• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this to be interesting

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the point where I'd love to see him play it out at the $59.4 number, I just ďon't see Jerry digging in.
Gotta love it when you are redoing a guys contract because it's so hard to fit a $59.4M cap hit in...but you're going to reup him for $60M per lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it when you are redoing a guys contract because it's so hard to fit a $59.4M cap hit in...but you're going to reup him for $60M per lol
Look at all the millions they wasted though the years by signing those k-mart special free agents all the time? This front office is a joke.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well something to remember.
If they let him play out this contract & then leave.
Cowboys will still have 36.4 mil in dead cap in 2025

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero doubt that they are going to resign him. They left themselves no options. He has a no trade clause, so they would get nothing for him, their cap is crushed this year and next if they don't. Just a terrible contract for the team. But this one is going to be even worse. When they reup him and then push money back this year to save cap space, they are going to end up with the same situation down the line, except it'll be an $80M or so last season with a 35 year old QB. Meanwhile, Jerry and Stephen will use the contract as an excuse for why they sit out FA, when they could simply convert contracts to cash to create cap space. We are so screwed

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero doubt that they are going to resign him. They left themselves no options. He has a no trade clause, so they would get nothing for him, their cap is crushed this year and next if they don't. Just a terrible contract for the team. But this one is going to be even worse. When they reup him and then push money back this year to save cap space, they are going to end up with the same situation down the line, except it'll be an $80M or so last season with a 35 year old QB. Meanwhile, Jerry and Stephen will use the contract as an excuse for why they sit out FA, when they could simply convert contracts to cash to create cap space. We are so screwed
Until the contract is signed I have hope Jerry will let him just play out 24 and see what happens. I agree I don’t think that will happen but I believe it should. If it does it might be the first sighting of Jerry’s balls in the negotiations since he stole Sanders from the 49ers.
While I’m not a Jerry ball washer I would get the fire hose out to rinse off the dust while Jerry shouted “hello to my little friends”

:plotting:
But this more likely what we get instead of Tony Montoya

1710415117971.jpeg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like that goes away if they extend him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid runs in the jones family.i hope jerrah lives forever cause dallas will always fall short with him running things.
Imagine how shitty it must be to be a Commanders fan (is that the name today?) if we are run that poorly and yet you look up at us from the bottom of the cesspool pits every year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how shitty it must be to be a Commanders fan (is that the name today?) if we are run that poorly and yet you look up at us from the bottom of the cesspool pits every year.
For another year or two. They have a good owner now who hired a smart GM. They are moving to the passing lane while Jerry and Stephen spend the first week of FA in Cabo on the party yacht

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For another year or two. They have a good owner now who hired a smart GM. They are moving to the passing lane while Jerry and Stephen spend the first week of FA in Cabo on the party yacht
So they signed an older slower now RB and Bobby Wagner who will be great for a year or two but gone before they can make any noise and a bunch of Cowboys that Cowboy fans complained about for the past few year s and have no QB. They also brought in Quinn who was seemingly was a much better DC than HC and this was before he pretty much was blamed t oat least some degree for our playoff disaster. What am I missing?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they signed an older slower now RB and Bobby Wagner who will be great for a year or two but gone before they can make any noise and a bunch of Cowboys that Cowboy fans complained about for the past few year s and have no QB. They also brought in Quinn who was seemingly was a much better DC than HC and this was before he pretty much was blamed t oat least some degree for our playoff disaster. What am I missing?
Is that your complete analysis lol? An old slow RB, a washed up Bobby Wagner(who we would have loved to have gotten), and some scrub Cowboys? And a poor choice for HC? Ok, I'll bite...
Dan Quinn was a pretty good HC in Atlanta. As I recall he made the Super Bowl(how many of our HC's have done that in the last three decades?), but his team blew a big lead on the Pats. I think a big chunk of that blame should go to Shanahans playcalling, but whatever. What has Atlanta done since?
As to the players...you bashed Ekeler, but he looks a Heck of a lot better than Malik Davis or whatever junkpile scrub we add. The former Cowboys weren't great players but who are we replacing them with? Brock Hoffman at C? Just how many draft picks do you think we have? You forgot to mention Frankie Luvu who is a heck of an add at LB..They have 3 really good LB's now. Clelin Ferrell is a pretty good DE to pair with Armstrong and Fowler, who had some production here. They have strong DT's. Come draft time, they have 6 of the top 101 picks including 3 in the top 40. If they hit on a young QB at #2 they'll have him wrapped up for the next 5 years making $50M PER SEASON less than our QB. And their Owner/GM is better than Jerry by default.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like that goes away if they extend him.
well extensions are used to change cap values.

