• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils' top prospects according to HF

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10...
#1 Jon Merrill - D
#2 Damon Severson - D
#3 Reid Boucher - LW
#4 Stefan Matteau - C
#5 Steve Santini - D
#6 John Quenneville - C
#7 Seth Helgeson - D
#8 Joshua Jacobs - D
#9 Graham Black - C
#10 Blake Coleman - C

What do you guys think? Are these the Devils' top prospects? Expect anyone to crack the roster and make an impact for the Devils this upcoming season?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty much agree with the top 5. Merrill is as close to a lock as you can get. He'll easily be getting top-4 minutes at the start of the season, and by the end he'll be the #2 behind green, even though I think they'll be on different pairings.

Graham Black is interesting because he was having some serious medical issues, then once he was able to get them under control he had a huge season in JR. Don't expect him to break in until he's had a year or 2 in the A. Boucher and Matteau will each get another season in the A where they can keep slowly moving along. (Praying that Boucher follows the Elias path and slowly percolates into an elite scorer).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with the top 5. Merrill is as close to a lock as you can get. He'll easily be getting top-4 minutes at the start of the season, and by the end he'll be the #2 behind green, even though I think they'll be on different pairings.

Graham Black is interesting because he was having some serious medical issues, then once he was able to get them under control he had a huge season in JR. Don't expect him to break in until he's had a year or 2 in the A. Boucher and Matteau will each get another season in the A where they can keep slowly moving along. (Praying that Boucher follows the Elias path and slowly percolates into an elite scorer).

Good info' I'll admit I don't know much about their prospects besides Merrill, Matteau, & Boucher.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like Black. Better than the other forwards actually. He had Graves disease that was fixed prior to last season. He went on a tear last year in the CHL and was one of the top scorers in his league, although as an Overager. He has tons of talent and I think having the adversity that came with the disease could make him an excellent NHL player.

Reece Scarlett I think is good as well but definitely overshadowed by Merrill, Severson, and Santini. I doubt he'll make it to the NHL if NJ's Defense prospects remain the same. He probably has the talent to one day play in the NHL though.