• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels vs Maye: Final thoughts

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're totally wrong about that and so is anybody who still wants to characterize him as such.
He processes and analyzes better than any in his class pre-snap. Highly skilled as a passer and has a football IQ that's off the charts. He is a full-field reader with good rhythm through his progressions. Prefers to attack defenses from the pocket and has pro-ready throwing mechanics and footwork (maintains his throwing platform when sliding around in the pocket). He is a very accurate anticipatory thrower.
A couple of quick notes:
1. Against the blitz he completes 71.1% of his passes (17 TDs, 0 ints.)
2. When defenses dropped into zones, he completes 77.6% of his passes. ( 20 TDs, 0 ints., 2438 yards.
Oh and btw; He has the running talent to turn scrambles into back-breaking plays an has the speed to keep defenses honest with zone-read concepts.

I'm not sure what you and some others think that we have, but whatever it is, somebody or something is steering you in the wrong direction on this young man. Please reevaluate/ reconsider your information/perspective.
His processing sets him apart , he is a passer first for sure

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
higgins /auyuik are better players then tmac . that doesnt mean they are number 1's . 1a and 1b is another way of saying wr1 and wr2 . . you are either a #1 or you are not . whether higgins or auyuik would be #1's on this team however thats what we have here already , actual number 2's being asked to be number 1's
Tee Higgins is 25 years old, his height is 6'4" and he weighs 219 pounds. In his short career he's amassed 3,684 yards and 24 TDs on 257 receptions (His height weight and age alone puts him head and shoulders above any pass catcher on our roster)

Just to be fair...

Terry McLaurin is 28 years old, his height is 6' 0" and weighs 210 pounds. His career numbers are, 378 receptions for 5,283 yards and 25 TDs.

As a tandem they would present all types of issues for opposing defenses and perhaps set the stage for a breakout season for Dotson.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're totally wrong about that and so is anybody who still wants to characterize him as such.
He processes and analyzes better than any in his class pre-snap. Highly skilled as a passer and has a football IQ that's off the charts. He is a full-field reader with good rhythm through his progressions. Prefers to attack defenses from the pocket and has pro-ready throwing mechanics and footwork (maintains his throwing platform when sliding around in the pocket). He is a very accurate anticipatory thrower.
A couple of quick notes:
2. When defenses dropped into zones, he completes 77.6% of his passes. ( 20 TDs, 0 ints., 2438 yards.
Oh and btw; He has the running talent to turn scrambles into back-breaking plays an has the speed to keep defenses honest with zone-read concepts.

I'm not sure what you and some others think that we have, but whatever it is, somebody or something is steering you in the wrong direction on this young man. Please reevaluate/ reconsider your information/perspective.
I hope this is true and I hope Jayden is a big success. Like everyone else, right now he is a prospect. We'll begin to see soon.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of quick notes:

Its not me, its many talent evaluators including BB. The knock-on JD is that he runs first when in trouble, and he has to protect himself. I agree with your numbers but what makes him a dynamic QB is his running ability like Lamar Jackson. What's Lamar if he wasn't a runner? Now JD is a better passer than Lamar was coming out of college so yes, he can develop into a pocket passer and has the tools to do so. He is the total package hence the #2 overall pick. same with RG3. I think we have a player who has a very high ceiling. IMO if he didn't have that dynamic running ability, he wouldn't have been #2. I wanted this guy b/c of his high ceiling and can be the total package running and throwing. You can't say that for Maye and JJ.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m calling bs on this one. I think this is being put out there for all the maye supporters

Its a real screw you to the pats. I was shocked at that tweet too.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
higgins /auyuik are better players then tmac . that doesnt mean they are number 1's . 1a and 1b is another way of saying wr1 and wr2 . . you are either a #1 or you are not . whether higgins or auyuik would be #1's on this team however thats what we have here already , actual number 2's being asked to be number 1's
playing under decent qbs/ocs brings that.tmac has,nt seen either.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing under decent qbs/ocs brings that.tmac has,nt seen either.
No sir, supposition doesn't work in a profession that is deeply set in absolutes. Imagine Baltimore now saying that their loss to Kansas City doesn't count because they didn't have Derek Henry and couldn't run as effectively as they might have with him. Worse, Terry now claiming to be the best WR in the league because his actual output would and should have been reflective of that if only...
At the end of the day the following holds true; "You are what your record says you are"___ Bill Parcells

