• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Oilers 9:30PM

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the highlights on NHL Tonight, that was bad, real bad. I guess Peter DaBoer has the excuse that the Devils lost some key players over the offseason. Otherwise I think his job should be on the hot seat as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Face it if this team doesn't get a powerplay in overtime they will not score a goal 4on4 just too Damn slow and no skill players that can take over 1on1. Shootouts? Forget it they might as well not even go out for it.

This team really may go all season without a overtime win and I doubt a shootout win. What are they 0-8 on shootouts this year against nabakov and labara? Who are those guys?

As for Stevens this is the problem you have hiring legends you can't just fire them. Reason Mac wasn't canned sooner because of "loyalty". Now look no one even mentions his name anymore Stevens gets canned? Forget it his reputation here is tarnished

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it if this team doesn't get a powerplay in overtime they will not score a goal 4on4 just too Damn slow and no skill players that can take over 1on1. Shootouts? Forget it they might as well not even go out for it.

This team really may go all season without a overtime win and I doubt a shootout win.
What are they 0-8 on shootouts this year against nabakov and labara?

No doubt

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I fell asleep after the 2nd, it was 3-0. I miss anything good in the third?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW one more choke like that and I'm starting teh PDB Deathwatch on the Main Board

i agree. i know people will say look what hes working with and i can sympathize but come on! they look just like last years unmotivated quit and check out early team.

on the flip side we saw what this guy could do with talent (parise and kovalchuk) if they had ryder and brunner on that roster wow instant contender

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha heard it was a full on team meltdown. Shame because we looked solid the first 2 periods. I felt the forwards were finally starting to gel, the D were physical, PK looked good, Larsson seemed to rebound nicely. Sounds like they assumed the game was over, coasted late thinking the lead would hold up and it cost them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
after the 2nd goal was scored against them pdb has to take a timeout there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of the goals involve the D getting caught at the blue line or trying to step up in the neutral zone and getting burned?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this isn't on just marty but also schnider too. can't give up a bad goal even if you make 100 great saves in the game the 1 bad goal will wipe that out.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish! Its almost sad reading comments from Flyers fans saying the right guy was fired. Orange is definitely their favorite flavor of kool aid

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did any of the goals involve the D getting caught at the blue line or trying to step up in the neutral zone and getting burned?

the 4th goal did volchenkov pinched at our blue line or whatever you want to call it then harrold got tied up on the boards. whats volchenkov do? goes to harrold leaves hall wide open. granted loko didn't cover him either.

just crazy the lapses this team has.

whats even more funny was right after the devils tie it up 4-4 off the face off salvador gets his pocket picked and lets his guy walk right in on a semi breakaway from the outside.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha heard it was a full on team meltdown. Shame because we looked solid the first 2 periods. I felt the forwards were finally starting to gel, the D were physical, PK looked good, Larsson seemed to rebound nicely. Sounds like they assumed the game was over, coasted late thinking the lead would hold up and it cost them.

Pretty much what happened then after the 2nd quick goal panic set in. And you're right we looked very solid in fact were dictating teh game for most of teh 1st 2....that's what kills ya

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy is a good coach. Nobody can win in Philly. He got them to the Final with Michael freaking Leighton. And they were very competitive in that series against a great Chicago team losing in overtime of game 6. And Philly was a 7 seed that season.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy is a good coach. Nobody can win in Philly. He got them to the Final with Michael freaking Leighton. And they were very competitive in that series against a great Chicago team losing in overtime of game 6. And Philly was a 7 seed that season.

But the knuckle draggers in philly are drinking the Kool Aid and saying its his fault

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Lav too as a coach, but not ready to say fire PDB.

PDB inherited this roster and basically the same defense 3 years in a row. This roster is picked by experts to finish in last or 2nd to last place. They are not picking the Devils to finish last because DeBoer is the coach.
I don't agree with everything he does, but this team finally gets some consistency at head coach, and don't think he should be axed.
Its not like this team is a cup favorite and underachieving.

I don't care for him not playing younger guys, and sometimes the line shuffling makes drives us crazy, but he put in place a pretty exciting form of hockey with emphasis on forecheck and speed which I think is necessary in today's NHL.

The roster he has, or the departures of Parise and Kovalchuk is not his fault.

Blowing last nights lead was totally on the players and our blue line.

My 2 cents.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Plus, he is known to be a coach to get his players to overachieve. He did so in Florida. I think no way that team goes to the finals without PDB as coach. He totally outcoached Torts that year.
With this lineup, you need a coach like that.