• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darin Ruf!!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just hilarious how Amaro essentially said your not good enough to play on the big league team out of ST

in regards to the resources he has, the funds, he has to be the worst GM in all of MLB

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the silver lining to the terrible start this year. At least with the Phils out of contention we got to see some new guys and they weren't tempted to do anything stupid like rushing Howard back or worse yet, trading more minor leaguers for veterans to "put them over the top". Hopefully they now have a solid corner OF and 3B for the next 5 years in Asche and Ruf.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the silver lining to the terrible start this year. At least with the Phils out of contention we got to see some new guys and they weren't tempted to do anything stupid like rushing Howard back or worse yet, trading more minor leaguers for veterans to "put them over the top". Hopefully they now have a solid corner OF and 3B for the next 5 years in Asche and Ruf.

Hahaha "Rush Howard back"...how would that matter?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha "Rush Howard back"...how would that matter?

Ok, change that to if "Howard hadn't been injured again" . The injury to Howard is what led to bringing Ruf up to the majors.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Ruf and ASche. Now if we get Rupp to supplant Ruiz we have some underpinnings for a good foundation for next year along with getting Franco up from the farm. Freakin' brain-dead stumbled onto these guys by default. Cue the blind squirrel.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is probably not a happy guy right now. He can not justify spending big bucks for a 3rd baseman, or another corner outfielder before next season starts. He will forced to focus on spending his extra money on a reliever or two,and possibly a starting pitcher. And possibly a part time outfielder,pinch hitter type as well. The Phillies will not be able to spend all their excess payroll allowance. However, what is to stop Amaro from blocking Ruf or Asche by finding an overpriced veteran for their positions? Amaro is a poor GM, who scares me when he has money to spend!

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we can go in the right direction these up coming years...besides this weekend series vs the bravos what a disaster of a year...:L

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is probably not a happy guy right now. He can not justify spending big bucks for a 3rd baseman, or another corner outfielder before next season starts. He will forced to focus on spending his extra money on a reliever or two,and possibly a starting pitcher. And possibly a part time outfielder,pinch hitter type as well. The Phillies will not be able to spend all their excess payroll allowance. However, what is to stop Amaro from blocking Ruf or Asche by finding an overpriced veteran for their positions? Amaro is a poor GM, who scares me when he has money to spend!

Don't kid yourself. Once Ruf hits 35 hrs next year Amaro will be signing him at 28 million per until 2028

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not think about Amaro creating his own high priced Vet. Waiting till Ruf proves that he can hit Homeruns every year, then sign him to a big contract. However, Amaro probably learned something after making the Howard deal, notice I said probably!.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, we'll see. I think his next big move will happen when Papelbon is injured for a couple months and by some fluke someone like Diekman or Rosenberg gets 12 saves in a row. I'm thinking something like 4 years, 19 million per year, option for 5th year.........

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Cedrique. I think brain-dead is feeling mighty lucky these days-Cue the blind squirrel analogy!