• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts being made

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have our first round of cuts today. So far here is the list of players cut by the Broncos to get down to the 75 players...

Safety Brandian Ross
TE Manasseh Garner
Safety Antonio Glover
OL Mathu Gibson
DL Calvin Heurtelou
OT Cameron Jefferson
NT David Moala
WR Durron Neal
WR DeVier Posey
ILB Darnell Sankey
ILB Frank Shannon

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I thought who might survive the first wave on this list was Durron Neal, but not the second. Generally except rare cases the first wave of cuts never end up back on your PS (but often another teams)

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I thought who might survive the first wave on this list was Durron Neal.

I was on the Posey train that he might make it through but yeah I figured a couple of WR's had to be cut in this first wave. Most of these players haven't had their name mentioned once for something good so no real huge surprises.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just thought Neal might make it longer because he is younger then Posey. Posey has good tools just never developed. Start of camp I thought Posey might have a shot as with the new PS rules he is eligible for our PS. But he did very little. Neal showed small flashes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots cut Pot Roast, and like this off-season I believe we have no interest. He should have stayed with us the first time, Then again maybe for our sake it is a good thing he didn't.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to me like we probably keep 2 of Raymond, Addison and Frasier on the PS.

Technically judging off PT alone you would think we would keep Raymond and Addison on the PS and give them each a longer look as a possible PR down the line when they gain our trust, but sometimes PS adds are odd and sometimes it can be that guy who you may not hear a lot about, but maybe impressed some in camp just enough to get a longer look on the PS (Frasier). I really figured we would keep Raymond then either Addison, Neal or Posey on the PS. I have a feeling we keep two WR's on the PS. We have a history of doing so.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots cut Pot Roast, and like this off-season I believe we have no interest. He should have stayed with us the first time, Then again maybe for our sake it is a good thing he didn't.

Pot Roast will always be one of those players that just baffles me. He has honestly some great talent but just not the will power to want to be great. He views himself as great but the rest of the league looks at him as a guy that puts on 40 lbs. every off season and that you have to keep trying to kick in the rear to get motivated. He made some great plays for us though but at this point he just isn't a good fit for our system and honestly I really like the group we have right now and wouldn't want to see any of them cut at the expense of Pot Roast.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to me like we probably keep 2 of Raymond, Addison and Frasier on the PS.

Technically judging off PT alone you would think we would keep Raymond and Addison on the PS and give them each a longer look as a possible PR down the line when they gain our trust, but sometimes PS adds are odd and sometimes it can be that guy who you may not hear a lot about, but maybe impressed some in camp just enough to get a longer look on the PS (Frasier). I really figured we would keep Raymond then either Addison, Neal or Posey on the PS. I have a feeling we keep two WR's on the PS. We have a history of doing so.

Frasier also gets a nice boost because of playing with Lynch in college. They could keep him around not only for making a few plays but also just comfort level for Lynch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I hope they don't keep a player just because a QB is familiar with him, but if he earns the PS spot then I am all for that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I hope they don't keep a player just because a QB is familiar with him, but if he earns the PS spot then I am all for that.

I am more in line with if there are two guys that are close then maybe that is something I consider. Frasier has actually made a lot of catches at camp and even in the preseason games so I don't think that is the only reason he is still around or if he would make the practice squad.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Colquitt does not take a pay cut.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Colquitt does not take a pay cut.

I'm torn on this. He has to know that he has out-punted the rookie. They are showing that by wanting to keep him. So I can understand him wanting to fight it but depending how low they want to go I'm not sure he hits the open market and finds better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a few things with Colquitt

1. He didn't take a paycut when asked so we are shopping him.
2. We are allowing his agent to shop him and if no goes then he will perhaps take the paycut we asked him to.

I think #2 is very likely.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. If Colquitt does take the paycut after finding out nobody will pay him that much. Do we dare keep a punter on the PS to groom him for next year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. If Colquitt does take the paycut after finding out nobody will pay him that much. Do we dare keep a punter on the PS to groom him for next year?

Honestly at this point after asking Colquitt to take a pay cut for the 2nd year in a row just not sure that is the guy I want back there. Feel for the guy but I just have to think that mental beat down with some of those things cannot be the easiest thing to deal with. Maybe it is just time to move on with Dixon.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly at this point after asking Colquitt to take a pay cut for the 2nd year in a row just not sure that is the guy I want back there. Feel for the guy but I just have to think that mental beat down with some of those things cannot be the easiest thing to deal with. Maybe it is just time to move on with Dixon.

Did he take a pay cut last year? I think so. I would not take another paycut just out of principle and find another team.

He's a FA next year anyways. Just start the process a year early.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't Colquitt a FA at the end of the year? I'd say either way he is going to be gone after this year with all the paycut rejections. Why not just move on now with a young punter we spent a pick on and who has looked darn near as good as Colquitt in PS.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colquitt was gone when the Broncos draftrd Dixon - the pay cut was to make him tradable at $1.6 million per year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina acquires Andy Lee