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not me, its many talent evaluators including BB. The knock-on JD is that he runs first when in trouble, and he has to protect himself. I agree with your numbers but what makes him a dynamic QB is his running ability like Lamar Jackson. What's Lamar if he wasn't a runner? Now JD is a better passer than Lamar was coming out of college so yes, he can develop into a pocket passer and has the tools to do so. He is the total package hence the #2 overall pick. same with RG3. I think we have a player who has a very high ceiling. IMO if he didn't have that dynamic running ability, he wouldn't have been #2. I wanted this guy b/c of his high ceiling and can be the total package running and throwing. You can't say that for Maye and JJ.
Many draft evaluators huh? Granted there were some detractors but the majority of them focused little of their attention on his skills and most of it on his size. Interesting enough the reverse of that centered around Maye, with most focusing on his measurables and few on his skillset.
I chose Daniels because by every skill metric, he was the best QB prospect in this draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many draft evaluators huh? Granted there were some detractors but the majority of them focused little of their attention on his skills and most of it on his size. Interesting enough the reverse of that centered around Maye, with most focusing on his measurables and few on his skillset.
I chose Daniels because by every skill metric, he was the best QB prospect in this draft.
former scouts that post online. Not the draft pundits. JD has skills in the pocket, no doubt. What makes him extra special is his running ability. I think he fits KK perfectly. Let's hope we got it right and he stay healthy.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
former scouts that post online. Not the draft pundits. JD has skills in the pocket, no doubt. What makes him extra special is his running ability. I think he fits KK perfectly. Let's hope we got it right and he stay healthy.
not gonna have much of a career if he does,nt avoid hits.like rgme,s.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, supposition doesn't work in a profession that is deeply set in absolutes. Imagine Baltimore now saying that their loss to Kansas City doesn't count because they didn't have Derek Henry and couldn't run as effectively as they might have with him. Worse, Terry now claiming to be the best WR in the league because his actual output would and should have been reflective of that if only...
At the end of the day the following holds true; "You are what your record says you are"___ Bill Parcells

So look at Tee Higgins 2023 stats and justify paying him the money required or draft capital to attain him. You cannot. Higgins did not put up anything close to #1 stats.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So look at Tee Higgins 2023 stats and justify paying him the money required or draft capital to attain him. You cannot. Higgins did not put up anything close to #1 stats.
I can certainly justify making a move like that using the same sideways rationale some have used in defending Terry's poor 2023 numbers. ( Tee had substandard QBing in 2023 too)

Now that I have that out of my system, here's the more honest justification.

1. Washington has a pressing need to upgrade their WR room this year. It is imperative that their new QB is given the best opportunity possible to succeed now and not a year from now.

2. Based upon the criteria given, Tee Higgins upgrades the WR room and he gives Washington something that they haven't had since Art Monk. (6'4" 219, reliability)

3. Washington barely addressed the need in the draft and the market has significantly shrunk. Among those possibly available Higgins is the best option.

4. Unless the plan is to wait until June or later releases the team is stuck with essentially the status quo meaning that any improvements will cost more than what some here are willing to pay.

5. The stated goals are arming our new QB, upgrading his weapons, making this current team as competitive as possible and as quickly as possible. While it's true that haste makes waste, if you've achieved the goals, the cost shouldn't matter.

Finally, a question for you... how would you address this issue, given everything that you don't want to do?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw Higgins wants 24 per. i threw out 29 per as a max. That's reasonable, its the going rate for vets.
Am i missing something? Higgins is a beast, he helped his team reach a superbowl, i don't get how this isn't a no brainer.
We have money. Of course i respect your opinion gkekoa, i just don't get how this is an topic for a position thats so weak on our team

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly justify making a move like that using the same sideways rationale some have used in defending Terry's poor 2023 numbers. ( Tee had substandard QBing in 2023 too)

Now that I have that out of my system, here's the more honest justification.

1. Washington has a pressing need to upgrade their WR room this year. It is imperative that their new QB is given the best opportunity possible to succeed now and not a year from now.

2. Based upon the criteria given, Tee Higgins upgrades the WR room and he gives Washington something that they haven't had since Art Monk. (6'4" 219, reliability)

3. Washington barely addressed the need in the draft and the market has significantly shrunk. Among those possibly available Higgins is the best option.

4. Unless the plan is to wait until June or later releases the team is stuck with essentially the status quo meaning that any improvements will cost more than what some here are willing to pay.

5. The stated goals are arming our new QB, upgrading his weapons, making this current team as competitive as possible and as quickly as possible. While it's true that haste makes waste, if you've achieved the goals, the cost shouldn't matter.

Finally, a question for you... how would you address this issue, given everything that you don't want to do?

You stated we can’t use poor QB play as an excuse for TM, which he has had his entire career. That was my point.

1- Washington does not and should not think about short term fixes this season. Does Tee help our WR room? Perhaps but I doubt he performs as well for us because most FAs do not perform as well on new teams.

