• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Devils vs Rangers: The King and the Kingslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cory's Better, Cory's Better, Cory's Better!@!@!@!@!@

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory better start playing better.... dun dunn

Cory better start playing better.... dun dunn

that can be a chant, right? lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clemmenson gets the nod? That would be j Mac level of stupid

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeBoer is at it again with the 4th line:

“We don’t have them penciled in to create goals. That’s a bonus. I’m looking for offensive zone time, possession, energy, wearing the other team down. Have a positive impact on the game whatever way that is and do it without taking a lot of penalties. There’s all kinds of factors that go into that, but at the end of the day it’s having a positive or negative impact on the game more often than not it has to be a positive.”

Somehow he thought putting the worst possession player on the team (Gionta), the most penalty prone person on the team (Tootoo), and the two smallest guys on the team (Gionta, Tootoo) together would lead to a sustained offensive zone cycle that doesn't take penalties.

Naturally, something is wrong so he replaces the 3rd guy on the line with a guy who's main use is offensive scoring. I highly doubt anything improves going from Tootoo-Gionta-Ruutu to Tootoo-Gionta-Brunner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly we'll be seeing Larsson and Gelinas will be in the press box.

Gelinas didnt play well last game so it makes sense.

If only we had another Dman Pete could sit instead :L

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the 4th line crack, what did PDB expect? you broke up the best 4th line this franchise ever had....

Ruutu isn't a hustler nor is Brunner... Tootoo is Tootoo, idk why he's here over Bernier...

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where are you guys hearing about Clemm? If Clemm starts I'll lose whatever hope I have left of this coaching staff.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clemmensen is NOT STARTING. He stayed on after practice with Gomez, Roo2, JJ, Gelinas, all the players not playing tonight.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'd still like to see a Ruutu-Gomez/JJ-Brunner line. A 4th line like this can essentially do what the other can but it can also generate some offense. Ruutu is better offensively (and all around) than Tootoo. JJ is better than Gionta. Tootoo does nothing for me, Gionta hustles and that's great but you need results.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had it and they let it slip away. The Camm penalty was unfortunate but that 3rd goal is inexcusable. Just terrible defending, no reason for that. Time to bury some more of these chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that had all the potential to be a great win.

I thought you learn when your 5 years old not to pass the puck in front of your own net.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'ts an annoying game, I'll take the point but yuck. Sal and Zids cannot be on the ice together. Need to bury more of our chances and stop being so reckless in our own end.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ouch ugly game

Salvador ugly
Zidlicky ugly
Zubrus clowe not back checking in overtime ugly

Noticing the vets are mentioned here too bad this is a vetern team.

Only 14,000 there tonight yikes that's bad.

Btw Cory you wanted to be #1 make that save will ya

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game pissed me off... we outplayed them all game yet lost.... We found a way to lose... way to go devils... Small breakdowns cost us... other than that, we controlled the game... rags are lucky to get 2 points out of this... no way did they deserve it... should have ended 3-1.... when they got the cheap BS pp goal to make it 3-2 I knew we were in trouble because we were controlling everything in the game... yet the Rags BS lucky found a way to get within one... the tieing goal was just terrible... thanks zidlicknuts.... way to pass to the middle instead of up the boards.... he was horrible this game.... needs to tighten up...

There was a part of me that wanted to see a shootout just to see where we are at this year... but that didn't happen... Glad we got a point, but even more mad that the rags got two when they played and deserved none....

Status
Not open for further replies.