but not my point.
If you guys were correct & we are wasting our time with Dak. & you guys are fine with starting over.
Do it now. it is only 2.5 mil more in dead cap this year than 36.4 mil dead cap next year. That is crazy you say. I agree.
but if you were right. That is the move to make. You already convinced yourselves we are wasting this season because Dak cant perform in the playoffs. Which is complete Bullshit, but hey. If you stuck to your beliefs. This is the move to make. Go get a cheap vet or a QB in the draft & move forward, without wasting the extra 36.4 mil when you are trying to rebuild next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your complete analysis lol? An old slow RB, a washed up Bobby Wagner(who we would have loved to have gotten), and some scrub Cowboys? And a poor choice for HC? Ok, I'll bite...
Dan Quinn was a pretty good HC in Atlanta. As I recall he made the Super Bowl(how many of our HC's have done that in the last three decades?), but his team blew a big lead on the Pats. I think a big chunk of that blame should go to Shanahans playcalling, but whatever. What has Atlanta done since?
As to the players...you bashed Ekeler, but he looks a Heck of a lot better than Malik Davis or whatever junkpile scrub we add. The former Cowboys weren't great players but who are we replacing them with? Brock Hoffman at C? Just how many draft picks do you think we have? You forgot to mention Frankie Luvu who is a heck of an add at LB..They have 3 really good LB's now. Clelin Ferrell is a pretty good DE to pair with Armstrong and Fowler, who had some production here. They have strong DT's. Come draft time, they have 6 of the top 101 picks including 3 in the top 40. If they hit on a young QB at #2 they'll have him wrapped up for the next 5 years making $50M PER SEASON less than our QB. And their Owner/GM is better than Jerry by default.
Where did I call Bobby Wagner washed up? I think he is still great. I said they won't be good until after he is gone. You've been making up a lot of stuff lately. Go root for Washington. You clearly just bitch about everything about the Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well extensions are used to change cap values.

but not my point.
If you guys were correct & we are wasting our time with Dak. & you guys are fine with starting over.
Do it now. it is only 2.5 mil more in dead cap this year than 36.4 mil dead cap next year. That is crazy you say. I agree.
but if you were right. That is the move to make. You already convinced yourselves we are wasting this season because Dak cant perform in the playoffs. Which is complete Bullshit, but hey. If you stuck to your beliefs. This is the move to make. Go get a cheap vet or a QB in the draft & move forward, without wasting the extra 36.4 mil when you are trying to rebuild next year.
You can't do anything about the unallocated SB or restructure bonus. It stays.

I don't know where you guys get this stuff you make up. There is a huge difference between not wanting to extend Dak right now and wanting to cut him. That doesn't even make any sense. But, I could see the benefit in cutting or trading him if that is what the team decided, it's just not what I would do. There is only one bad move and that is extending Dak at $60M per year right now. There is no benefit. What you gain now, you lose double 4 years from now with regards to the cap. We can sign whomever we want without extending Dak. There is no reason to do it THIS YEAR. His dead money needs to start disappearing, not increasing, or the team is screwed.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't do anything about the unallocated SB or restructure bonus. It stays.

I don't know where you guys get this stuff you make up. There is a huge difference between not wanting to extend Dak right now and wanting to cut him. That doesn't even make any sense. But, I could see the benefit in cutting or trading him if that is what the team decided, it's just not what I would do. There is only one bad move and that is extending Dak at $60M per year right now. There is no benefit. What you gain now, you lose double 4 years from now with regards to the cap. We can sign whomever we want without extending Dak. There is no reason to do it THIS YEAR. His dead money needs to start disappearing, not increasing, or the team is screwed.
well to me this doesnt make sense, because I dont agree with you guys, but again.
If you believe he cant/wont win a playoff game, then to you this would make sense. Why waste the 59.4 mil on a dead duck.
This is how you make his dead money start disappearing.
According to your plan in the moment. we will be starting over next year -36.4 mil (by not resigning him)
Why not have that 36.4 mil next year, since we wont be getting anywhere this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I call Bobby Wagner washed up? I think he is still great. I said they won't be good until after he is gone. You've been making up a lot of stuff lately. Go root for Washington. You clearly just bitch about everything about the Cowboys
The Cowboys have been my team as long as they have been yours, maybe before you were born. I loved this team long before Jerry Jones bought them. I can "bitch" about the way this team is being ran all I want, because I think Jerry is running the club into the ground in the near future. And don't ask "what am I missing" if you're going to throw a little prissy fit if I tell you what you missed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to me this doesnt make sense, because I dont agree with you guys, but again.
If you believe he cant/wont win a playoff game, then to you this would make sense. Why waste the 59.4 mil on a dead duck.
According to your plan in the moment. we will be starting over next year -36.4 mil (by not resigning him)
Why not have that 36.4 mil next year, since we wont be getting anywhere this year.
First off my stance is not Dak "can't" win a playoff game, especially since he already has. So right off the bat that's making stuff up, so start with that. I said he has proven to not be able to carry a team or be the reason a team wins a SB. Anyone can win a playoff game. You don't cut him because you give it one more shot with everyone and then get rid of him and the HC next year if/when you have the same results. You don't cut him now because we don't have a cap problem this year and won't have a cap problem next year if Dak is not resigned. The only way we have a problem is 4 years from now if you extend Dak.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, they couldn't let Dak walk even if they wanted to with this contract structure. Its not "cut Dak" to me, it's we should never have made him the highest paid QB in the game 4 years ago and even if you were in that camp, we shouldn't have given him a no trade clause in addition to no franchise tag option. This is just the inevitable result of that deal and it's about to force us into an even worse deal, that will be disastrous five years from now when he is 35. Bitching about Jerry is all that's left when the ship is sinking and there's no life raft