2- If all we need is height and weight, Cam Sims was that guy. Obviously, I am not saying Sims is as good as Higgins but height and weight does not make a good WR. There are quite a few short #1 WRs.

3- I agree TH is the best available. I disagree that it is a good investment.

4- I am for staying with the status quo.

5- Whose goals are those?

I say maintain patience and build the roster through the draft and supplement the roster by using FA. That has always been my mantra…until we are close. Then you can spend money…or if a Randy Moss were to become available.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw Higgins wants 24 per. i threw out 29 per as a max. That's reasonable, its the going rate for vets.
Am i missing something? Higgins is a beast, he helped his team reach a superbowl, i don't get how this isn't a no brainer.
We have money. Of course i respect your opinion gkekoa, i just don't get how this is an topic for a position thats so weak on our team

We have money…so don’t waste it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated we can’t use poor QB play as an excuse for TM, which he has had his entire career. That was my point.

1- Washington does not and should not think about short term fixes this season. Does Tee help our WR room? Perhaps but I doubt he performs as well for us because most FAs do not perform as well on new teams.

2- If all we need is height and weight, Cam Sims was that guy. Obviously, I am not saying Sims is as good as Higgins but height and weight does not make a good WR. There are quite a few short #1 WRs.

3- I agree TH is the best available. I disagree that it is a good investment.

4- I am for staying with the status quo.

5- Whose goals are those?

I say maintain patience and build the roster through the draft and supplement the roster by using FA. That has always been my mantra…until we are close. Then you can spend money…or if a Randy Moss were to become available.
Well damn, where do I begin to respond to this!

I've been the one who has made it a point to not use poor QB play as an excuse for TM, in fact in my response that you're now answering I've called it "sideways rationale." Did you miss that or just skip over it? Here's what you've further posted in response to me and my answers to them.

You wrote:

1- "Washington does not and should not think about short-term fixes this season. Does Tee help our WR room? Perhaps but I doubt he performs as well for us because most FAs do not perform as well on new teams."

Ans: Tee Higgins is 25 years old and is not, repeat NOT a short-term fix as you suggest. He absolutely helps our WR room and any suggestion that his future (possibly poor) performance is directly tied to "most FA's" past performances is ridiculous (He's NOT a FA)

2- "If all we need is height and weight, Cam Sims was that guy. Obviously, I am not saying Sims is as good as Higgins but height and weight does not make a good WR. There are quite a few short #1 WRs."

Ans: OK, where's the hidden camera? You're pranking me, right? Nobody ever said, inferred, or instigated this singular, purposely narrowed perspective. I have to ask, are you OK, man?

3- "I agree TH is the best available. I disagree that it is a good investment."

Ans: We agree on the first part and completely disagree on the second. I would like to know why you believe that it's not a good investment. I will post in answer to @Skin'EmAll the actual economic rationale for making this move. Please post any countering physical evidence that you have that suggests that it's not a good investment.

4- "I am for staying with the status quo."

Ans: Then you're completely alone and/or haven't been paying attention to what's happening with this team. To be clear THEY, aren't staying with the "status quo" organizationally, teamwide, or specifically concerning this position. (They drafted a WR and Samuel is with Buffalo) I get it, some here still want to hold onto the notion that TM is enough as a WR1, instead of being even better as a WR2. That logic escapes me but to each his own. Let's deal with facts.
Perhaps we can agree that statistical rankings that don't have your team in the top 12, then your guys must be either middle of the pack or worse, correct? Is that good enough?, perhaps, for some, but if the goal is winning games or more lofty, winning championships, then the answer to it being good enough has to be NO! Here are the top 12 WR corps in the NFL.

Ranking NFL's top 12 WR trios for 2024: Where Dolphins unit ranks …

Web1 day ago · A reordering of the NFL's wide receiver trios after the 2024 NFL Draft. ... along with Tyreek Hill while ranking ninth in the league in receiving yards (1,255). He has recorded over 1,000 ...

AND...

Here's another way to look at the guy that you want to preserve as your status quo WR1. After reading this, with the notion that TM will get better with better QBing as some here suggest, then logically so will Higgins.

NFL Wide Receiver Power Rankings 2024 | Top 50 WRs Ranked

5- "Whose goals are those?"

Well, here's what I wrote "arming our new QB, upgrading his weapons, making this current team as competitive as possible and as quickly as possible" While they certainly aren't specifically mine, reasonable, rational, thoughtful, logical people would see these goals as inarguably the next steps after organizational overhaul, drafting a QB second overall, and retooling almost 50% of the team thus far. The current moves that this management has made to this point are 100% indicative of those goals.