• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I noted it didn't need to be a huge market...Cousins...mostly true, but aside from MIN, there was DEN (that signed Keenum), SF, (signed Jimmy G), I'm missing a few others that signed.

Someone will always need a QB it seems, but Dak is flirting with fire IMO.
Yeah, just takes one team like you said. I thought Kirk was playing with fire too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton isn't as good as Dak but he is similar in one aspect. He needs talent. I don't know if he ever has the talent around him that Dak has here, but when he has had a good cast, he has been good. Dak really took off after Cooper arrived, but has usually struggled when a star is hurt, be it Coop or TSmith...I just look at what has happened since the Rams broke the bank on Goff and I think I would draw a line in the sand as well. Man, 5/$175 with $100 Guaranteed isn't a low ball IMO
1. I can't think of one QB who didn't require talent around him to reach their full potential. Aikman and Staubach had extremely talented teams. This makes zero sense.

2. Prescott was pretty good his rookie year and did you see the Atlanta game when TSmith was out? I don't know if any QB wouldn't have struggled.

Here's the thing UK....You can say I'm a Prescott ball washer. That was sealed when Woodsen said what he said about Prescott's leadership abilities. He said he was the best leader he had ever seen. Think about that for a minute, Woodsen played with Irvin, Aikman and Smith. Everything and I mean everything about Prescott screams team first. I'm down with that in this me first world we live in. Dak wanted 4 years like so many other resent QB signings. Logic says that is the smart play with a new TV contract coming. Jerry played hard ball. We'll see how this works out but for God's sake, please stop with this thought this team can roll with just anybody playing QB and get great results. Nothing and I mean nothing has shown this team to be that talented and nothing has shown this organization can pick a QB based on their evaluations

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but my gosh...Dak you're grasping for every penny in this contract, yet watching dollars fly out the window
Everything I've read say's this is just plain wrong. Dak wanted a 4 year deal like Wentz, Goff, Wilson and Tannehill. Hell, Watson prefers a 3 year deal. It's been said the average $$ per year was not the stumbling block. Jerry's best offer was 5 years with a less percentage of guaranteed $$ than any of those QB's. I think it just came down to term. Dak has made 4M in 4 years, wanted a deal similar to what other QB's got with the opportunity for another contract earlier in his prime after the new TV deal is in play. Dak wanted to be treated like other young franchise QB's and seems fine with 31.4M. Kid works hard, I think he'll be fine in the end rather that's in a Dallas uni or another team

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 25 and counting. I never would have thought in my lifetime that so many other teams would have had more success then the cowboys in 25 years. This is beyond pathetic. You could not even back your way into at least more then 4 playoff victories in 25 years and not one NFC championship game. I am getting too old for this shit!!
I'm starting to think Jerry's stronger desire to be the face of the Cowboys above anything else is why this team hasn't done shit. He just can't stay the fuck outta the way and nothing say's his son will be much better

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read say's this is just plain wrong. Dak wanted a 4 year deal like Wentz, Goff, Wilson and Tannehill. Hell, Watson prefers a 3 year deal. It's been said the average $$ per year was not the stumbling block. Jerry's best offer was 5 years with a less percentage of guaranteed $$ than any of those QB's. I think it just came down to term. Dak has made 4M in 4 years, wanted a deal similar to what other QB's got with the opportunity for another contract earlier in his prime after the new TV deal is in play. Dak wanted to be treated like other young franchise QB's and seems fine with 31.4M. Kid works hard, I think he'll be fine in the end rather that's in a Dallas uni or another team
this is the only part I disagree with.
Saw this on TV also.
Think this is just to get people on Daks (agent) side.
4 year or 5 year doesnt matter to this part.
All the Guaranteed parts when signing is always in the 1st three years. Sure you will have roster bonuses & those kind of guarantees, but all the real ones are always in the 1st three years
While Wilson & Wentz were getting in the 60+ millions, think Rodgers was around 79 mil. Rumor was (from same people on TV) 85 mil. of the 110+ in guarantees were at signing.
It wasnt a bad deal. Just Dak's side wanted 4 years & the Cowboys wanted 5. So I agree with all the rest you are saying.

He wanted a 4 year deal he could renegotiate at 3.
The Cowboys wanted a 5 year deal to renegotiate at 4.

I dont blame either side on that.
As of now I figure if they do a deal before being forced to attach a 2nd tag all will be good (more expensive however) if the 2nd tag is used, I figure we are moving on from there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Rams get to a Super Bowl under Goff and didn't the Rams beat the Boys on their way to the Super Bowl?
Yes the Rams beat the Cowboys, that doesn't mean Dak hasn't outplayed Goff over the last 4vyears.

Also if I recall the Rams knew almost every play Dallas ran.

I'll cede McVey >>>> Garrett.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. My point was if Jerry really want to keep Dak he would have offered him more money. TBH I don't know how the negotiations went between the two. Maybe in the future the Boys can sign Dak long-term
He offered him enough to be the 2nd highest paid player, just shy of what Russell Wilson is making.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Rams beat the Cowboys, that doesn't mean Dak hasn't outplayed Goff over the last 4vyears.

Also if I recall the Rams knew almost every play Dallas ran.

I'll cede McVey >>>> Garrett.
Then fire Garrett and sign Dak to a contract and see what happens.