final call? Trade alshon for lacy?or roll with one of mckonnon, spiller or Pierre thomas?

I think PT's outlook remains mainly unchanged, in fact he prob gets more looks based on gameplan(hopefully coaches realize everytime he touches the ball it sparks the offense/good things happen). Ingram's not guaranteed back this wk to my knowledge, & will mainly eat into Khiry's snaps.
I guess you do the Jeffrey for Lacy trade, since you're so thin at rb, & hope Lacy gets it going...

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PT's outlook remains mainly unchanged, in fact he prob gets more looks based on gameplan(hopefully coaches realize everytime he touches the ball it sparks the offense/good things happen). Ingram's not guaranteed back this wk to my knowledge, & will mainly eat into Khiry's snaps.
I guess you do the Jeffrey for Lacy trade, since you're so thin at rb, & hope Lacy gets it going...

Although I'd still attemp to find a D Jax fan in your league & try & use him to upgrade at rb

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'd still attemp to find a D Jax fan in your league & try & use him to upgrade at rb

Thanks again. Also I forgot to mention I have Ryan Matthews coming back very soon. Even with that in mind still do the lacy trade? I still like your guy Thomas

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's why I say try & use D Jax instead so that you keep your 3 stud Wrs. Hopefully Mathews can come back soon/stay healthy...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PT's role will be, in the short term, to help in the short passing game with Graham out.

The name brand might look better but what about the results?

Proven commodities are in short supply this year. Pro-rated, Lacy is the 21st-best fantasy back right now... but that will change fast. If he does anything at all he'll pass Sproles, Asiata, Knile and Jennings next week, so he's really more like #17. Other guys in front of him are iffy part-time guys like Crowell, Antone Smith, your Pierre Thomas, and Lamar Miller - not to mention guys with long injury histories like Bradshaw, Foster, and Murray. And I for one don't really expect Forsett to stay in the top ten.

Really, Lynch, Forte and maybe Gore are the only proven commodities out there. Gio, Ellington and Le'Veon look very good in their new roles - but that's it. You already have Ellington, and those other guys (or Foster or Murray) are going to cost you more than Alshon. There's still room in the top ten for Lacy.

About Tate - the Browns are not going to be handing the ball off 36 times per game very often, and Tate's YPC Sunday wasn't much better than Lacy's. Crowell more than doubled Tate's YPC. I still wouldn't go crazy about Tate.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PT's role will be, in the short term, to help in the short passing game with Graham out.

Proven commodities are in short supply this year. Pro-rated, Lacy is the 21st-best fantasy back right now... but that will change fast. If he does anything at all he'll pass Sproles, Asiata, Knile and Jennings next week, so he's really more like #17. Other guys in front of him are iffy part-time guys like Crowell, Antone Smith, your Pierre Thomas, and Lamar Miller - not to mention guys with long injury histories like Bradshaw, Foster, and Murray. And I for one don't really expect Forsett to stay in the top ten.

Really, Lynch, Forte and maybe Gore are the only proven commodities out there. Gio, Ellington and Le'Veon look very good in their new roles - but that's it. You already have Ellington, and those other guys (or Foster or Murray) are going to cost you more than Alshon. There's still room in the top ten for Lacy.

About Tate - the Browns are not going to be handing the ball off 36 times per game very often, and Tate's YPC Sunday wasn't much better than Lacy's. Crowell more than doubled Tate's YPC. I still wouldn't go crazy about Tate.

So take the lacy trade for sure then? The only question for me is does lacy ooutscore alshon the rest of the way yes or no?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So take the lacy trade for sure then? The only question for me is does lacy ooutscore alshon the rest of the way yes or no?

images

Seriously though, isn't the question more like will Lacey-DJax outscore Jeffery-PT/McKinnon/Mathews? Looking at it like that I'd say yes, but then again it's hard for me to lose that depth if I'm you.........hate to mess with a team that is winning already.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Seriously though, isn't the question more like will Lacey-DJax outscore Jeffery-PT/McKinnon/Mathews? Looking at it like that I'd say yes, but then again it's hard for me to lose that depth if I'm you.........hate to mess with a team that is winning already.

Or lacy/Djax/ Matthews or alshon/Matthews. If Matthews is healthy he's either my RB 2 or flex

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm I do like Djax schedule.. Titans, Dallas, minny, and Tampa