• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Clemens earn another start?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens had his first regular season start of this season and did some good things on the field and some real bad things as well. To be honest I thought it would be worse than it was. He made a few real nice plays even though his receivers were obviously dumbfounded by a Quarter back that can move around and scramble a bit in the backfield. I think another week of work could work out some of the problems he had with the receivers.
The O-line I’m sure was very happy to have a guy that could bail them out on passing plays. Clemens buys time for receivers to get open as well. I think next week will be a better showing on Offense. Especially… if Stacy gets healthy and repairs that sore foot.
Of course he will start next week but do you think he earned it? IMO he did. Go Rams!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the medical report released today states that he has a low ankle sprain and a sore heel with a touch of plantar fascitis, usually a by-product of trying to run while you have a bruised heel and low ankle sprain. Not good as these things go.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather see what we can get from the other 2 because we know that Clemens will be ok but not good enough

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah.... Im thinkin Clemons is good for at least 2 turnovers a game here on out. Sure.. Sam wasnt spectacular, but at least he didnt turn the ball over very often.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not a playoff threat without Bradford so it won't much matter who plays at QB. Equally it won't matter who plays well at QB and who doesn't. I don't know who our starting QB will be for Week 1 of next season but i'll be shocked if it's someone that's currently on our active roster. Come September 2014 the QB performances of November & December 2013 won't mean a thing. I don't think Davis or Quinn can outplay Clemens, but i'll accept that it's a possibility. If it's going to happen it'll happen late in the year when they're up to speed. Why play either of them before Week 13 unless Clemens has an injury or a complete meltdown?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the Davis, then let Brady try the week after that. he should have good grasp of the playbook by then right?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the Davis, then let Brady try the week after that. he should have good grasp of the playbook by then right?
There's more to it than that. Bradford will have had about 80% of the 1st team reps in practice this year. Even with 20% reps, (and nearly 100% this week), Clemens had timing and read issues with receivers. Davis would have had a few snaps so the OL and receivers could get used to his cadence but his timing with the receivers will be rusty. If he were to be the starting QB next week he'd need all the reps just to have a decent chance to perform. To then go through the process again next week with a 4th QB, who probably hasn't even gotten out on the practice field yet, would not be the best way to go. This is without factoring in the increased chance of botched snaps. Neither QB would be near optimum efficiency and we'd learn very little. It's also not the best way of developing a very young group of skill players and that might be the priority. :noidea:. Davis is the #2 at this point. It would be best to see how Davis and Quinn compare over the next few weeks before having a QB contest.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically we are out of the playoff hunt anyway so why not experiment? What have we got to lose? If we lose we get a higher draft pick and an easier schedule next year. If we discover some hidden gem on the roster then hopefully the next coaching staff (wishful thinking) can find a use for them.

And speaking of coaching, someone on another thread pointed out that one of the reasons Fisher is well respected in the league is because he's head of the rules committee. Yep, he certainly is supposed to know the rules, although you wouldn't suspect it the way his team incurs penalties. But unfortunately knowing the rules (allegedly) apparently doesn't lead to coaching acumen. It is akin to the mechanic being able to fix a racing car, but not having the ability to drive it in a race.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Austin Davis is ready and Clemens doesn't play well and struggles, that's when we will see him. Fisher has to be loyal and let a guy have a chance and then some, only then will Austin Davis see the field. Or barring injury.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it doesn't matter who our QB is at this point. They all suck, so I say ride it out with Kellen Clemens the rest of the season, hope Washington keeps tanking and we are guaranteed two top 10 draft picks in 2014.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Fisher is right and the team will bounce back, we can possibly pull off a win this week against Tennessee because it is at home and the defense is really ticked-off that the offense let 'em down-again. Maybe Clemons will get better and because the run game is going to be mostly Richardson. If we don't score a TD in the first quarter this week, it'll be over. 3-6!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stacey is out, I don't see how we score a TD all game. Unless we get a punt return TD with no flags!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is basically an emergency QB at this point. He has no knowledge of the system and isn't exactly a talent anyway. Clemens will start until he struggles mightily, at which point Davis will get a shot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be an either/or proposition. Either we score a TD offensively, or the game will be over and we'd better do it in the first quarter or it will be 3-6.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that last week Clemens had a banged up shoulder. Any way, I'd like to see what Davis can do. I'd also like to see Austin get about 10 targets and run a couple of end a rounds or reverses. Why did the Rams draft this kid?

Rams should beat the Titans. I expect Jared Cook to be hunting for bear, too. If the Rams stumble, fart and fall then changes need to be made. Actually, they need to be made any way.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First minus the two interceptions, I liked what Clemens did mostly. I liked him being able to extend the pocket (better than Bradford)and run it and take a hit and get up and play (Wilson). I think Stacy plays and splits 60/40 with Richardson and they get into the end zone. Rams win this week against the Titans. Things to watch though, Locker and his running and extention of the pocket and the Titans defensive backfield (not bad). The Rams will need to run and run they will. Dahl out (good) and I want to see some site of Jones, does he actually play for the Rams? Hey and look, for all you that want a better draft choise, the Rams have not been great in the draft anyway, so 6-7-8-9....who cares, win a few games instead.:nod:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker... That's the guy I would liked. And Suh of course. Yes Locker has not been great, but he has also been improving slowly. I like his speed alot and the guy is just tough athlete period.

Watch it Blue! You are approaching blasphemy with your Clemens over Bradford in the pocket talk!

;)

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts SJ, I want a QB in the upcoming draft if not only to push Bradford, but take it all together if possible, cut Bradford and save the cap space we can get.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts SJ, I want a QB in the upcoming draft if not only to push Bradford, but take it all together if possible, cut Bradford and save the cap space we can get.

Makes sense to me...if you're going to pay a QB the amount of $ you would pay P Manning or Drew Brees then he should play like them.