• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Williams traded to SacTown

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Williams traded to SacTown. Let's see how it goes from here.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SACTOWN WHERE YOU AT MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE FUCK U AT SAC TOWN HUH? DA FUCK WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU AT IM CALLING DA POLICER LMFAO!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Thomas throwing lobs to Derrick Williams? Dogs and Cats living together?...The world might explode soon, hug those you love while you still can.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god. He needed a change of scenery.

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous how Rick Adelman treats young players. It's been that way for 20 years. He does not give minutes to 1st and 2nd year players, does not give them time to develop. Sad thing is, when Love was out with injury Derrick Williams was very productive, given 20-25 minutes of court time... but when he gets 3 minutes one game, DNPCD the next, followed by 13 minutes of garbage time then you can't expect him to be in any sort of rhythm.

It is definitely for the best, for both the Wolves and for him. Williams was not in their long term plans, they hired a coach and fired their GM less than a year after he was drafted.

The only trouble is... Sacramento may be the most dysfunctional team in the NBA.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I miss this? Great news!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except DeMarcus Cousins thinks hes god gift to basketball so he will have to compete with him for points. Sacramento is such a mess and Cousins is terrible for any locker room. I guess it is a fresh start since Minnesota never let him do anything.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Williams looked like a young star last year when Kevin Love went down, Derrick Williams was getting minutes and was very productive then Rick Adelman came back with this comment.

Jerry Zgoda: Adelman said not playing Derrick is nothing but circumstances:" I'm just playing the people I think can win games. Nothing about Derrick." Twitter @JerryZgoda - See more at: HoopsHype - Derrick Williams Rumors

I dont understand why your not trying to develop, or even improve a player for trade value or so you can become a better team. The Twolves are a 7-8 seed with no chance of winning a championship with there current team. Adelman failed to develop Derrick Williams after seeing his potential. Developing him would of been key for the Twolves to make a move or even play him when he developed and become a better team. But that wouldn't happen when Adelman wasnt playing a player who played very well at the end of the season. Minnesota should of fired Adelman last year, and hired a coach who develops young players like Jeff Hornaseck for the Suns. The Timberwolves messed up big time when it came to developing Williams.

I wish Derrick Williams would of came to Phoenix and we could of given them Frye and some cash, because Derrick Williams fits our run n gun style perfect. Dont know how good of a teammate he is though, does he ball hog?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very simple Jahii: Rick Adelman is old-school, and always has been. He comes from the era when young players did not see the court (unless their name was Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc).

He has always coached this way. He does not want to teach players how to play the game, does not want to develop them, he would much rather have 5+ year vets who he can plug into his system.

It is truly not a knock against Derrick Williams that he did not see court time this year (and the last few when Love was healthy)... it is simply due to the fact that Adelman is stuborn and has a super-quick hook when it comes to young players.

You are correct, when Love went down and Williams got 20-25 minutes a game he was very productive, but he was never in the Timberwolves long-term plans. They don't need a scoring-Forward, they need defense. Hopefully wherever Williams winds up he gets extended PT, because that is the only way he will improve and regain his confidence.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Adelman hired GS? Because Dantoni use to pull this same shit with the Suns, and trade away rookies and our future. If Adelman was hired after the 2011 draft then I understand why they drafted D Will but why not just trade that pick? If Adelman was hired pre 2011 draft during that off season then I dont understand why they just didnt trade back assuming Adelman was hired in the 2011 off season before the draft. Because much like old school coaches you mentioned, and Dantoni, Adelman didnt like rookies and probably would of requested to trade D Will for some cash, the Suns were interested in him in 2011.............. PERFECT FIT!

I always felt bad for D Will Harden was a straight raw rookie his first season, but Scottie Brooks gave him playing time and he developed into a star. I feel really bad for Derrick Williams I hope the Kings give him plenty of playing time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was hired after. The draft was in June 2011, Adelman was hired in the Fall. At the time Williams was selected by David Khan, the TWolves didn't have a coach. They had fired Kurt Rambis a few weeks earlier.

Since Williams was drafted the Wolves hired a new coach, the NBA had a lockout which effected that classes' ability to work with their new teams... and then they fired their GM. So, Williams is neither the team's coaches guy, or their GM's guy. He was a dead man walking the last year plus. They have never had any intention of giving him PT. They should have (and would have) traded him last year, but K. Love went down and only played 18 games, so they had to keep him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was hired after. The draft was in June 2011, Adelman was hired in the Fall. At the time Williams was selected by David Khan, the TWolves didn't have a coach. They had fired Kurt Rambis a few weeks earlier.

Since Williams was drafted the Wolves hired a new coach, the NBA had a lockout which effected that classes' ability to work with their new teams... and then they fired their GM. So, Williams is neither the team's coaches guy, or their GM's guy. He was a dead man walking the last year plus. They have never had any intention of giving him PT. They should have (and would have) traded him last year, but K. Love went down and only played 18 games, so they had to keep him.

Probably would of been in Phoenix if Adelman was hired before the 2011 draft sad. Because Adelman is regarded as this great coach and the Minnesota front office would of sucked his dick and listened to anything he said, including trading there 2nd pick for cash.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible deal for the Wolves, Mbah A Moute has knee issues, hard to believe they couldn't have got something more for the #2 pick just 2 years ago.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible deal for the Wolves, Mbah A Moute has knee issues, hard to believe they couldn't have got something more for the #2 pick just 2 years ago.

Yep. You would think that had they traded him last season, at the trading deadline, they would have gotten a starter, or at least first + second round draft picks... but Love broke his hand for the second time, Budinger went down for the season and they didn't have any choice but to keep him.

The T-Wolves have a good core group atm, they just need a SG and a bit more depth and they will be a challenger for a 4-8 seed in the West.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You would think that had they traded him last season, at the trading deadline, they would have gotten a starter, or at least first + second round draft picks... but Love broke his hand for the second time, Budinger went down for the season and they didn't have any choice but to keep him.

The T-Wolves have a good core group atm, they just need a SG and a bit more depth and they will be a challenger for a 4-8 seed in the West.

More athletes, get some more depth, a sixth man, and Rubios development. Kevin Martin is a perfect SG for the Twolves system.

Meanwhile D Will show your skills in Sacremento then after the 2014-2015 get a nice contract with a team that will start you and make sure its nothing that the Kings wont match because you dont wanna be playing with Cousins. I really feel like D Will will show his talents in Sacremento and show star potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan is finally playing up to his potential. He has a consistent 3 point shot and is scoring in bunches right now. His game reminds me of Kobe.